Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

What Conf USA schools would be interested in joining the NBE if there was
Bookmark and Share
baruna falls Offline
All American

I Root For: ECU
an opening? From Aresco's comments in USA Today on Friday and UConn President yesterday stating they are committed to making the BE the best Conf possible as well as denying his school's intention of starting a new league as reported by Sportng News. If Aresco tried to rebrand the BE as the , best of the rest, do you think any Conf USA schools would accept an invite, or would they see no value in the BE and stay where they are? Thoughts?
12-15-2012 03:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Blazer4Life14 Offline
One of “Kent’s People”

I Root For: UAB, Pro Sports
This should end well.
12-15-2012 03:27 PM
BeliefBlazer Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: UAB

DonatorsDonators
RE: What Conf USA schools would be interested in joining the NBE if there was
Anyone would join. Any Belt team would join CUSA. Any BEast team would join the ACC. End of story, no argument needed.
12-15-2012 03:35 PM
ICB Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UAB
Don't know if schools are willing to pay 5 million+ to join this league today. Exit fees to entrance fees.
12-15-2012 03:39 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tampa Bay Tiger Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis
Uab's AD said they are committed to CUSA, so I doubt they would.
12-15-2012 03:45 PM
baruna falls Offline
All American

I Root For: ECU
I wonder if school Presidents would be under pressure not to take an invite based on the current instability of theNBE. I do think there will be a BE league. The question is would a school be willing to leave the relative security of Conf USA for a league that is chartering new ground
(This post was last modified: 12-15-2012 03:48 PM by baruna falls.)
12-15-2012 03:46 PM
Advertisement

Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

I Root For: Dragons

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
(12-15-2012 03:45 PM)Tampa Bay Tiger Wrote:  Uab's AD said they are committed to CUSA, so I doubt they would.

I'm pretty sure that was in response to some idiot writer asking if UAB would consider the Belt.

There are idiot writers in Alabama that think that if you're not an $EC school then there's no real difference and you should all be in the same conference for convenience.
(This post was last modified: 12-15-2012 03:53 PM by Smaug.)
12-15-2012 03:51 PM
Tampa Bay Tiger Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis
At this point leaving is a calculated risk for anyone. Couldn't blame any school if they didn't want to leave CUSA.
12-15-2012 03:54 PM
RUNVSFD MINER Offline
The voice in your head...See?

I Root For: UTEP
What if there ends up being a rift between those who want to start a league, and those who are still clinging to the BE name/conf?

If this means that the best of the rest would end up in 2 separate conferences, I can only hope they end up being Eastern-based and Western-based conferences.

OR.... At least stop making the most ridiculous argument ever known to college sports..... MARKETS!.... They mean nothing, and we are seeing that time and again.
(This post was last modified: 12-15-2012 03:58 PM by RUNVSFD MINER.)
12-15-2012 03:57 PM
techdawg88 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
That depends on how much the entrance fee to this "new" conference would be. I'd say Tech could be interested if USM & Tulsa were going otherwise it's a lateral move
12-15-2012 04:00 PM
49erlew Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Charlotte
The Big East is about the last place that I want Charlotte right now.

That being said, I would still jump at the chance for three reasons: ECU, Cincinnati, and Memphis. Ever since the shakeup in 2005, when we fell into the A10, all I really wanted for Charlotte athletics was to end up with the old foes.

I don't care what conference it is. I don't care if it is a step up, a step down, or the same as Conference USA. I just want to be back with that group.

Had we not dragged our feet into the new millenium on football, I really think we'd be there today. Football notwithstanding, we belong with that group... and that's where I want us to be.
12-15-2012 04:39 PM
Advertisement

techdawg88 Offline
Heisman

(12-15-2012 04:39 PM)49erlew Wrote:  The Big East is about the last place that I want Charlotte right now.

That being said, I would still jump at the chance for three reasons: ECU, Cincinnati, and Memphis. Ever since the shakeup in 2005, when we fell into the A10, all I really wanted for Charlotte athletics was to end up with the old foes.

I don't care what conference it is. I don't care if it is a step up, a step down, or the same as Conference USA. I just want to be back with that group.

Had we not dragged our feet into the new millenium on football, I really think we'd be there today. Football notwithstanding, we belong with that group... and that's where I want us to be.

Cincy won't be in the BE much longer same with UCONN
12-15-2012 04:42 PM
Bleeds_Purple Offline
All American

I Root For: East Carolina!
All of them. The only one I want is USM
12-15-2012 04:43 PM
49erlew Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Charlotte
(12-15-2012 04:42 PM)techdawg88 Wrote:  
(12-15-2012 04:39 PM)49erlew Wrote:  The Big East is about the last place that I want Charlotte right now.

