Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

UTEP Fans...if San Diego St. decides to stay would you guys make a move?
Bookmark and Share
pirateradio97 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: East Carolina
If Aresco Pulls the Punch. I have seen from folks on this board that UTEP has a pretty good alumni base in Houston and Dallas. Would you come to the NBE if offered?

East
ECU
UCF
USF
Temple
UConn
Cincy

West
Houston
SMU
Tulane
San Diego St.
UTEP
Memphis
(This post was last modified: 01-01-2013 08:49 PM by pirateradio97.)
01-01-2013 08:49 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BamaScorpio69 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Non-AQs
RE: UTEP Fans...if San Diego St. decides to stay would you guys make a move?
(01-01-2013 08:49 PM)pirateradio97 Wrote:  If Aresco Pulls the Punch. I have seen from folks on this board that UTEP has a pretty good alumni base in Houston and Dallas. Would you come to the NBE if offered?

UTEP fans may like this but I don't think UTEP administrators would favor this move.
01-01-2013 08:53 PM
mistabinks Offline
Glory Road Resident

I Root For: UTEP Miners
SDSU isn't the deciding factor. Neither is travel.

I really hope our AD and President is on the phone 24/7 right now.

The nBE is an attractive place. It wouldn't be 'moving up.' It simply isn't. More importantly though, it wouldn't be falling behind. CUSA 3.5 isn't even considered treading water.

Myself, I'd prefer the MWC because they stood together and told the nBE to take a hike (unlv, afa, and fsu at least). More stability.

Going to the nBE would be a no brainier if offered however. It's an attractive group of schools and ECU (jk).
01-01-2013 09:04 PM
randaddyminer Offline
Banned

I Root For: UTEP miners
SDSU isn't a rival
01-01-2013 09:10 PM
pirateradio97 Offline
2nd String

Yep I know SDSU is not a rival..but doesn't your alumni base like playing other Texas Schools? and also hearing that Fresno St. is not happy with the deal Boise got
01-01-2013 09:12 PM
ECU-DMB Fanatic Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ECU
(01-01-2013 09:04 PM)mistabinks Wrote:  SDSU isn't the deciding factor. Neither is travel.

The nBE is an attractive place. It wouldn't be 'moving up.' It simply isn't. More importantly though, it wouldn't be falling behind. CUSA 3.5 isn't even considered treading water.

Myself, I'd prefer the MWC because they stood together and told the nBE to take a hike (unlv, afa, and fsu at least). More stability.

Going to the nBE would be a no brainier if offered however. It's an attractive group of schools and ECU (jk).

The MWC did not stick together...They bent over and took it from Boise St to keep their conference alive....Would you really want to join a conference where one school has a sweeter deal than the rest? What would really be funny is if the Big East can put together a good enough deal to entice a few MWC schools to leave because of the fact some them pissed about the preferential treatment Boise St got.
(This post was last modified: 01-01-2013 09:17 PM by ECU-DMB Fanatic.)
01-01-2013 09:14 PM
Advertisement

Thegoldstandard Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Southern Miss
We are seeing grasping at straws now in epic status. A group who bitched about traveling to el paso is suddenly begging a cal school to join th big no contract conference
01-01-2013 09:21 PM
RUNVSFD MINER Offline
The voice in your head...See?

I Root For: UTEP
Ideally, UTEP should be with SMU & Houston for alumni reasons.

UTEP should also be with UNM, AFA, Co St, and others out west, for rivalries and geographical reasons (I'm pleasantly surprised how much love UTEP gets from the MWC fans, saying "UTEP needs to come home").

I may be excessively optimistic. But I think that UTEP will have 3 options available to it (CUSA, MWC, and possibly the nBE if it decides to beef up bball).
01-01-2013 09:23 PM
pirateradio97 Offline
2nd String

(01-01-2013 09:21 PM)Thegoldstandard Wrote:  We are seeing grasping at straws now in epic status. A group who bitched about traveling to el paso is suddenly begging a cal school to join th big no contract conference

Who's begging? I just asked a simple question..Take off your panties
01-01-2013 09:26 PM
Pony94 Offline

I Root For: SMU
(01-01-2013 09:26 PM)pirateradio97 Wrote:  
(01-01-2013 09:21 PM)Thegoldstandard Wrote:  We are seeing grasping at straws now in epic status. A group who bitched about traveling to el paso is suddenly begging a cal school to join th big no contract conference

Who's begging? I just asked a simple question..Take off your panties

At least buy him a drink first
01-01-2013 09:30 PM
ECU-DMB Fanatic Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ECU

03-yawn
01-01-2013 09:30 PM
Advertisement

mistabinks Offline
Glory Road Resident

I Root For: UTEP Miners
(01-01-2013 09:14 PM)ECU-DMB Fanatic Wrote:  
(01-01-2013 09:04 PM)mistabinks Wrote:  SDSU isn't the deciding factor. Neither is travel.

