Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Big East officiating SUCKS
CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Cincinnati
Big East officiating SUCKS
They're not letting UC play at all against Connecticut. They're ruining a potentially great game.
01-09-2006 07:43 PM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

I heard other Big East fans complain about the officiating, boy are they right! But it's still a competitive game. Now they're calling fouls on Connecticut. *Sigh*.
01-09-2006 07:47 PM
BugsyCT Offline
1st String

I Root For: UConn

Yep - Welcome to the Big East! ;-)
01-09-2006 07:59 PM
CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

BugsyCT Wrote:Yep - Welcome to the Big East! ;-)

lol

It's like, as soon as one team gets on a roll they kill that team's momentum with fouls.
01-09-2006 08:08 PM
Advertisement

kardphan Offline
1st String

I Root For:

CatsClaw Wrote:
BugsyCT Wrote:Yep - Welcome to the Big East! ;-)

lol

It's like, as soon as one team gets on a roll they kill that team's momentum with fouls.

Hey its bad in football and basketball, we've been on the wrong end of alot, but its life in the Beast.
01-10-2006 01:49 AM
SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCONN

BE officials can affect either team in the game. Cincy is a tough game, but UCONN is a very strong team who is picking up steam as Marcus Williams is adjusting. UCONN will be much, much better when Marcus Williams is back for real. I still cant freaking believe we lost to Marquette. Anyway, good luck to Cincy and time for next good game.
01-10-2006 05:01 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
kardphan Offline
1st String

I Root For:

SF Husky Wrote:BE officials can affect either team in the game. Cincy is a tough game, but UCONN is a very strong team who is picking up steam as Marcus Williams is adjusting. UCONN will be much, much better when Marcus Williams is back for real. I still cant freaking believe we lost to Marquette. Anyway, good luck to Cincy and time for next good game.

You are right husky, I've said UCONN has the most talent and I expect them to eventually win the league crown. They are finding there way like most teams are. I just hate when the officials either change the momentum in a game or dictate the pace of a game. That kills me, the big east is a physical league and I think the refs just need to let the big guys bang and the guards drive to the hoop without blowing a whistle every time. I mean call the obvious foul but all that ticky tack crap just slows the game down and makes it long. Anyways good win against cincy, you beat a team who is tough as nails and should be ranked much higher than what they were so thats a big win. As far as Marquette, the only thing I can tell you is they are just tough to beat in Milwaukee and if you go in there sleep walking they can torch you. You just have to take Novak out of the game, I mean they have more scorers but he is the main scoring threat, alot of the offense moves through him. Plus you guys have big guys I would of been pounding it in the post all day long against them. They are kinda like the mountaineers where you really don't want to play there style, sometimes you have to make the game ugly against teams like that, slow the tempo down and just gring it out. Thats a team where I wouldn't care if the game is in the 50's.
01-10-2006 05:18 AM
Advertisement

SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCONN

kardphan Wrote:
SF Husky Wrote:BE officials can affect either team in the game. Cincy is a tough game, but UCONN is a very strong team who is picking up steam as Marcus Williams is adjusting. UCONN will be much, much better when Marcus Williams is back for real. I still cant freaking believe we lost to Marquette. Anyway, good luck to Cincy and time for next good game.

You are right husky, I've said UCONN has the most talent and I expect them to eventually win the league crown. They are finding there way like most teams are. I just hate when the officials either change the momentum in a game or dictate the pace of a game. That kills me, the big east is a physical league and I think the refs just need to let the big guys bang and the guards drive to the hoop without blowing a whistle every time. I mean call the obvious foul but all that ticky tack crap just slows the game down and makes it long. Anyways good win against cincy, you beat a team who is tough as nails and should be ranked much higher than what they were so thats a big win. As far as Marquette, the only thing I can tell you is they are just tough to beat in Milwaukee and if you go in there sleep walking they can torch you. You just have to take Novak out of the game, I mean they have more scorers but he is the main scoring threat, alot of the offense moves through him. Plus you guys have big guys I would of been pounding it in the post all day long against them. They are kinda like the mountaineers where you really don't want to play there style, sometimes you have to make the game ugly against teams like that, slow the tempo down and just gring it out. Thats a team where I wouldn't care if the game is in the 50's.

I hope we get Marquette again in the BE tournament. Its like our BC game a couple of years ago, BC stole one against UCONN earlier and we went to their house and beat them by 40. UCONN's crappy DEC schedule really hurted the team. Also, UCONN has to adjust to Marcus Williams now that he is back. Anyway, should be a good game against the CARDS in a couple of weeks.
01-10-2006 06:01 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
kardphan Offline
1st String

I Root For:

SF Husky Wrote:
kardphan Wrote:

I hope we get Marquette again in the BE tournament. Its like our BC game a couple of years ago, BC stole one against UCONN earlier and we went to their house and beat them by 40. UCONN's crappy DEC schedule really hurted the team. Also, UCONN has to adjust to Marcus Williams now that he is back. Anyway, should be a good game against the CARDS in a couple of weeks.

If given the opportunity I'm sure you guys will be out for blood against the golden eagles. I'm definitly looking forward to 2 battles with the huskies. Our first test was against Nova but I seen improvement from our frosh. Pitt should be a test, but the real battle will be against the huskies and I'm certainly looking forward to see where we stack up with probably the most talented squad in the nation.
01-10-2006 06:18 AM
Bearcat T Offline
All American

I Root For:

Unreal calls against White the fourth foul and the out of bounds call off the UCONN leg. Of course three's followed lamost after every bad call. This game deserved to be a one or two possession game. I thought the refs sucked in CUSA this is unbelievable! At least the National TV said both were terrible. When will someone come to their senses and make officials accountable for this total lack of integrity and competence in all sports. When will they have to make post game comments on these serious blunders. UCONN is a great team but the Cats deserved much better. The injury thing and Cincy sports is like a JINX!
01-10-2006 08:42 AM
Advertisement

Shannon Panther Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Pitt

Donators

Were the dynamic duo of dumb@$$es Jim Burr and Tim Higgins calling the game? If so or either one, I know why you're pi$$ed. They are God awful.
01-10-2006 01:51 PM
UCBearcat4ever Offline
All American

I Root For: Bearcats

Shannon Panther Wrote:Were the dynamic duo of dumb@$$es Jim Burr and Tim Higgins calling the game? If so or either one, I know why you're pi$$ed. They are God awful.

Refs were Jim Burr, Pat Driscoll, Karl Hess
01-10-2006 01:59 PM
Shannon Panther Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Pitt

Donators

I knew one of those two were there just based on the description of the calls.
01-10-2006 02:00 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.