WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Inspiring teacher
WMU_Flyboy Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: WMU
Inspiring teacher
Here's something a little bit brighter than is typically posted in the OT section. What a great story.

12-29-2012 01:34 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BCBronco Offline
All American

RE: Inspiring teacher
Thank you for sharing. Bout as real as it gets.
12-29-2012 08:02 AM
bostonbronco Offline
All American

I Root For:
Flyboy, this is one of the best posts.

Need for everyone to see from beginning to end.

Makes one value what they have and how we should all treat others.
12-29-2012 10:24 AM
Chipdip Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For:
The problem today is that every dope who ever went through the 12th grade thinks they can do what this guy does, because......well.........they watched teachers for 13 years and it looked easier than working on an assembly line.

Joe 6 pack has been convinced that while they're own kid's teacher is great, the rest of them are over paid, under worked, and not evaluated critically enough (the evaluation process is 10 times more rigorous than anything I had in the private sector).

My response to these uneducated morons..........."Well, why didn't you go to college, get a BS in Education, follow that up with a MA and become a teacher."
12-29-2012 10:30 AM
DesertBronco Offline
Banned

I Root For: 9 wins ASAP!!
I was thinking while watching "that's love". Then he said it.
12-29-2012 10:33 AM
DesertBronco Offline
Banned

(12-29-2012 10:30 AM)Chipdip Wrote:  The problem today is that every dope who ever went through the 12th grade thinks they can do what this guy does, because......well.........they watched teachers for 13 years and it looked easier than working on an assembly line.

Joe 6 pack has been convinced that while they're own kid's teacher is great, the rest of them are over paid, under worked, and not evaluated critically enough (the evaluation process is 10 times more rigorous than anything I had in the private sector).

My response to these uneducated morons..........."Well, why didn't you go to college, get a BS in Education, follow that up with a MA and become a teacher."

Dude! (Face palm)
12-29-2012 10:34 AM
Advertisement

Chipdip Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For:
Fact is teachers are not respected today, although I will say the parents of foreign students, and the parents of "solid, well behaved students" are very appreciative. If a kid is screwing up, many parents want to know what the teacher is doing wrong. We've become a society of enablers.

When we do a project in class I send home a detailed letter with the expectations and time frame on it. Inevitably, I get a half dozen kids who don't use their time wisely and want to have extended time. So I give it to them, and almost always hear from a parent about "Why didn't I know about this?"

1. Your child knew about it.
2. Your child had 3 or more hours of class time to work on it, didn't use that time wisely, and was keenly aware that it needed to get done.
3. Your child had a letter detailing the requirements as well as reminders in the news letter. Did you open his/her backpack?
Of course once it's put back on the child and the parent (and I show them some of the completed projects) then they want to jump on their kid, they plead for a few more days, and the enabling continues.

My neighbor teaches in the nursing program at KVCC. She sees the same thing there. PARENTS coming in to argue that their 20 year old child needs more time to finish a paper. The enabling doesn't stop in the 6th grade.

Politicians have done a great job of lumping every school into one pot, and saying, "Look, those math scores are not up to snuff." Not taking into account that Mattawan's math scores may be well above the state average, while Benton Harbors may be well below. Why is Mattawan being lumped in with Benton Harbor? We're not dealing with making engines from the same pool of parts. Some districts are using parts for a Rolls Royce and others are using parts from the junk yard to build their engines.

Politicians have used this form of class envy to eat at teachers wages and benefits. They've been masterful.
(This post was last modified: 12-29-2012 11:09 AM by Chipdip.)
12-29-2012 10:55 AM
Hiller4Hyz09 Offline
Bronco Addict

We appreciate you CD.
12-29-2012 11:19 AM
DesertBronco Offline
Banned

Miss the point much?

Nevertheless I appreciate teachers more than NFL football players.
12-29-2012 11:31 AM
Chipdip Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For:
Quote:Miss the point much?

Ahhh, there can only be one point.............unless of course you choose to make an alternate point, then another point is fine. If someone else does it, then you throw out platitudes and hope to be anointed the smartest guy in the room.
12-29-2012 01:06 PM
DesertBronco Offline
Banned

Only a self absorbed azz would try to make this about him.
12-29-2012 01:29 PM
Advertisement

Chipdip Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For:
(12-29-2012 01:29 PM)DesertBronco Wrote:  Only a self absorbed azz would try to make this about him.

It's about teachers in general moron. They're not respected.

