Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Time For Shirley To Show Some Leadersip
Bookmark and Share
tiger68 Away
Special Teams

I Root For: Memphis
MyBB Time For Shirley To Show Some Leadersip
The AD should never hang his coaches out to dry. Shirley needs to explain to Bowen the proper protocol is to discuss scheduling changes with the coach before going public.03-puke
01-03-2013 08:24 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

OneShiningMoment Away
MT.org's Smartass and Dumbass

I Root For: OnCampusStadium

Donators
RE: Time For Shirley To Show Some Leadersip
Maybe Shirley can give Tom the ole "Is Carolina Blue true blue??? NOOOOOO!!!! Is UCLA blue true blue??? NOOOOOO!!! Is Kansas blue true blue??? NOOOOO!!! Is Memphis blue True Blue??? YEEESSSSSSS!!!!"
01-03-2013 08:36 PM
21-17 Best Time I Ever Ha Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MEMPHIS BY DAMN
Shirley is clueless.
01-03-2013 09:18 PM
madtiger Offline
Hoops Hater, Shill, and Pro Boot Licker

(01-03-2013 08:24 PM)tiger68 Wrote:  The AD should never hang his coaches out to dry. Shirley needs to explain to Bowen the proper protocol is to discuss scheduling changes with the coach before going public.03-puke

And at the same time needs to tell another employee not to go out and make declartive statements when he/she isn't the one in charge of such matters.
01-03-2013 09:19 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

bluebacker Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Close Games

Donators
(01-03-2013 09:19 PM)madtiger Wrote:  
(01-03-2013 08:24 PM)tiger68 Wrote:  The AD should never hang his coaches out to dry. Shirley needs to explain to Bowen the proper protocol is to discuss scheduling changes with the coach before going public.03-puke

And at the same time needs to tell another employee not to go out and make declartive statements when he/she isn't the one in charge of such matters.

Bowen told Josh one thing and then did another. That's not on Josh that's on TB.
01-04-2013 01:15 AM
ncrdbl1 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

Control freak. He is going to do massive damage to the program.
01-04-2013 01:22 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
NTMB Offline
No quarter asked and none given.

I Root For: MEMPHIS TIGERS

Donators

Bowen didn't go public, the UT AD did.

Try again.
01-04-2013 01:31 AM
Advertisement

bubbapt Offline
Uh, what?

Donators
Didn't Shirley let RC hide the Rose investigation notices under his seat for about six months?
01-04-2013 06:21 AM
EarthBoundMisfit Offline
Tongue tied and twisted

I Root For: CardiacAblation
(01-04-2013 01:31 AM)NTMB Wrote:  

Bowen didn't go public, the UT AD did.

Try again.

that makes it even worse. If Josh thought they both saw eye-to-eye , it is because Bowen lied to him
01-04-2013 07:10 AM
gthom Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
(01-04-2013 01:15 AM)bluebacker Wrote:  

Bowen told Josh one thing and then did another. That's not on Josh that's on TB.

You have absolutely zero proof that's what happened. Saying Bowen did this is just as arbitraray as saying Josh was talking out of his a$$ about things he has no right to discuss.

Everyone is all up in arms at Bowen here, but this might really be Josh's blunder....
01-04-2013 08:43 AM
Advertisement

dan o Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Tigers
(01-04-2013 08:43 AM)gthom Wrote:  
(01-04-2013 01:15 AM)bluebacker Wrote:  

You have absolutely zero proof that's what happened. Saying Bowen did this is just as arbitraray as saying Josh was talking out of his a$$ about things he has no right to discuss.

Everyone is all up in arms at Bowen here, but this might really be Josh's blunder....

Regardless of who's at fault, we look like the Three Stooges.

If the Tiger brand is important to the President, and if she wants to have any input whatsoever in athletics, she, the agents, and a competent PR firm should be in damage control mode---right now!
01-04-2013 08:57 AM
ksigtigerdood Offline
Heisman

Exactly. The AD sets the schedule. He can take the input of the coaches, but he is the one that signs all agreements on scheduling. He should be the one answering the questions on the schedule.
01-04-2013 09:20 AM
GermantownTiger Offline
Capitalism Rules!

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
The best "damage-control" device in college athletics is called "winning"...everything else is but a silly pillow fight occupying MT.org posters who have nothing better to talk about.
01-04-2013 04:02 PM
Advertisement

dan o Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Tigers
(01-04-2013 04:02 PM)GermantownTiger Wrote:  The best "damage-control" device in college athletics is called "winning"...everything else is but a silly pillow fight occupying MT.org posters who have nothing better to talk about.

Respectfully disagree.

We have had an uphill battle with our reputation and don't need to add this to the Tiger High folklore.

In my opinion
01-04-2013 04:13 PM
bluebacker Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Close Games

Donators
(01-04-2013 09:20 AM)ksigtigerdood Wrote:  

Exactly. The AD sets the schedule. He can take the input of the coaches, but he is the one that signs all agreements on scheduling. He should be the one answering the questions on the schedule.

This is absolutely false. Almost, if not every, D1 bb coach sets their own out of conference schedule. The AD does NOT set the schedule.
01-04-2013 05:32 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.