Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

UL wins Sugar bowl- BE , Tigers
Bookmark and Share
roachman48 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
UL wins Sugar bowl- BE , Tigers
Damn- If the BE was staying together with no changes, this could be our goal.
A w over a #3 ranked team (SEC team) in the sugar bowl, how sweet is that?

Now, we only have the 2013 season where we play in a BE which has AQ to a BCS bowl. While a playoff is great for NCAAF , I wish we could stay in this format while playing in BE.

Goals- Win BE and play in BCS bowl. Fuente could do it. That is an extremely bold statement. But remember, he was OC for a TCU team which won the Rose bowl.

Go Tigers!
01-03-2013 07:06 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ZachMan Offline
1st String

I Root For: The Tigers
RE: UL wins Sugar bowl- BE , Tigers
Just kills me to watch Louisville and what they have done with their program, we are not even in the same ball park with them anymore. Starting to lose faith it will ever happen here. Their #4 ranked hoops team wins right before their #21 ranked football team embarrasses an SEC power in a BCS bowl game, hats off to them!!!
01-03-2013 08:13 AM
Pressed Rat Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Another lose for that over rated conference
01-03-2013 08:37 AM
daonepro Offline
All American

I Root For: MEMPHIS
We have a list and a plan, go figure
01-03-2013 08:38 AM
ksigtigerdood Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis
(01-03-2013 08:37 AM)Pressed Rat Wrote:  Another lose for that over rated conference

That conference really isn't looking too strong right now. While the polls don't show it, it is a down year for the SEC.
01-03-2013 08:43 AM
ksigtigerdood Offline
Heisman

(01-03-2013 08:38 AM)daonepro Wrote:  We have a list and a plan, go figure

Did RC pass the list on to Bowen?
01-03-2013 08:44 AM
Advertisement

Tiger46 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Tigers
(01-03-2013 08:13 AM)ZachMan Wrote:  Just kills me to watch Louisville and what they have done with their program, we are not even in the same ball park with them anymore. Starting to lose faith it will ever happen here. Their #4 ranked hoops team wins right before their #21 ranked football team embarrasses an SEC power in a BCS bowl game, hats off to them!!!

we are in the same ball park, just a few years behind in football and until very recently we were way ahead of them in basketball.

Pick up yourself dude! You are a Tiger !
01-03-2013 09:06 AM
fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
their fans have put their money where their mouth is for 2 decades now. We can't even fund a weight room with our "fans".
01-03-2013 09:25 AM
Tiger46 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Tigers
(01-03-2013 09:25 AM)fsquid Wrote:  their fans have put their money where their mouth is for 2 decades now. We can't even fund a weight room with our "fans".

You nailed it. Every ***** and moan that we all have mouthed or heard the past 10 years comes down to this.

Put up or shut up.
01-03-2013 09:28 AM
ksigtigerdood Offline
Heisman

(01-03-2013 09:28 AM)Tiger46 Wrote:  
(01-03-2013 09:25 AM)fsquid Wrote:  their fans have put their money where their mouth is for 2 decades now. We can't even fund a weight room with our "fans".

You nailed it. Every ***** and moan that we all have mouthed or heard the past 10 years comes down to this.

Put up or shut up.

Yep. We love to drill RC for this, but some of it's on the fans. Uncle Fred can't pay for everything.
01-03-2013 09:50 AM
geosnooker2000 Offline
I got Cleopatra in the basement

I Root For: Brandon

Problem with your position is, the fans have to know about it before they can donate.

I will grant you, fans should be donating anyway, but we have to get past the former situation. Lest we forget, just a few short years ago, RC refused to put Football donations toward Football.
01-03-2013 11:15 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

tiger-viper Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
(01-03-2013 07:06 AM)roachman48 Wrote:  Damn- If the BE was staying together with no changes, this could be our goal.

Now, we only have the 2013 season where we play in a BE which has AQ to a BCS bowl. While a playoff is great for NCAAF , I wish we could stay in this format while playing in BE.