The MWC did not stick together...They bent over and took it from Boise St to keep their conference alive....Would you really want to join a conference where one school has a sweeter deal than the rest? What would really be funny is if the Big East can put together a good enough deal to entice a few MWC schools to leave because of the fact some them pissed about the preferential treatment Boise St got.

It is all about how you want to view and/or present things. Like SDSU, BSU isn't a deciding factor. Myself, I believe UNLV, FSU, and AFA said no thanks to the nBE. To me, that is sticking together. You may see it differently. That's fine.

Again, the nBE is an attractive place. A place that may never consider UTEP. I simply don't have any faith in uconn and Cincinnati sticking around long term or dedicating themselves to the conference. Same thing with Memphis actually.

If I got to choose, I'd pick the MWC. I absolutely wouldn't leverage an nBE invite though if offered.
01-01-2013 09:36 PM
randaddyminer Offline
Banned

I Root For: UTEP miners
(01-01-2013 09:12 PM)pirateradio97 Wrote:  Yep I know SDSU is not a rival..but doesn't your alumni base like playing other Texas Schools? and also hearing that Fresno St. is not happy with the deal Boise got

we can schedule texas schools ooc. It would be nice to be in a conference that is stable and I just don't think the big east has that, as far as Fresno goes, I haven't heard that, but I imagine they are free to move to the pac or big east if they choose. IMO, most UTEP fans would choose the MWC at this point, too much uncertainty in Cusa east and the big east
(This post was last modified: 01-01-2013 10:12 PM by randaddyminer.)
01-01-2013 10:10 PM
MinerInWisconsin Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UTEP, of course
If your scenario played out and SDSU stayed and the MWC told us to pound sand and the nBE invited UTEP, then after all those "ands" I would want UTEP to accept because if we didn't then UNT or UTSA or Tulsa would.

I do like the expected 2013 makeup of C-USA west and if that stays together then I'm fine where we are.

If SDSU stayed in the nBE and the MWC and the nBE invited UTEP I would want UTEP to accept the MWC invitation. I would prefer that the MWC took SDSU back and then invited SMU, Houston, UTEP plus one other for a 16 team western/southwestern league.
01-01-2013 10:16 PM
olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
For my part NO. I'd still rather stick it out with ncusa than nbe. But only if mwc didn't want us. There is nothing in nbe that tells me it's a better deal. Besides, at least we wouldn't have to constantly hear griping from a certain school about travel. Ah, those were the days. That I wish not to repeat.
01-01-2013 11:11 PM
BamaScorpio69 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Non-AQs
What is perfectly clear is that after years of seperation, the former WAC schools are ready to be back together. Nothing wrong with that.
01-01-2013 11:17 PM
Advertisement

MinerTime Offline
Special Teams

Nothing against the BE, but I'd rather we move to the MWC. The new C-USA isn't all that bad and if we stay here then I'm sure we will be fine, but with all the conference shuffle mess going on in the east, I'm sure more teams will be leaving C-USA causing more instability everywhere. I'm done with all that and hope we just find a stable home somewhere.
01-02-2013 12:06 AM
stanman505 Offline
All American

The nBE with UTEP and SDSU makes a lot of sense. UTEP has a strong alumi base in LA/SD it is the third largest area outside of El Paso besides Dallas and Houston. This would give UTEP the ability to recruit both Texas and southern California. A basketball division with UTEP, SDSU and Memphis would be really good. The instability is a concern but I don't like what CUSA will become after 2013. I would be fine with the MWC as well but we need to be out of CUSA after 2013.
01-02-2013 12:29 AM
SApuro Offline
All American

I Root For: UTSA and USM
I wish UTEP best of luck. I am sure they will have attractive options and in the end wind up in MWC. Makes perfect sense geographically especially if they go with Texas teams to satisfy the alum.

Where is all this realignment conference money going? Conferences should be making money hand over fist with all the defections. Seems like the Universities with tighter budgets are taking it in the shorts. Having to pay exit fees and enterance fees is insane.
01-02-2013 07:24 AM
Pony94 Offline

I Root For: SMU
I am sure we will listen as the MWC has asked for a sit down with SMU, Houston, Tulsa and UTEP. My Houston connection has been pretty spot on throughout all of this.
01-02-2013 12:29 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.