Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

What CUSA should do now.....
Bookmark and Share
MUHERD76 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall Thundering Herd
What CUSA should do now.....
Do exactly what the MWC did by coming together and as a group telling the remaining Big East members 'No".

Enough is enough. If they have interest in "working together" in a way that the two conferences can work together and make good regional sense that that is fine. Other than that, No.

At this point, I don't see how any current school in CUSA would want to pay the big exit fees to join a group of schools that we've been playing the last several years. How stupid is that?

Come together, hold our ground. If we do that, that only option they have is Sunbelt or existing Mac schools. They can have that if they want.
(This post was last modified: 01-01-2013 12:08 PM by MUHERD76.)
01-01-2013 12:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
RE: What CUSA should do now.....
It DOES NOT MATTER...yeah, I was yelling....nobody, and I mean NOBODY, outside the 4/16 will give two shites in the end....we are what we are...I am actually growing to like what we have become....with the new playoff system (that will change also), I like our chances more now than before...IMHO
01-01-2013 12:27 PM
MUTeke Offline
All American

I Root For:
Merge C-USA and the remnants of the nBE, its the only logical step left. The MWC is putting together a pretty strong group, especially if they add Houston, SMU, UTEP and Tulsa.

Instead of worrying about humiliating defectors out of spite, or silly pride, we need to worry about countering the growing presence in the west. We(C-USA and nBE) can fight each other for the nMWC's scraps or challenge them together for TV dollars and playoff access.

With 20 members we would have a built in hedge against further realignment. If we lose Cincy and UConn we could stay at 18 and be fine.
01-01-2013 12:36 PM
MUHERD76 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall Thundering Herd
(01-01-2013 12:27 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  It DOES NOT MATTER...yeah, I was yelling....nobody, and I mean NOBODY, outside the 4/16 will give two shites in the end....we are what we are...I am actually growing to like what we have become....with the new playoff system (that will change also), I like our chances more now than before...IMHO

Exactly. Once the "Group of Five" agreement was put in place it simply didn't matter anymore. Same level of access.
01-01-2013 12:38 PM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
(01-01-2013 12:07 PM)MUHERD76 Wrote:  Do exactly what the MWC did by coming together and as a group telling the remaining Big East members 'No".

Enough is enough. If they have interest in "working together" in a way that the two conferences can work together and make good regional sense that that is fine. Other than that, No.

At this point, I don't see how any current school in CUSA would want to pay the big exit fees to join a group of schools that we've been playing the last several years. How stupid is that?

Come together, hold our ground. If we do that, that only option they have is Sunbelt or existing Mac schools. They can have that if they want.

Bingo!
01-01-2013 12:46 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GreenMississippi Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UAB / VCU
If we didn't jump the gun and invite FIU, FAU, La Tech, UNT, UTSA, and MTSU (6); we would have 8 schools and be in position to reabsorb the remnants of the Big East. We did not anticipate the collapse, and that in the end has turned C*USA into the Belt.
01-01-2013 12:47 PM
Advertisement

techdawg88 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
I don't know many CUSA schools that can afford to make a lateral move to nBE
01-01-2013 12:48 PM
blunderbuss Offline
Banned

I Root For: ECU & the CSA
(01-01-2013 12:47 PM)GreenMississippi Wrote:  If we didn't jump the gun and invite FIU, FAU, La Tech, UNT, UTSA, and MTSU (6); we would have 8 schools and be in position to reabsorb the remnants of the Big East. We did not anticipate the collapse, and that in the end has turned C*USA into the Belt.

And that's why there won't be any coming back to CUSA. I think those slots were quickly back filled out of spite and political reasons. The only sensible thing is for CUSA schools to join Temple, USF, UCF, Memphis, Tulane and ECU (and Cincy & UConn) while they're around. I don't even care if we have a championship game to be honest.
01-01-2013 12:49 PM
SgtGoldenEagle Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Southern Miss
I think my opinion here will be soundly rejected and truthfully I don't even care for it, but considering the way the structure of the playoffs has been laid out, maybe the answer for the smaller conferences is to go big. I don't know how big is too big, but at least 16 teams and maybe as big as 24 teams. We have to battle in a field of about 61 teams so if we absorb a large number that might give us a better chance and add to our getting a better tv deal. Like I said, I am not crazy about this either, but thought I would throw it for discussion.
01-01-2013 12:56 PM
pirateradio97 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: East Carolina
(01-01-2013 12:07 PM)MUHERD76 Wrote:  Do exactly what the MWC did by coming together and as a group telling the remaining Big East members 'No".

and Once again..if your AD Hamrick got the call..he would say yes in a heartbeat..Ask any of your fans..Would they rather play UCF, ECU, USF, Cincy etc then UTSA, North Texas, ot FIU..No disrespect to those schools..but Marshall is hurting in attendance right now..you need all the help you can get..I like Marshall, but to say you are in a better position then you were is not true
01-01-2013 12:57 PM
MinerInWisconsin Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UTEP, of course
(01-01-2013 12:49 PM)blunderbuss Wrote:  
(01-01-2013 12:47 PM)GreenMississippi Wrote:  If we didn't jump the gun and invite FIU, FAU, La Tech, UNT, UTSA, and MTSU (6); we would have 8 schools and be in position to reabsorb the remnants of the Big East. We did not anticipate the collapse, and that in the end has turned C*USA into the Belt.

