Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Big East BB Schools To Announce Whether They Stay or Leave In A Couple of Days.
cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: Syracuse

Donators
Big East BB Schools To Announce Whether They Stay or Leave In A Couple of Days.
Not Looking Good for the Future BE without the bb schools

Link

The following quote is quite funny to me:

UConn president Susan Herbst has contacted officials from the non-FBS Big East members, pleading with them to stay in the league, sources told ESPN.

Ironically, Herbst, along with Cincinnati and South Florida officials, heavily lobbied to get out of the Big East and join the ACC when the league had to replace Maryland.

In other words, she wants the basketball schools to stay just long enough until Uconn finds a new home, lol. She has no credibility left, none.
(This post was last modified: 12-13-2012 08:34 AM by cuseroc.)
12-13-2012 08:31 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

wildthing202 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: ND & BC
RE: Big East BB Schools To Announce Whether They Stay or Leave In A Couple of Days.
What future BE? If they dissolve there is no Big East and everyone is an Indy. The FB misfits will either have to make their own conference or be scattered among the rest of the other conferences.

I like the idea of sending teams as such

Temple, UConn, Cincy to the MAC
Houston, Boise St. San Diego St. SMU to MWC plus Tulsa & UTEP from C-USA
UCF, Memphis, Tulane, ECU, USF back to C-USA
Navy back to Indy

Then each conference would have 16 teams and stop realignment at the lower levels since the only ones likely to get promoted are UConn and Cincy and the MAC would stand still at 14.
(This post was last modified: 12-13-2012 08:46 AM by wildthing202.)
12-13-2012 08:45 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Cardsfan1974 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Cardinals
RE: Big East BB Schools To Announce Whether They Stay or Leave In A Couple of Days.
I don't think they can. There will be law suites from UConn, Cincinnati, USF, Temple & all the other teams that left their conferences to come to the BE.
12-13-2012 08:46 AM
CliftonAve Online
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
(12-13-2012 08:45 AM)wildthing202 Wrote:  What future BE? If they dissolve there is no Big East and everyone is an Indy. The FB misfits will either have to make their own conference or be scattered among the rest of the other conferences.

Navy back to Indy

Then each conference would have 16 teams and stop realignment at the lower levels since the only ones likely to get promoted are UConn and Cincy and the MAC would stand still at 14.

I think Cincinnati would go Indy before they would join the MAC. There are five other Ohio schools in the MAC. UC has put to much money into their athletic department (plus they have a $70M stadium project on the way).

A little nugget of trivia: UC was a founding member of the MAC. They left the conference back in 1947 when they were going to add in schools like Bowling Green, Toledo and some others.
12-13-2012 08:52 AM
wildthing202 Offline
Special Teams

(12-13-2012 08:46 AM)Cardsfan1974 Wrote:  I don't think they can. There will be law suites from UConn, Cincinnati, USF, Temple & all the other teams that left their conferences to come to the BE.

They can't get anything but money(units, exit fees, etc.), they can't overturn a dissolution vote. Once the league is dissolved all invites are voided. Can't join a non-existing conference now can you?
12-13-2012 08:56 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
wildthing202 Offline
Special Teams

(12-13-2012 08:52 AM)CliftonAve Wrote:  
(12-13-2012 08:45 AM)wildthing202 Wrote:  What future BE? If they dissolve there is no Big East and everyone is an Indy. The FB misfits will either have to make their own conference or be scattered among the rest of the other conferences.

Navy back to Indy

I think Cincinnati would go Indy before they would join the MAC. There are five other Ohio schools in the MAC. UC has put to much money into their athletic department (plus they have a $70M stadium project on the way).

A little nugget of trivia: UC was a founding member of the MAC. They left the conference back in 1947 when they were going to add in schools like Bowling Green, Toledo and some others.

Can they even afford to go Indy? They aren't going to get much if anything in a tv deal and crawling back to C-USA doesn't seem like much of an option. The Big 12 isn't going to expand anytime soon so where else would they go?
12-13-2012 09:00 AM
Advertisement

Cardsfan1974 Offline
2nd String

(12-13-2012 08:56 AM)wildthing202 Wrote:  
(12-13-2012 08:46 AM)Cardsfan1974 Wrote:  I don't think they can. There will be law suites from UConn, Cincinnati, USF, Temple & all the other teams that left their conferences to come to the BE.

They can't get anything but money(units, exit fees, etc.), they can't overturn a dissolution vote. Once the league is dissolved all invites are voided. Can't join a non-existing conference now can you?

