Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

US Bank Arena
Bookmark and Share
natibcats22 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Cincinnati
US Bank Arena
I like playing the Shootout at US Bank Arena for UC. I think we had a huge home field advantage and always will. I'd rather have a home game every year then every other year. Plus we never have to step foot in Norwood Community College again lol. If it stays at US Bank Arena I think we will widen our gap vs Xavier as a basketball program. Everyone can see we are a much bigger program today and I love it. Keep it at US Bank Arena and XU will be nothing.

12-19-2012 09:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Bearcat_Bounce Offline
God Like Summoner

I Root For: Winners
RE: US Bank Arena
I agree, it went better than I thought it would (in terms of atmosphere). I think it should stay at US Bank Arena every year.

12-19-2012 09:37 PM
bearcatfan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Bearcats!
It looked good on tv.

12-19-2012 09:39 PM
Bearcatbdub Offline
Heisman

I Root For: The 'Cats! duh!
Im good with it.

12-19-2012 09:44 PM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
just got back from sports bar here in Missouri...game looked big time on tv. That arena looked great....

agree...keep it there.

12-19-2012 09:47 PM
natibcats22 Offline
Water Engineer

(12-19-2012 09:37 PM)Bearcat_Bounce Wrote:  I agree, it went better than I thought it would (in terms of atmosphere). I think it should stay at US Bank Arena every year.

Yeah I was also against it coming into it but it turned out great for UC. Xavier on the other hand will be trying to get it back on campus, so there not constantly playing a road game. You could tell Mick sees an opportunity to dominate X at US Bank also.

12-19-2012 09:53 PM
Advertisement

rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
I'm probably in the minority, but I love games there. Other than behind baskets, sightlines are great, the lighting is spectacular, oh, and UC flat out wins there.

Mick said on post game that it should be played there every year.

12-20-2012 05:58 AM
Marcus Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
I would never agree to going back to the home and home with Xavier if I'm UC. Keep it at US Bank or cancel the series. The reason the game was moved was because of those idiot college kids in the stands at Cintas.

(This post was last modified: 12-20-2012 06:51 AM by Marcus.)
12-20-2012 06:51 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
uccheese Offline
1st String

I Root For: Bearcats
I changed my mind last night at the game. I was against moving it, but I really enjoyed the downtown setup. Well done by UC, and the fans represented.

12-20-2012 07:08 AM
MickMack Offline
All American

I Root For: UC!
(12-20-2012 05:58 AM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  I'm probably in the minority, but I love games there. Other than behind baskets, sightlines are great, the lighting is spectacular, oh, and UC flat out wins there.

Mick said on post game that it should be played there every year.

I was behind the basket and it wasn't as bad as I expected. I enjoyed it down there. Great atmosphere.

12-20-2012 07:10 AM
natibcats22 Offline
Water Engineer

(12-20-2012 06:51 AM)Marcus Wrote:  I would never agree to going back to the home and home with Xavier if I'm UC. Keep it at US Bank or cancel the series. The reason the game was moved was because of those idiot college kids in the stands at Cintas.

Totally agree we had a huge home field advantage almost 70-30. I'd play the we'll never play in the Cintas Center again for the safety of our kids card. Either US Bank or 5/3rd. Home game forever.

12-20-2012 07:27 AM
Advertisement

Bourgeois_Rage Away
That guy!

I Root For: UC & Bushmills
Folding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGDonatorsDonators
I don't know how it looks in the nosebleeds, but my seats were alright and we were along the sideline but past the end of the court. Not too bad. If the crowd is always that lopsided then I say go there every year. US Bank needs to figure out how to not make bottle necks outside the arena, however. Quite a mess walking away from the building. people walking on stacks of empty beer boxes with CPD sitting at tables on the otherside. A 15' wide area narrowed down to about 4'.