And that's why there won't be any coming back to CUSA. I think those slots were quickly back filled out of spite and political reasons. The only sensible thing is for CUSA schools to join Temple, USF, UCF, Memphis, Tulane and ECU (and Cincy & UConn) while they're around. I don't even care if we have a championship game to be honest.

I can see why that group of schools looks good to you but it doesn't intrigue me very much. I don't mean to denigrate the group at all because there are both strong and weak programs in that group.

I really am liking the west C-USA group but that could change if Tulsa, Rice and USM are poached. If no further poaching is done, I like that group plus La Tech, UNT and UTSA just fine.
01-01-2013 01:01 PM
Advertisement

techdawg88 Offline
Heisman

in football, UTSA is a better option football wise right now than both Memphis and Tulane
01-01-2013 01:07 PM
BeagleUSM Offline
Thrillsville

USM will accept an invite IF offered IMO. Not a single Eagle fan wants to stay in this dump of a conference.
01-01-2013 01:09 PM
SgtGoldenEagle Offline
Special Teams

(01-01-2013 01:09 PM)Beagleagle23 Wrote:  USM will accept an invite IF offered IMO. Not a single Eagle fan wants to stay in this dump of a conference.

I have to take exception with " Not a single Eagle fan wants to stay in this dump of a conference." since I would be ok with staying as long as Marshall, La. Tech, and Tulsa are in it. I respect your opinion, but I have to say you are wrong to assign such a statement to ALL USM fans.
01-01-2013 01:13 PM
HerdZoned Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Herd

Folding@NCAAbbsCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
(01-01-2013 12:57 PM)pirateradio97 Wrote:  and Once again..if your AD Hamrick got the call..he would say yes in a heartbeat..Ask any of your fans..Would they rather play UCF, ECU, USF, Cincy etc then UTSA, North Texas, ot FIU..No disrespect to those schools..but Marshall is hurting in attendance right now..you need all the help you can get..I like Marshall, but to say you are in a better position then you were is not true

How are we hurting. We are in a working legal conference. If SMU and Houston go to the MWC and Cincy and UConn leave then you don't even have enough members to form a conference.

And I hope Dr Kopp and Mike Hamrick are smarter than to jump into a pile of manure, because thats what the "Blown Up Big East" is. You and the rest of your band of jokers can spin it the best way you want. But the gang of 6 schools could very well be up sh*t creek without a paddle.
01-01-2013 01:15 PM
techdawg88 Offline
Heisman

(01-01-2013 01:09 PM)Beagleagle23 Wrote:  USM will accept an invite IF offered IMO. Not a single Eagle fan wants to stay in this dump of a conference.

I didn't realize you speak for all USM fans. Did you get elected to this position or did you just put the honor upon yourself?
(This post was last modified: 01-01-2013 01:16 PM by techdawg88.)
01-01-2013 01:16 PM
Advertisement

blunderbuss Offline
Banned

I Root For: ECU & the CSA
(01-01-2013 01:01 PM)MinerInWisconsin Wrote:  
(01-01-2013 12:49 PM)blunderbuss Wrote:  

I can see why that group of schools looks good to you but it doesn't intrigue me very much. I don't mean to denigrate the group at all because there are both strong and weak programs in that group.

I really am liking the west C-USA group but that could change if Tulsa, Rice and USM are poached. If no further poaching is done, I like that group plus La Tech, UNT and UTSA just fine.

Fully understand but you're the far west outlier. UTEP makes a lot more sense in the MWC at this point, especially if SMU & Houston were to go there.
01-01-2013 01:19 PM
BeagleUSM Offline
Thrillsville

Sorry. But every usm fan I know would accept an invite to the nBE.
01-01-2013 01:19 PM
pirateradio97 Offline
2nd String

[quote='Beagleagle23' pid='8771405' dateline='1357064369']
Sorry. But every usm fan I know would accept an invite to the nBE.
[/quote

USM I believe will get the call soon
01-01-2013 01:24 PM
pirateradio97 Offline
2nd String

(01-01-2013 01:15 PM)HerdZoned Wrote:  
(01-01-2013 12:57 PM)pirateradio97 Wrote:  and Once again..if your AD Hamrick got the call..he would say yes in a heartbeat..Ask any of your fans..Would they rather play UCF, ECU, USF, Cincy etc then UTSA, North Texas, ot FIU..No disrespect to those schools..but Marshall is hurting in attendance right now..you need all the help you can get..I like Marshall, but to say you are in a better position then you were is not true

How are we hurting. We are in a working legal conference. If SMU and Houston go to the MWC and Cincy and UConn leave then you don't even have enough members to form a conference.

And I hope Dr Kopp and Mike Hamrick are smarter than to jump into a pile of manure, because thats what the "Blown Up Big East" is. You and the rest of your band of jokers can spin it the best way you want. But the gang of 6 schools could very well be up sh*t creek without a paddle.

Not spinning it..just telling the truth..remember ECU folks know how Hamrick operates..and you cant say that your attendance isnt hurting..
01-01-2013 01:25 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.