Goals- Win BE and play in BCS bowl. Fuente could do it. That is an extremely bold statement. But remember, he was OC for a TCU team which won the Rose bowl.

Go Tigers!

just goes to show that if the big east teams had just stuck together they would have passed the acc and perhaps even the pac 12 in the pecking order. but the chicken **** teams that bolted were too short sighted. **** them all.
01-03-2013 11:20 AM
3rdgenerationtiger Offline
1st String

I Root For: Tigers & Bears
(01-03-2013 11:20 AM)tiger-viper Wrote:  
(01-03-2013 07:06 AM)roachman48 Wrote:  Damn- If the BE was staying together with no changes, this could be our goal.

Go Tigers!

just goes to show that if the big east teams had just stuck together they would have passed the acc and perhaps even the pac 12 in the pecking order. but the chicken **** teams that bolted were too short sighted. **** them all.

If those "chicken ****" teams had not left, Memphis would have never been invited.
01-03-2013 11:35 AM
Tiger.J Offline
Stay optimistic

And most of those 'fans' are the ones consistently baiting and negatively patronizing other posters on this site. Such a joke...shouldn't be allowed. Criticism is one thing, and totally fine...this is quite past that/different.

Hopefully, with our current Mem. staff (minus SR) we can make strides needed to get there. People forget that its not rocket science...you just have to be committed and take one step at a time. Basketball is very close to being what we all want, and football seems to finally have something moving in a positive direction (and we seem to have much more support than before [ambassadors weighing in heavily and more publicly in fb coach and AD searches, Tiger Lane, LB upgrades, facilities upgrades, etc...] - as realignment has made it known that if you want to be included in the big picture, you had better get your program in order)
01-03-2013 11:39 AM
fsquid Offline
Legend

(01-03-2013 11:15 AM)geosnooker2000 Wrote:  

Problem with your position is, the fans have to know about it before they can donate.

I will grant you, fans should be donating anyway, but we have to get past the former situation. Lest we forget, just a few short years ago, RC refused to put Football donations toward Football.

we have $99 season tickets for Christ sake.
01-03-2013 11:52 AM
ksigtigerdood Offline
Heisman

(01-03-2013 11:52 AM)fsquid Wrote:  
(01-03-2013 11:15 AM)geosnooker2000 Wrote:  

we have $99 season tickets for Christ sake.

But we do have $10,000 basketball season tickets.
01-03-2013 12:14 PM
Advertisement

Mimi Offline
Who farted??

I Root For: reasonableness
(01-03-2013 09:06 AM)Tiger46 Wrote:  
(01-03-2013 08:13 AM)ZachMan Wrote:  Just kills me to watch Louisville and what they have done with their program, we are not even in the same ball park with them anymore. Starting to lose faith it will ever happen here. Their #4 ranked hoops team wins right before their #21 ranked football team embarrasses an SEC power in a BCS bowl game, hats off to them!!!

we are in the same ball park, just a few years behind in football and until very recently we were way ahead of them in basketball.

Well said!

Too easy to be snarky and bash your own.

Support and improve!!

Kick some tail Friday!
01-03-2013 12:15 PM
fsquid Offline
Legend

According to CBS, the Sugar Bowl only drew 5k more than the New Orleans Bowl between ULL and ECU.
01-03-2013 02:41 PM
Tigerdave1985 Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
(01-03-2013 09:06 AM)Tiger46 Wrote:  

Like it or not, the Memphis program is not in the same ball park as Louisville. Especially football.
01-03-2013 03:33 PM
mem-x Offline
On The Downhill Run Now.

I Root For: Tigers!
(01-03-2013 08:43 AM)ksigtigerdood Wrote:  
(01-03-2013 08:37 AM)Pressed Rat Wrote:  Another lose for that over rated conference

That conference really isn't looking too strong right now. While the polls don't show it, it is a down year for the SEC.

The why do we have polls at all? We all know where the politics, money & BS are domiciled.
01-03-2013 03:54 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.