Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

NBE leftovers will form a new conference
Bookmark and Share
mwp1023 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: ECU
Who wants in and who gets left behind with the sunbelt 4 + UTSA/UAB?
12-13-2012 01:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

PurpleReigns Offline
I AM...PURPLE AND GOLD!

RE: NBE leftovers will form a new conference
Was this post needed? Like really? Stay classy or GTFO
12-13-2012 01:09 PM
shiftyeagle Offline
Deus Vult

I Root For: Southern Miss
We'll stay, thanks. Jumping the gun really bit all y'all in the ass. Don't want to see it happen to us.
12-13-2012 01:12 PM
eagleriffic Offline
King of the Wicker People!

I Root For: Southern Miss
Im sure the WAC or belt will offer the nBE teams a spot.
12-13-2012 01:14 PM
blazers9911 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB
Survivor Runner-up
And people wonder why I hate ECU so much...
MUHERD76 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall Thundering Herd
I could be wrong but I really don't see a new conference forming. No TV deal, no bowl affiliations. Also have to remember that the NCAA will not grant an auto-bid in basketball for 6 years on new conferences. Not to mention that the "Group of five" contractually is already in place. Would a new conference automatically be included in the "Group of five"? I dunno.

This thing could go so many different directions. Its really hard to tell what will happen with all of this.
Advertisement

BamaScorpio69 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Non-AQs
(12-13-2012 01:14 PM)blazers9911 Wrote:  And people wonder why I hate ECU so much...

Don't let one poster determine a whole fan base dude.
12-13-2012 01:17 PM
Niner National Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
I believe in the past the NCAA has said it will not be giving out any more auto bids.

I'm sure existing conferences will take issue with adding an additional auto bid as well as it will mean one less at-large bid is available.

Forming a new conference may not be possible.
12-13-2012 01:23 PM
cotton1991 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis
(12-13-2012 01:14 PM)MUHERD76 Wrote:  I could be wrong but I really don't see a new conference forming. No TV deal, no bowl affiliations. Also have to remember that the NCAA will not grant an auto-bid in basketball for 6 years on new conferences. Not to mention that the "Group of five" contractually is already in place. Would a new conference automatically be included in the "Group of five"? I dunno.

This thing could go so many different directions. Its really hard to tell what will happen with all of this.

If the new league is:

SMU
Memphis
USF
UConn
UCF
Temple
Cincy
USM
Houston
ECU

I think it will do fine TV-wise, and won't need an auto bid to routinely get a rock bottom minimum of 2 bids, assuming the NCAA doesn't waive it in this case. TV rights for football would be up for bids. Bowls? who knows, but the Liberty at least.
12-13-2012 01:24 PM
rook360 Offline
All American

(12-13-2012 01:17 PM)BamaScorpio69 Wrote:  
(12-13-2012 01:14 PM)blazers9911 Wrote:  And people wonder why I hate ECU so much...

Too Late!!

Stay clASSy pirates
12-13-2012 01:25 PM
blazers9911 Offline
Hall of Famer

Survivor Runner-up

It isn't one poster. I could deal with one poster. I think even the most level headed poster on here would admit they have a bunch of ****** fans on here.
12-13-2012 01:31 PM
Advertisement

TheNorthTexan Offline
2nd String

I Root For: North Texas
There will be no new conference. They don't have 5 members to let them form a new conference, they will get no bowl tie-ins, (SBC and CUSA will eat all the tie-ins) and there is no logical reason to give them any TV dollars, when it isn't even a regional conference, more like the NCAA Minor Leagues. CUSA, MWC and SBC have regionalisy going, that's how they get TV money. A country wide B conference will get no money. Plus, NCAA clearly said no new auto bids. It's over. Come back, or start a rivalry with Idaho.
12-13-2012 01:31 PM
EagleRockCafe Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Eagles
ECU and Memphis begged, pleaded, got on their knees to do whatever it took to get to the BE. Now look at what begging got you.
(This post was last modified: 12-13-2012 01:33 PM by EagleRockCafe.)
12-13-2012 01:32 PM
slow-runner Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UTSA
(12-13-2012 01:14 PM)MUHERD76 Wrote:  I could be wrong but I really don't see a new conference forming. No TV deal, no bowl affiliations. Also have to remember that the NCAA will not grant an auto-bid in basketball for 6 years on new conferences. Not to mention that the "Group of five" contractually is already in place. Would a new conference automatically be included in the "Group of five"? I dunno.

