RB Des Kitchings
TE/FB/ST Eddie Faulkner
WR Frisman Jackson
OL ????
DL Ryan Nielsen
LB ?????
DB/S Richard McNutt
DC Dave Huxtable

I know Robert Jones said McNutt, coach U, and other coach. So I'm guessing Coach U coaches OL and Kane to the LB.
(This post was last modified: 12-20-2012 03:53 PM by goniu1523.)
12-18-2012 12:07 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

HuskieJohn Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU
RE: Dave Doeren only has 3 position coaching spots left
I am hoping that he picks up some more of the coaches that were at Wisconsin in the last 3 years.
12-18-2012 09:18 AM
DogTracks Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
I don't see how Uremovich fits in on the NC State staff, unless there's something in his bio that I'm missing.
12-18-2012 09:43 AM
Stpetebeachrocketfan Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo
I am not saying that Dave Doeren is not a good coach. But he didnt win with his recruits and he clearly had two awesome QB's. It will be interesting to see if he can recruit and duplicate those same things at NC State. Those are both questions that will only be answered with time. He came into a very nice position at NIU.
12-18-2012 10:59 AM
Advertisement

cartershaw Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU, UT
(12-18-2012 10:59 AM)Stpetebeachrocketfan Wrote:  I am not saying that Dave Doeren is not a good coach. But he didnt win with his recruits and he clearly had two awesome QB's. It will be interesting to see if he can recruit and duplicate those same things at NC State. Those are both questions that will only be answered with time. He came into a very nice position at NIU.

He did win with recruits...no wonder you cheer for toledo, your clueless..

"I am not saying he didn't beat us twice, but it wasn't our fault"
12-18-2012 11:02 AM
NIU1981 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Peace & Equity
St. Pete is right about the QBs. Doeren was here two years and he had the league MVP at quarterback for both. Now that's good coaching. If you're going to be a good coach my advice is to have the best players. If he inherits Dan Nicholson and Ryan Morris he's probably not as good a coach.
12-18-2012 11:06 AM
cartershaw Offline
All American

The hallmark of a good coach is you adapt your system to the players you have..(not like RichRod and the failure at Michigan)..
12-18-2012 11:09 AM
Advertisement

BarsemaBone2 Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU, White Sox
(12-18-2012 11:06 AM)NIU1981 Wrote:  St. Pete is right about the QBs. Doeren was here two years and he had the league MVP at quarterback for both. Now that's good coaching. If you're going to be a good coach my advice is to have the best players. If he inherits Dan Nicholson and Ryan Morris he's probably not as good a coach.

True, but we'll never know because DD worked with what he had and won 2 MAC titles.

And from what little we've seen of the guys DD brought in (TLL, Ness, Conlon, Sebastiano, Brescacin, Marlon, Bishop, Meehan) I don't think we'll see a drop off at least through next year. Plus, we'll get to see guys like Miller, Mario Jones, and others that red-shirted this year.

The big year going forward will be 2014 after Lynch leaves because we'll be losing him, Daniels, Ward, and a lot of the D-Line after next year.
12-18-2012 11:19 AM
7 Offline
The Pride of the Midwest

(12-18-2012 09:43 AM)DogTracks Wrote:  I don't see how Uremovich fits in on the NC State staff, unless there's something in his bio that I'm missing.
Yeah, I'm honestly not sure where he fits in either. Hopefully Jones was wrong and he stays.
12-18-2012 12:02 PM
7 Offline
The Pride of the Midwest

(12-18-2012 11:06 AM)NIU1981 Wrote:  St. Pete is right about the QBs. Doeren was here two years and he had the league MVP at quarterback for both. Now that's good coaching. If you're going to be a good coach my advice is to have the best players. If he inherits Dan Nicholson and Ryan Morris he's probably not as good a coach.
Doeren's system took Harnish's numbers to the next level. He had nearly 1300 more total yards and 11 more total TDs than he did as a junior. Sure, if he inherits Nicholson and Morris he's not as good of a coach right away, but he would have got there eventually.
12-18-2012 12:08 PM
Advertisement

BarsemaBone2 Offline
All American

(12-18-2012 12:08 PM)7 Wrote:  
Doeren's system took Harnish's numbers to the next level. He had nearly 1300 more total yards and 11 more total TDs than he did as a junior. Sure, if he inherits Nicholson and Morris he's not as good of a coach right away, but he would have got there eventually.

He would've only had to deal with Nicholson and Morris for 1 year. Harnish came off his red-shirt the next year.
12-18-2012 12:09 PM
Stpetebeachrocketfan Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo
(12-18-2012 11:02 AM)cartershaw Wrote:  
(12-18-2012 10:59 AM)Stpetebeachrocketfan Wrote:  I am not saying that Dave Doeren is not a good coach. But he didnt win with his recruits and he clearly had two awesome QB's. It will be interesting to see if he can recruit and duplicate those same things at NC State. Those are both questions that will only be answered with time. He came into a very nice position at NIU.

I am not clueless, I watch NIU and I know the names of most of your players. He did not win with "his recruits" The main starters are not guys that he recruited. Are you ok buddy?
12-18-2012 04:40 PM
cartershaw Offline
All American

(12-18-2012 04:40 PM)Stpetebeachrocketfan Wrote:  
(12-18-2012 11:02 AM)cartershaw Wrote:  

I am not clueless, I watch NIU and I know the names of most of your players. He did not win with "his recruits" The main starters are not guys that he recruited. Are you ok buddy?
Seriously...we have done this before but here we go again..
DD recruits.. OL, DL, LB, RB...no not Jordan Lynch, but look at the Oline, DLine(JC transfers), RBs...
12-18-2012 05:27 PM
Advertisement

HuskieFan84 Offline
Heisman

Jerry Kill left a lot of holes. Carter, he's not an NIU fan, can't be surprised he doesn't know what he's talking about, it's not worth your time.
12-18-2012 05:36 PM
goniu1523 Offline
1st String

wow I think you are secretly a NIU fan. Step on over to the dark side
12-18-2012 08:08 PM
goniu1523 Offline
1st String

Doeren added Arkansas's strength and conditioning coach. So it looks like we get to keep ours.
12-20-2012 03:54 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.