Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Jermaine Sanders channeling Bishop bonehead moment...
Bookmark and Share
Bearcatbdub Offline
Heisman

I Root For: The 'Cats! duh!
Jermaine Sanders channeling Bishop bonehead moment...
Allows a guy to get by him for a putback off a missed FT and then inbounds the ball to the other team. Singlehandedly tried to give the game to Pitt. Felt like I was watching that loss to St John's 4 years ago all over again

12-31-2012 02:20 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BearcatBeta Offline
All American

I Root For: $ in my mailbox
RE: Jermaine Sanders channeling Bishop bonehead moment...
I'm not sure putting Sanders on the inside to rebound was
a smart choice either,,i can't remember him ever in that responsibility.

12-31-2012 02:24 PM
BeerCat Offline
Terminally Chill

I Root For: Who's playin uk
(12-31-2012 02:24 PM)BearcatBeta Wrote:  I'm not sure putting Sanders on the inside to rebound was
a smart choice either,,i can't remember him ever in that responsibility.

I was thinking the exact same thing. Mick took David N. out after that dunk I assume because he wanted free throw shooters on the floor but it seemed odd and I hope it is not repeated.

12-31-2012 02:25 PM
bearcatfan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Bearcats!
Nyarsuk was playing great and on a roll, then Mick took him out. I thought it was odd.

12-31-2012 02:27 PM
BeerCat Offline
Terminally Chill

I Root For: Who's playin uk
(12-31-2012 02:27 PM)bearcatfan Wrote:  Nyarsuk was playing great and on a roll, then Mick took him out. I thought it was odd.

He did the exact same thing to Cash after he hit a 3, SK when he hit some FT's and Rubles when he made a big bucket. MC doesn't seem to be big on momentum. But what the hell it worked I guess.

12-31-2012 02:31 PM
mptnstr@44 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Nati Bearcats
Couldn't understand the substitution when Rubles and Nyarsuk were playing great.
Guess Mick wanted experience down the stretch rather than staying with the guys who were getting it done.
Glad it worked out ok but UC gave up a decent lead in a matter of seconds based on the fresh guys that came in.
It almost came back to bite them in the a$$.
Great road win after a horrible first half.

12-31-2012 02:44 PM
Advertisement

Bearcat_Bounce Offline
God Like Summoner

I Root For: Winners
I got that Mick wanted 5 guards for offense, but you can wait until after the second free throw...if it goes down you can sub if not call a TO.

12-31-2012 02:47 PM
BcatMatt13 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Bearcats
(12-31-2012 02:47 PM)Bearcat_Bounce Wrote:  I got that Mick wanted 5 guards for offense, but you can wait until after the second free throw...if it goes down you can sub if not call a TO.

I think Parker should have been down there over Sanders.

12-31-2012 02:48 PM
HattoriHanzo Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Cincinnati
(12-31-2012 02:31 PM)BeerCat Wrote:  
(12-31-2012 02:27 PM)bearcatfan Wrote:  Nyarsuk was playing great and on a roll, then Mick took him out. I thought it was odd.

He did the exact same thing to Cash after he hit a 3, SK when he hit some FT's and Rubles when he made a big bucket. MC doesn't seem to be big on momentum. But what the hell it worked I guess.

Glad I wasn't the only one that saw all that. Seemed like as soon as one of our guys got on a little roll, he was benched. Did like how Mick was giving the main guys that little extra break right before TV timeouts though. A combination of smart and strange that worked out in the end.

12-31-2012 04:13 PM
subflea Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Free Thinking

DonatorsFolding@NCAAbbsFolding@NCAAbbs

I think it may have been a conditioning issue with Nyarsuk as to why he got pulled. He had just expended a bunch of energy in the sequence before. I doubt if he has the ability to go for long stretches.

12-31-2012 04:17 PM
bearcatlawjd Offline
All American

I Root For: UC
(12-31-2012 04:17 PM)subflea Wrote:  

I think it may have been a conditioning issue with Nyarsuk as to why he got pulled. He had just expended a bunch of energy in the sequence before. I doubt if he has the ability to go for long stretches.