I really don't see what the big deal is. The C7 will take the BE name and the NCAA will make an exception for the other nBE BBall programs somehow, some way.

The BE FBS programs will still have a league and take the Football TV deals and bowl tie-ins with them to whatever new name they wish.

The football TV contracts and bball contracts are all negotiated separately. Since it's very well split between the sports it should be pretty easy to create a true nBE.

The nBE bball programs will have to find a home or create one. But that's just a momentary issue. A new nBE all sports league will most likely be created. The number if FBS conferences will remain the same.

Nothing changes except the nBE bball and c7 bball split.

The NCAA will cave regarding auto-bids because this is such a significant event. They always do.
12-13-2012 01:32 PM
TheNorthTexan Offline
2nd String

Tulsa and UTEP will stay now, and the new schools have no leverage to get USM or Marshall to join them. I will love seeing ECU and SMU flounder.
12-13-2012 01:33 PM
nomad2u2001 Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-13-2012 01:31 PM)blazers9911 Wrote:  

It isn't one poster. I could deal with one poster. I think even the most level headed poster on here would admit they have a bunch of ****** fans on here.

We love you too.
12-13-2012 01:34 PM
Advertisement

cotton1991 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis
(12-13-2012 01:31 PM)TheNorthTexan Wrote:  There will be no new conference. They don't have 5 members to let them form a new conference, they will get no bowl tie-ins, (SBC and CUSA will eat all the tie-ins) and there is no logical reason to give them any TV dollars, when it isn't even a regional conference, more like the NCAA Minor Leagues. CUSA, MWC and SBC have regionalisy going, that's how they get TV money. A country wide B conference will get no money. Plus, NCAA clearly said no new auto bids. It's over. Come back, or start a rivalry with Idaho.

The football schools are:

SMU
Memphis
Cincy
UConn
Houston
ECU
USF
UCF
Temple

That's 9. USM would jump in a heartbeat to make it 10. Sounds ok to me.
12-13-2012 01:34 PM
JustAnotherAustinOwl Offline
1st String

I Root For: Rice Owls
If the basketball schools *dissolve* the league, which is what is being suggested, then the leftovers don't have a conference. If they leave, and the leftovers are still in the "Big East" that's a big difference.
12-13-2012 01:35 PM
nomad2u2001 Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-13-2012 01:34 PM)cotton1991 Wrote:  
(12-13-2012 01:31 PM)TheNorthTexan Wrote:  There will be no new conference. They don't have 5 members to let them form a new conference, they will get no bowl tie-ins, (SBC and CUSA will eat all the tie-ins) and there is no logical reason to give them any TV dollars, when it isn't even a regional conference, more like the NCAA Minor Leagues. CUSA, MWC and SBC have regionalisy going, that's how they get TV money. A country wide B conference will get no money. Plus, NCAA clearly said no new auto bids. It's over. Come back, or start a rivalry with Idaho.

SMU
Memphis
Cincy
UConn
Houston
ECU
USF
UCF
Temple

I wouldn't speak for USM. There's not much in that list that makes it better than CUSA.
12-13-2012 01:37 PM
TheNorthTexan Offline
2nd String

(12-13-2012 01:34 PM)cotton1991 Wrote:  

SMU
Memphis
Cincy
UConn
Houston
ECU
USF
UCF
Temple

Incorrect. You won't get a good TV contract because your names have been drug through the mud, no regionality. The reason CUSA got a good contract is because there were a lot of smaller, regional yet strong college teams close, which allowed FSN to televise them. Now, the new TV deal is based off a nationwide conference with B and C squads. It'd be like giving AAA baseball an ESPN contract. Clearly don't know much about TV and marketing. That's my major, so, LOL!

The league will dissolve but if it doesn't, the new contract will be amended since the original players are not there and the contract is not new or locked in yet. No bowl bids, and no autobids for the nBE.

Schools like SMU and ECU that can't swallow their pride will return, but UH and Memphis's return will force their hand.
(This post was last modified: 12-13-2012 01:39 PM by TheNorthTexan.)
12-13-2012 01:37 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.