Talk about the irony. You make every single thread on this board about you. Sometimes I wonder if there's anyone in your world that loves you other than yourself. :rolltide:
(This post was last modified: 12-29-2012 01:36 PM by Chipdip.)
12-29-2012 01:36 PM
DesertBronco Offline
Banned

Gee we aren't supposed to get that you are a teacher?

Get over yourself. You've gone and ruined another thread making it about you.
(This post was last modified: 12-29-2012 01:59 PM by DesertBronco.)
12-29-2012 01:58 PM
Chipdip Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For:
(12-29-2012 01:58 PM)DesertBronco Wrote:  Gee we aren't supposed to get that you are a teacher?

Get over yourself. You've gone and ruined another thread making it about you.

Lots of teachers here bub.

Quote:You've gone and ruined another thread making it about you.
^ Dude, you are the queen bee of injecting your brainless platitudes to destroy a thread. My point regards teachers, yours is simply another attempt to garner attention.

[Image: i-love-me.jpg]
12-29-2012 02:20 PM
DesertBronco Offline
Banned

Keep trying to deflect that YOU come across as a self absorbed tool here Dip. There are a lot of teachers here, and it was one who translated a video about a great man into a self serving irrelevant rant about teachers to prop himself up.
(This post was last modified: 12-29-2012 02:25 PM by DesertBronco.)
12-29-2012 02:24 PM
Chipdip Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For:
(12-29-2012 02:24 PM)DesertBronco Wrote:  Keep trying to deflect that YOU come across as a self absorbed tool here Dip. There are a lot of teachers here, and it was one who translated a video about a great man into a self serving irrelevant rant about teachers to prop himself up.

Not irrelevant. This guy is on a Ytube, a teacher who bangs a student is ALL OVER the national news, once again putting egg on the face of EVERY TEACHER. A principal makes an unpopular decision fearing litigation and it's all over the national news. For every Ytube of a great teacher, there's a 1000 times the media running teachers and schools down.

I guess it's okay for you to bag on CEO's and capitalism, but not okay for me to point out similar issues with teaching.....................as it might be off topic and LORD KNOWS YOU NEVER TAKE A THREAD OF TOPIC 03-lmfao03-lmfao
12-29-2012 02:36 PM
Advertisement

BrianPersky Offline
Banned

(12-29-2012 10:55 AM)Chipdip Wrote:  Fact is teachers are not respected today, although I will say the parents of foreign students, and the parents of "solid, well behaved students" are very appreciative. If a kid is screwing up, many parents want to know what the teacher is doing wrong. We've become a society of enablers.

+100
12-29-2012 02:58 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DesertBronco Offline
Banned

(12-29-2012 02:36 PM)Chipdip Wrote:  
(12-29-2012 02:24 PM)DesertBronco Wrote:  Keep trying to deflect that YOU come across as a self absorbed tool here Dip. There are a lot of teachers here, and it was one who translated a video about a great man into a self serving irrelevant rant about teachers to prop himself up.

Not irrelevant. This guy is on a Ytube, a teacher who bangs a student is ALL OVER the national news, once again putting egg on the face of EVERY TEACHER. A principal makes an unpopular decision fearing litigation and it's all over the national news. For every Ytube of a great teacher, there's a 1000 times the media running teachers and schools down.

I guess it's okay for you to bag on CEO's and capitalism, but not okay for me to point out similar issues with teaching.....................as it might be off topic and LORD KNOWS YOU NEVER TAKE A THREAD OF TOPIC 03-lmfao03-lmfao

Only you would make this an indictment on the wonders of teaching, this was about a wonderful man and father who happened to be a teacher.

You jump in and make it about YOU and YOUR PROFESSION, I'm sure you'll turn this into a discussion about your great wife, life, equity in your house and how much your son makes soon, just a matter of time.........03-yawn
12-29-2012 03:15 PM
MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

I Root For: Broncos
Really poignant video. Thanks for posting it, Flyboy.
12-29-2012 03:19 PM
Chipdip Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For:
Quote:Only you would make this an indictment on the wonders of teaching, this was about a wonderful man and father who happened to be a teacher.

You jump in and make it about YOU and YOUR PROFESSION, I'm sure you'll turn this into a discussion about your great wife, life, equity in your house and how much your son makes soon, just a matter of time.........03-yawn

Every post on this thread is about TEACHERS, except the ones by some azzclown who has to draw attention to himself.

DB Hissy fit: It's not EXACTLY about the very first post!!!!!! I'm calling him on this 25 times in a row until everyone understands I'm the center of the Broncostampede Universe. 03-cloud9 03-hissyfit

(This post was last modified: 12-29-2012 03:59 PM by Chipdip.)
12-29-2012 03:58 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.