Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First qtr observations
gobaseline Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
First qtr observations
Front court is playing above where it was expected.
Back court starters are playing below what was expected.
Bench has been getter more solid. Nothing spectacular.

At this juncture I do the following:

Trade P's. Perry gets 25+ mpg and Brandon 20 or less.

Play Austin and Klein together and try to get Austin scoring some more. His playmaking has been fine. I like Klein taking the opportunities presented without hesitation to put the rock in the bucket. AR needs to do the same.

Nate's streakiness is no surprise. But he can't be firing 11 blanks out of 12 attempts and keep squeezing the trigger. Either assist others, swing to the other side or Hawk needs to sit him some. He's a senior. Rather have consistency then meteoric swings.

Shayne took advantage of a big slow kid the other night. When they came at him with a quicker yet long athlete he didnt back away.
That's Gold.

Guard play is the difference maker but post play is the equalizer.

WMU needs to leverage Shayne and Darius and work in those at the perimeter who arent going to get beat off the bounce and who can blend in but also finish.

As earlier, Perry gets 25+ splitting between 2 and 3. He doesnt start. He finishes. Tava keeps getting his 15+ mpg and depending on how he's defending he gets more or less. I would like him (Duquense game) not reverse the ball standing at in the FT circle but fake that pass and either nail that shot or fake it and drive it. He's strong enough to finish and deft enough to dish. All good.

My observation on Harris and Avery.

The III needs to shoot less quickly coming in off the bench and let the game come to him some. Great athleticism. Use it. O board put backs, transition and off the steal. Break a sweat and then pull the trigger.

AJ just needs minutes. Not sure they are available. Whit and Darius are playing well. They need blows but you would like them out there. I know Hawk is going with Loney and I'm fine with that to an extent. He isnt a difference maker and when his out there I see no other either. So I would lean to getting AJ those minutes and get him some reps. I can see using 3 out and two in with Loney/Tava and Avery inside with some step outs and Darius at the high post and some diving to the block. DP with Klein and Richie or Pokely or Perry space the floor enough that you can go with two garbage types in AJ and Dan
12-20-2012 11:09 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MRBUTTONS Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: W.M.U.
RE: First qtr observations
02-13-banana
(12-20-2012 11:09 PM)gobaseline Wrote:  Front court is playing above where it was expected.
Back court starters are playing below what was expected.
Bench has been getter more solid. Nothing spectacular.

At this juncture I do the following:

Trade P's. Perry gets 25+ mpg and Brandon 20 or less.

Play Austin and Klein together and try to get Austin scoring some more. His playmaking has been fine. I like Klein taking the opportunities presented without hesitation to put the rock in the bucket. AR needs to do the same.

Nate's streakiness is no surprise. But he can't be firing 11 blanks out of 12 attempts and keep squeezing the trigger. Either assist others, swing to the other side or Hawk needs to sit him some. He's a senior. Rather have consistency then meteoric swings.

Shayne took advantage of a big slow kid the other night. When they came at him with a quicker yet long athlete he didnt back away.
That's Gold.

Guard play is the difference maker but post play is the equalizer.

WMU needs to leverage Shayne and Darius and work in those at the perimeter who arent going to get beat off the bounce and who can blend in but also finish.

As earlier, Perry gets 25+ splitting between 2 and 3. He doesnt start. He finishes. Tava keeps getting his 15+ mpg and depending on how he's defending he gets more or less. I would like him (Duquense game) not reverse the ball standing at in the FT circle but fake that pass and either nail that shot or fake it and drive it. He's strong enough to finish and deft enough to dish. All good.

My observation on Harris and Avery.

The III needs to shoot less quickly coming in off the bench and let the game come to him some. Great athleticism. Use it. O board put backs, transition and off the steal. Break a sweat and then pull the trigger.

AJ just needs minutes. Not sure they are available. Whit and Darius are playing well. They need blows but you would like them out there. I know Hawk is going with Loney and I'm fine with that to an extent. He isnt a difference maker and when his out there I see no other either. So I would lean to getting AJ those minutes and get him some reps. I can see using 3 out and two in with Loney/Tava and Avery inside with some step outs and Darius at the high post and some diving to the block. DP with Klein and Richie or Pokely or Perry space the floor enough that you can go with two garbage types in AJ and Dan
02-13-banana RIGHT ON. esp the first two. Let Klein and Austin play on the floor together. and PLEASE plat Pokley less.
12-21-2012 11:27 AM
BrianPersky Offline
Banned

I Root For: WMU
I don't understand the criticism on Pokley.

If anything, I'd argue he needs to be on the floor more.
12-21-2012 11:32 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
EA3 Offline
Heisman

(12-21-2012 11:32 AM)BrianPersky Wrote:  I don't understand the criticism on Pokley.

The problem is he isn't doing much offensively other than shooting 3's well.

Teams will continue to take that away from him/us. If he doesn't adjust, we will have a SG averaging 6 points per game and playing 30 mpg.

They need to run him off screens until they are blue in the face.
12-21-2012 11:43 AM
okgc Offline
Heisman

Pokley is getting minutes for the things he does besides shooting the ball..
12-21-2012 12:24 PM
Advertisement

BrianPersky Offline
Banned

(12-21-2012 12:24 PM)okgc Wrote:  Pokley is getting minutes for the things he does besides shooting the ball..

Exactly ^
12-21-2012 01:28 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DesertBronco Offline
Banned

I Root For: 9 wins ASAP!!
I don't think he gets his shot off fast enough to shoot off of curls/screens, and he needs to be set. He's awesome when he has a second to spot up, I'll give him that.
12-21-2012 01:30 PM
gobaseline Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(12-21-2012 11:32 AM)BrianPersky Wrote:  I don't understand the criticism on Pokley.

Maybe we agree.

What would you argue to justify more or the same minutes?
12-21-2012 05:11 PM
Hiller4Hyz09 Offline
Bronco Addict

(12-21-2012 11:32 AM)BrianPersky Wrote:  I don't understand the criticism on Pokely

He's not Perry!
12-21-2012 08:34 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.