Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Where are the Trolls?
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
Where are the Trolls?
Six teams in the Top 25 with Cincy at #26.... this means on quarter of the top 26 teams in the nation are in the BIG EAST!!!!

Hmmm....funny, I don't see any CUSA or MWC people on here flapping their gums......... 02-13-banana
01-09-2006 02:19 PM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

3601 Offline
HoopDreams' Daddy

I Root For: Omar Sneed
Re: Where are the Trolls?
Bearcats#1 Wrote:Six teams in the Top 25 with Cincy at #26.... this means on quarter of the top 26 teams in the nation are in the BIG EAST!!!!

Hmmm....funny, I don't see any CUSA or MWC people on here flapping their gums......... 02-13-banana

Why do you want to start stuff?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=253372132
01-09-2006 02:22 PM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

That's just it.....there is nothing to start...what could a cusa/mwc person come on here and say? NOTHING....so not worried about it....
01-09-2006 02:37 PM
Advertisement

BlazinHeat Offline
Banned

I Root For:
Re: Where are the Trolls?
Bearcats#1 Wrote:Six teams in the Top 25 with Cincy at #26.... this means on quarter of the top 26 teams in the nation are in the BIG EAST!!!!

U don't want that. So don't ask for it. Let it stay peaceful over here.
01-09-2006 03:08 PM
3601 Offline
HoopDreams' Daddy

Bearcats#1 Wrote:That's just it.....there is nothing to start...what could a cusa/mwc person come on here and say? NOTHING....so not worried about it....

Memphis 91
Cincinnati 81
01-09-2006 03:23 PM
Advertisement

Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

3601 Wrote:
Bearcats#1 Wrote:That's just it.....there is nothing to start...what could a cusa/mwc person come on here and say? NOTHING....so not worried about it....

Memphis 91
Cincinnati 81

Hey...every blind squirrel finds an acorn once in a while.....first time you beat us at the Shoe in 10 years.......good job.

but really....does this game prove anything in light of the Big East vs. CUSA this year? Naw...I didn't think so....hey maybe if you guys try real hard you can move your Conference RPI from #19 to the top ten by years end....good luck with that.
01-09-2006 03:31 PM
3601 Offline
HoopDreams' Daddy

Bearcats#1 Wrote:
3601 Wrote:

Memphis 91
Cincinnati 81

Hey...every blind squirrel finds an acorn once in a while.....first time you beat us at the Shoe in 10 years.......good job.

but really....does this game prove anything in light of the Big East vs. CUSA this year? Naw...I didn't think so....hey maybe if you guys try real hard you can move your Conference RPI from #19 to the top ten by years end....good luck with that.

Bearcat, college basketball is an ever changing game. UCLA and Kentucky once dominated the landscape. Houston, Georgetown and UNLV have all been powerhouses. Look at them now.

Cincinnati was a powerhouse with Oscar Robertson in the late 1950's and was doormat of the Metro in the 1980's.

Cincinnati's stock is falling while Memphis is on the rise. Huggins had a great run at Cincy, but only one Final Four to show for it. I think Cincy's better days are behind them while Memphis basketball is going to be a top 10 program for years to come.

Regarinding conference RPI, who cares? That's like a Vanderbilt football fan crowing about the RPI of the SEC. Memphis is like Gonzaga now, UMass under Calapari and UNLV under Tarkanian. Our confernce might not be the toughest, but we'll still beat you and we expect to make runs in March.

There is no doubt that the Big East is a much better basketball league than C-USA this year. Likewise, there is no doubt that Memphis has a much better basketball team that Cincinnati this year.

See you in March!
01-09-2006 03:49 PM
Advertisement

Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

3601 Wrote:
Bearcats#1 Wrote:
3601 Wrote:

Memphis 91
Cincinnati 81

Bearcat, college basketball is an ever changing game. UCLA and Kentucky once dominated the landscape. Houston, Georgetown and UNLV have all been powerhouses. Look at them now.

Cincinnati was a powerhouse with Oscar Robertson in the late 1950's and was doormat of the Metro in the 1980's.

Cincinnati's stock is falling while Memphis is on the rise. Huggins had a great run at Cincy, but only one Final Four to show for it. I think Cincy's better days are behind them while Memphis basketball is going to be a top 10 program for years to come.

Regarinding conference RPI, who cares? That's like a Vanderbilt football fan crowing about the RPI of the SEC. Memphis is like Gonzaga now, UMass under Calapari and UNLV under Tarkanian. Our confernce might not be the toughest, but we'll still beat you and we expect to make runs in March.

There is no doubt that the Big East is a much better basketball league than C-USA this year. Likewise, there is no doubt that Memphis has a much better basketball team that Cincinnati this year.

See you in March!

Actually....to be precise....

UC was a power with Robertson in the 50's
They won their two national titles (loosing in OT in their third straight) in the 60's
The Cats had a few good teams (top 10) in the 70's
They sucked in the 80's
They are one of the winningest basketball programs in the last 15 years...90's/2000's
And are going for their 15th straight NCAA....

there...that's more accurate....UC is and has been much more than "Robertson in the 50's"

And anyway...I hope Memphis does well...I usually root for them. You need to get out of CUSA however because the conf. sucks...hopefully you will get into the BE in the next five years or so....
01-09-2006 03:53 PM
3601 Offline
HoopDreams' Daddy

Bearcats#1 Wrote:
3601 Wrote:
Bearcats#1 Wrote:
3601 Wrote:

Memphis 91
Cincinnati 81

See you in March!

They won their two national titles (loosing in OT in their third straight) in the 60's
They sucked in the 80's
They are one of the winningest basketball programs in the last 15 years...90's/2000's

there...that's more accurate....UC is and has been much more than "Robertson in the 50's"

And anyway...I hope Memphis does well...I usually root for them. You need to get out of CUSA however because the conf. sucks...hopefully you will get into the BE in the next five years or so....

I'm rooting for the Bearcats the rest of the way. The more you win, the more it helps our RPI. And as you pointed out, we need RPI help with our confernce schedule.

Cincinnati basketball has a rich tradition. I think it will be harder for Cincy in the new Big East simply because it's a real tough league and the Huggins bad timing. Good luck.
01-09-2006 04:26 PM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

3601 Wrote:
Bearcats#1 Wrote:
3601 Wrote:
Bearcats#1 Wrote:
3601 Wrote:

Memphis 91
Cincinnati 81

See you in March!

They sucked in the 80's

I'm rooting for the Bearcats the rest of the way. The more you win, the more it helps our RPI. And as you pointed out, we need RPI help with our confernce schedule.

Cincinnati basketball has a rich tradition. I think it will be harder for Cincy in the new Big East simply because it's a real tough league and the Huggins bad timing. Good luck.

Agreed...BE will be tough each game.....and yes...the Huggs timing was poor at best.......

Memphis would go well in an all sports league with the current 8 BE football schools....and.....just about all of us are ranked in BB right now as well!! That would be a great conference.....we'll see...
01-09-2006 06:12 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.