Yes they can vote to dissolve the BE but, you leave teams that are still in the conference hanging FB playing schools Cincy Uconn USF . All other team's that have made plans to join the BE. They all notified the leagues that they are in, their leaving. Sure they may be able to go back, but not on good terms. It's like you have A GF then meet another chic hook up with her. Then later find out it's not going to work. Then go running back to you're old GF. She's not likely to welcome you back with open arm's. In the end if they vote to dissolve the league all these other schools will sue for Punitive damages.
(This post was last modified: 12-13-2012 09:24 AM by Cardsfan1974.)
12-13-2012 09:06 AM
Cardsfan1974 Offline
2nd String

(12-13-2012 08:56 AM)wildthing202 Wrote:  

Plus if they vote to dissolve the league. they give up all tourny credits. plus all exit fee's. If they don't join another conference they will have no auto bid into the NCAA tournament. They will give up A lot.
12-13-2012 09:13 AM
CliftonAve Online
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
(12-13-2012 09:00 AM)wildthing202 Wrote:  
(12-13-2012 08:52 AM)CliftonAve Wrote:  

Navy back to Indy

Can they even afford to go Indy? They aren't going to get much if anything in a tv deal and crawling back to C-USA doesn't seem like much of an option. The Big 12 isn't going to expand anytime soon so where else would they go?

I would argue UC could not afford to go MAC. It would put an end to their athletic program in a market that has professional sports and does not take kindly to second tier collegiate sports. UC was Indy in football prior to joining C-USA and would do it again as opposed to play in the MAC.
12-13-2012 09:20 AM
Cardsfan1974 Offline
2nd String

It would be nice some how to add Cincinnati,to the ACC but the Football schools have to be happy with anymore invites. They will not vote to add A School if it causes them to get less on their TV contract. one way would be for ND to join full membership plus Cincinnati. With everyone getting 22 million A year on the TV contract. Cincy is to good of A program to not be in A power league. If they don't end up in the ACC , hopefully they end up in the Big 12-2.
12-13-2012 09:42 AM
TIGER-PAUL Offline
All American

I Root For: PITT
Appears they're gone.
They'll need the supreme court to figure everything else out.
I'm seeing it all, but still hard to believe.
12-13-2012 09:43 AM
Advertisement

cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

Donators
Looks like the bb schools decided to leave. If thats the case and they dissolve the conference, then Louisville, SU and Pitt will be playing n the Acc next season, and not have to make anymore exit penalties payments and get to keep the Ncaa tourney and take them with the schools to the Acc. I hope SU asks for a refund of the exit penalty that they have already paid. I'm joking of course.

Link
12-13-2012 09:44 AM
Cardsfan1974 Offline
2nd String

I seen in another post somewhere that Uconn would vote with the CO7 if they could get into the ACC some how.
(This post was last modified: 12-13-2012 09:47 AM by Cardsfan1974.)
12-13-2012 09:47 AM
cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

Donators
(12-13-2012 09:43 AM)TIGER-PAUL Wrote:  Appears they're gone.
They'll need the supreme court to figure everything else out.
I'm seeing it all, but still hard to believe.

I never thought I would see it play out quite this way, but the end result is what I figured.
12-13-2012 09:49 AM
WakeForestRanger Offline
1st String

I Root For: Wake Forest
I doubt the ACC goes down this road. But I wouldn't mind the ACC picking up Georgetown to replace Maryland basketball in the DC market.
12-13-2012 09:53 AM
cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

Donators
(12-13-2012 09:53 AM)WakeForestRanger Wrote:  I doubt the ACC goes down this road. But I wouldn't mind the ACC picking up Georgetown to replace Maryland basketball in the DC market.

Please, no more hybrids. ND is enough for me. I love the thought of Georgetown in the Acc, but this whole deal with the BE and its hybrid model has left a nasty taste in my mouth.
12-13-2012 09:56 AM
Advertisement

Cardsfan1974 Offline
2nd String

Will the ACC allow Louisville ,ND , Pitt & Cuse play next season ?
(This post was last modified: 12-13-2012 09:58 AM by Cardsfan1974.)
12-13-2012 09:57 AM
stever20 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Sports
(12-13-2012 09:56 AM)cuseroc Wrote:  
(12-13-2012 09:53 AM)WakeForestRanger Wrote:  I doubt the ACC goes down this road. But I wouldn't mind the ACC picking up Georgetown to replace Maryland basketball in the DC market.

Please, no more hybrids. ND is enough for me. I love the thought of Georgetown in the Acc, but this whole deal with the BE and its hybrid model has left a nasty taste in my mouth.

I think the difference would be the ratio. 14 to 2 is a lot different than 8 to 8. (btw, I hope this happens, no way in hell do I want to be in with cyo teams).
12-13-2012 09:58 AM
stever20 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Sports
(12-13-2012 09:57 AM)Cardsfan1974 Wrote:  Will the ACC allow Louisville ,ND , Pitt & Cuse play next season ?

Might not have a choice :)
12-13-2012 09:58 AM
Cardsfan1974 Offline
2nd String

I can't believe the Co7 is going to just leave all that money behind.
12-13-2012 09:59 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.