12-20-2012 07:46 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MickMack Offline
All American

I Root For: UC!
(12-20-2012 07:46 AM)Bourgeois_Rage Wrote:  I don't know how it looks in the nosebleeds, but my seats were alright and we were along the sideline but past the end of the court. Not too bad. If the crowd is always that lopsided then I say go there every year. US Bank needs to figure out how to not make bottle necks outside the arena, however. Quite a mess walking away from the building. people walking on stacks of empty beer boxes with CPD sitting at tables on the otherside. A 15' wide area narrowed down to about 4'.

That was the dumbest s*** ever.

12-20-2012 07:51 AM
apoe Offline
1st String

I Root For:
I think the game needs to be at US Bank or cancel it. The atmosphere was better than I expected. I do think the place is a dump. The only real advantage it has is the height between rows, much easier to see over the people in front of you.

Question for season ticket holders, were your seats at US Bank much worse than at 5th3rd? Somehow my row 19 seats turned into 8 rows from the top at US Bank. I get that everyone had the opportunity to buy extra tickets but those seats sucked.

12-20-2012 07:55 AM
JackieTreehorn Offline
Heisman

I Root For: The Bearcats
My seats were pretty good. Was a few rows behind our bench. I was dreading this game but was pleasantly surprised by the atmosphere, although I could see it fading in a few years after the newness of the neutral court idea wears off. Would still prefer the games to go back to home courts where they belong.
Best sight of the night was the "big head" of Mongo with his black eye in the UC student section. Disappeared after a few minutes. Guess someone didn't like it...

12-20-2012 08:02 AM
Murph29 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: humble people
(12-20-2012 07:46 AM)Bourgeois_Rage Wrote:  I don't know how it looks in the nosebleeds, but my seats were alright and we were along the sideline but past the end of the court. Not too bad. If the crowd is always that lopsided then I say go there every year. US Bank needs to figure out how to not make bottle necks outside the arena, however. Quite a mess walking away from the building. people walking on stacks of empty beer boxes with CPD sitting at tables on the otherside. A 15' wide area narrowed down to about 4'.

Couldn't believe it. Had to carry my six year old because he tripped on the garbage pile and almost got tampled. How a place that experienced a tragedy like the who concert would allow tht kind of bottle neck is really dumb.

I'm torn. The place is largely a dump. I was in a corner and the corners are way way removed from the floor. That said, mick was spot on that the hatred of the home games was largely diffused by having a really mixed crowd. It wasnt as intense but it was a tourney type atmosphere with the half and half crowd. So overall I liked it, just not crazy about that arena.

12-20-2012 08:05 AM
Advertisement

UCEE73 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Bearcats
(12-20-2012 07:55 AM)apoe Wrote:  The only real advantage it has is the height between rows, much easier to see over the people in front of you.

I agree!

The extra elevation between rows makes for much better sight lines for my wife than 5th/3rd. She's 4'12.5" 03-wink

12-20-2012 08:13 AM
bearcatlawjd Offline
All American

I Root For: UC
I don't like going downtown and think US Bank Arena needs work but I want to keep the game there. We get a semi-home game against every season. The seats are solid for the most part outside a few places.

UC's fans rocked last night. What about Xavier's fan base, sad really. The media probably overstated Xavier's support in the city. Once again X wasn't ready to be big time.

12-20-2012 08:15 AM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC

Same here, section 214 row B. For $32 really good seats. 35 feet to restroom or to grab a beer, no more than a minute wait. Lighting, sound system, comfy chairback seats, all good to go.

They should open more doors for entering the game.

12-20-2012 08:25 AM
QSECOFR Offline
Heisman

I Root For: CCM

As I was leaving last night, I saw about 4 or 5 fights amongst young guys who drank quite a bit of liquid courage. If they want to keep it at The Coliseum, security needs to be beefed up BIG TIME.

Also, advertisers have to work with a different marketing bunch for that game. IMG didn't do the marketing. That alone makes it difficult for advertisers who want to do events at the game.

12-20-2012 08:43 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.