Cincy won't be in the BE much longer same with UCONN

You don't think I understand that?

Doesn't change anything. Louisville is gone. Cincy likely will be. Doesn't change the fact that I would rather be with the schools that we made our best memories with... as many of them as possible.

It's got nothing to do with MTSU, La Tech, UTEP, any of them. Personally, I'd much rather ECU, Memphis, and Cincy find their way back to C-USA... but I highly doubt that happens.
12-15-2012 04:55 PM
EagleX Offline
Wake me when the suck is over

I Root For: Southern Miss
After painfully watching the bottomless contempt shown by the "high and mighty" big east for fine institutions like ecu and tulane, I would rather join the sunbelt than those pretentious bastards.

honestly, I would.
(This post was last modified: 12-15-2012 05:13 PM by EagleX.)
12-15-2012 05:02 PM
techdawg88 Offline
Heisman

(12-15-2012 05:02 PM)EagleX Wrote:  After painfully watching the bottomless contempt shown by the "high and mighty" big east for fine institutions like ecu and tulane, I would rather join the sunbelt than those pretentious bastards.

honestly, I would.

As good as Memphis is at basketball, I don't know if they would even be worth it as far as football goes since that is what's driving this realignment same goes with Tulane except they're good in baseball
12-15-2012 05:16 PM
Advertisement

SgtGoldenEagle Offline
Special Teams

Honestly as a long time fan and alum of Southern Miss, I really would rather stay C-USA and away from the Big East. I would like to see ECU come back but the others I can take or leave.
12-15-2012 05:26 PM
monarchman Offline
1st String

I Root For: Old Dominion
I actually would not want to see ODU in this. (1) I'd want to see if its around in a few years, with an actual TV deal that would make it financially worth while (2) We are committed to CUSA and paying entrance/exit fees just does not seem worth it. (3) It would also depend on how our Olympic sports match-up, the last thing we need is to find more associate memberships.

Contrary to what you may see on these boards at times, I think some schools will really have some pause for what is very likely going to be a lateral move.
12-15-2012 05:28 PM
EagleX Offline
Wake me when the suck is over

(12-15-2012 05:16 PM)techdawg88 Wrote:  
(12-15-2012 05:02 PM)EagleX Wrote:  After painfully watching the bottomless contempt shown by the "high and mighty" big east for fine institutions like ecu and tulane, I would rather join the sunbelt than those pretentious bastards.

honestly, I would.

As good as Memphis is at basketball, I don't know if they would even be worth it as far as football goes since that is what's driving this realignment same goes with Tulane except they're good in baseball

I disagree to the extent that I believe basic dishonesty is what is driving this realignment, and 99% of it is being perpetrated by the big east itself.

first, they floated out the promise of an AQ bid that they knew for a fact was going away. The next apple they offered to those willing to defect was the promise of an enormous tv windfall, knowing full well that backfilling the vacant football slots was absolutely going to drive away the bb schools, and the whole thing was going to collapse. They just wanted to tempt as many schools into the impending disaster as possible, as quickly as possible, simply on the twisted hope that a bigger debacle would be more likely to get favorable consideration than a smaller one.

the big east's behavior has been reprehensible throughout this entire self-created, self-centered nightmare. That organization is morally and ethically vile; it's commissioner should be horse whipped.

what I don't understand is why those that have been caught up in this web of lies refuse to see it for what it is.
12-15-2012 05:30 PM
SgtGoldenEagle Offline
Special Teams

(12-15-2012 05:30 PM)EagleX Wrote:  
(12-15-2012 05:16 PM)techdawg88 Wrote:  

honestly, I would.

I disagree to the extent that I believe basic dishonesty is what is driving this realignment, and 99% of it is being perpetrated by the big east itself.

first, they floated out the promise of an AQ bid that they knew for a fact was going away. The next apple they offered to those willing to defect was the promise of an enormous tv windfall, knowing full well that backfilling the vacant football slots was absolutely going to drive away the bb schools, and the whole thing was going to collapse. They just wanted to tempt as many schools into the impending disaster as possible, as quickly as possible, simply on the twisted hope that a bigger debacle would be more likely to get favorable consideration than a smaller one.

the big east's behavior has been reprehensible throughout this entire self-created, self-centered nightmare. That organization is morally and ethically vile; it's commissioner should be horse whipped.

what I don't understand is why those that have been caught up in this web of lies refuse to see it for what it is.

makes me glad we never got invited. For once our small small tv market did us a favor it looks like.
12-15-2012 05:34 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.