Guys looked tired was my guess.

12-31-2012 04:32 PM
Advertisement

Overrated Offline
All American

I Root For: UC

Momentum isn't real. Its a narrative created by humans that don't understand math.

To me (and I would love to hear Mick talk about it because I didn't agree with the decision either) it seemed like Mick wanted free throw shooters in the game. But off the top of my head Rubles and Jackson seem to be just as reliable from the stripe as Jermaine. He just doesn't get there enough and still seems to lack confidence.

Anyway, love an opportunity to show that momentum isn't real...

http://www.wired.com/playbook/2012/09/nfl-momentum/

01-01-2013 07:28 AM
beck Offline
All American

I Root For:
Momentum is real, intangible but real. Santa is real too, get over it.

01-01-2013 09:18 AM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
Momentum is real...ethereal but real

or at least it's perceived to be real...and preception IS reality to most

01-01-2013 09:19 AM
Bearcat04 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: The CATS
What drives me nuts about Jermaine is the lack of confidence on the court. How does an acclaimed player from NYC lack confidence??

Quote:Prior to Cincinnati: Named 2011 All-Manhattan Boys Basketball Player of the Year by the New York Post ... named first-team All-New York ... averaged a team-high 18.1 points for Rice High School, leading the team to the CHSAA Class 2A intersectional final
http://www.gobearcats.com/sports/m-baskb...ine00.html

If he'd just settle down and play I still think he becomes a double-digit scorer at some point in his UC career.

01-01-2013 01:30 PM
BearChatter v2.0 Offline
Rounding Third and headed...
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Da Bearcats!
(01-01-2013 01:30 PM)Bearcat04 Wrote:  What drives me nuts about Jermaine is the lack of confidence on the court. How does an acclaimed player from NYC lack confidence??

Quote:Prior to Cincinnati: Named 2011 All-Manhattan Boys Basketball Player of the Year by the New York Post ... named first-team All-New York ... averaged a team-high 18.1 points for Rice High School, leading the team to the CHSAA Class 2A intersectional final
http://www.gobearcats.com/sports/m-baskb...ine00.html

If he'd just settle down and play I still think he becomes a double-digit scorer at some point in his UC career.

I agree. I expected so much more out of Sanders based on his high school background achievements. And like you, I don't see the confidence I thought I would see from him.

01-01-2013 02:36 PM
Advertisement

icehole3 Offline
All American

I Root For:

Cash had nothing left, he signaled twice to the bench for a sub.

01-01-2013 05:36 PM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
will you guys get off Cronin's junk....he didn't press because he didn't think it was a good idea in this game; he subbed people because he felt subs needed to be made. good lord man

01-01-2013 07:25 PM
R03jsniper Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: UC and the Reds
After hearing nonstop praise this offseason about Sanders, I am thoroughly disappointed in his play. He is extremely slow and it seems he lacks athleticism and coordinated. One good thing about him is still his potential because of his smooth shot, which again still hasnt translated to game days. But I dont really see the comparison to Bishop. Although Bishop did make some bonehead mistakes, his athleticism and all around play is miles above what sanders has shown so far.

01-02-2013 02:47 PM
Bearcatbdub Offline
Heisman

I Root For: The 'Cats! duh!
I think we just need to give Sanders a chance. Even though he was from nYC, i don't remember him being highly recruited. Seemed like more of one of mick's under the rAdar types. Now he is buried on the depth chart behind Parker and Shaq.

But he is a big, strong guard who can shoot it a little bit and can bang down low. I hearken back to his great effort against Oklahoma last year when he played on the baseline in that zone and did a tremendous job rebounding and cleaning up garbage when Gaines was in foul trouble. I think he also had a really nice game against Texas in the tourney...

I expect him to emerge next year as a solid contributer off the bench.

01-02-2013 10:36 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.