ODU Monarchs

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Central Florida
EverRespect Online
Free Kaplony

I Root For: ODU
Central Florida
Yep, there is still 2/3 of a basketball season left unfortunately.
12-10-2012 02:53 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

SportsDoc757 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Old Dominion
RE: Central Florida
Damnit...
12-10-2012 03:36 PM
ODU Hugh Offline
1st String

Ugh...I have more interest in if Blaine leaves than the rest of the season.
12-10-2012 03:54 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
thegame60377 Offline
Water Engineer

Me too. Interested to see how Palmore progresses too.
12-10-2012 06:48 PM
monarchman Offline
1st String

It is really hard to get interested in this game. I wish the best for the team, but I guess more people are probably just waiting for the announcement at this point.
12-10-2012 06:53 PM
Old Dominion Navy Offline
The Lion King

I Root For: ODU SDSU
(12-10-2012 06:53 PM)monarchman Wrote:  It is really hard to get interested in this game. I wish the best for the team, but I guess more people are probably just waiting for the announcement at this point.

I agree. Since football is over its just going to depressing being on here. At we have the Lady Monarchs.
12-10-2012 07:28 PM
Advertisement

Razor Ramon Monarch Offline
Heisman

Odu wrestling could use some support!

Man, I'm glad I got my money back for this trainwreck of a season, but I have a feeling there will be many more chances to do so on the back of blaines terrible coaching. I'm thinking Drexel, even as poor as they've played recently, will still beat us by 30. Will be very interested to see what the line for that game is. Painter won't be able to post up on any of their big boys and we have NO ONE who can stay with massonet or Damion lee. Even bazemore couldn't shut down lee last year.....this year? It's gonna be u-g-l-y.
12-10-2012 07:41 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
AdoptedMonarch Online
Heisman

I, for one, am very much looking forward to Friday's game.

Partly for the basketball.

And partly because my publicly so stating will be so irritatingly bothersome to Team EverRespect-Razor -- sort of like an air horn blasted at a bunch of cats.

Go Monarchs (either with or without Coach Taylor).
12-10-2012 07:52 PM
EverRespect Online
Free Kaplony

Re: RE: Central Florida
(12-10-2012 07:52 PM)AdoptedMonarch Wrote:  I, for one, am very much looking forward to Friday's game.

And partly because my publicly so stating will be so irritatingly bothersome to Team EverRespect-Razor -- sort of like an air horn blasted at a bunch of cats.

You are quite full of yourself if you think anyone cares whether or not you are looking forward to the game.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk 2
12-10-2012 08:02 PM
Monarch_Pride Offline
Baze! Baze! Baze! Baze!

(12-10-2012 08:02 PM)EverRespect Wrote:  
(12-10-2012 07:52 PM)AdoptedMonarch Wrote:  I, for one, am very much looking forward to Friday's game.

You are quite full of yourself if you think anyone cares whether or not you are looking forward to the game.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk 2

You are quite full of yourself for posting your opinion about this season in the original post, then disrespecting someone else's. 05-nono You have a negative outlook on this season, and that's fine, but you don't need to act like that.
12-10-2012 08:06 PM
ODUR8R Offline
All American

(12-10-2012 07:41 PM)Razor Ramon Monarch Wrote:  Odu wrestling could use some support!

Man, I'm glad I got my money back for this trainwreck of a season, but I have a feeling there will be many more chances to do so on the back of blaines terrible coaching. I'm thinking Drexel, even as poor as they've played recently, will still beat us by 30. Will be very interested to see what the line for that game is. Painter won't be able to post up on any of their big boys and we have NO ONE who can stay with massonet or Damion lee. Even bazemore couldn't shut down lee last year.....this year? It's gonna be u-g-l-y.

Which game were your referring to because Baze torched him for like 37 at home.
12-10-2012 08:12 PM
Advertisement

Monarch_Pride Offline
Baze! Baze! Baze! Baze!

(12-10-2012 08:12 PM)ODUR8R Wrote:  
(12-10-2012 07:41 PM)Razor Ramon Monarch Wrote:  Odu wrestling could use some support!

Which game were your referring to because Baze torched him for like 37 at home.

Yes, but the point was that Damion Lee lit up the stat sheets for Drexel - in both games. 24 pts @ ODU and 17 pts vs. ODU in the tourney. He was definitely lighting us up.
12-10-2012 08:14 PM
ODUR8R Offline
All American

Wow 20.5 is sick and even more impressive considering he was single covered the entire season playing alongside Frantz Massenat who was the best player in the league and Chris Fouch who is an assassin. Their biggest mismatch was Samme Givens.

Not many guys in the country can make wide open corner three's or take two baseline dribbles to get to unattended painted area. How's he doing this season without Fouch and Givens by the way?
12-10-2012 08:20 PM
Monarch_Pride Offline
Baze! Baze! Baze! Baze!

I am simply defending Lee's play last year. I'm neither discussing this year, nor do I agree with Razor's predictions of a 30 point loss (...lol). But it's true that Lee played very well against us last year.

However, if you must know, let me google Lee's performance for you.

Turns out he is leading his team in PPG, total points, total 3-pointers, and shoots 45.2% FG and 32.6% 3's.
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketba...damion-lee
http://statsheet.com/mcb/teams/drexel?season=2012-2013

Not too shabby for a sophomore.
(This post was last modified: 12-10-2012 08:33 PM by Monarch_Pride.)
12-10-2012 08:31 PM
ODUR8R Offline
All American

No doubt he's a great player but he's slightly overrated. His percentages are down this season without Fouch and Givens and he has absolutely zero floor game.

He's basically a better shooting Batten that plays more minutes. Lee has a negative assist to turnover ratio and has 11 steals on the season which is pathetic considering he plays huge minutes for Bruiser Flint.
12-10-2012 08:59 PM
LuckyLion Offline
1st String

I, personally, am looking forward to this, because, "Man, I love watching Nick Wright play basketball. " 03-nutkick
(This post was last modified: 12-10-2012 09:41 PM by LuckyLion.)
12-10-2012 09:39 PM
Advertisement

SportsDoc757 Offline
Bench Warmer

Solid short little write-up on ODU commit Ramone Snowden by the pilot. Still trying to figure out why HE (out of our other two recruits) is the preferred walkon next year.

http://hamptonroads.com/2012/12/new-mind...020-player
12-10-2012 11:57 PM
Razor Ramon Monarch Offline
Heisman

(12-10-2012 08:59 PM)ODUR8R Wrote:  No doubt he's a great player but he's slightly overrated. His percentages are down this season without Fouch and Givens and he has absolutely zero floor game.

He's basically a better shooting Batten that plays more minutes. Lee has a negative assist to turnover ratio and has 11 steals on the season which is pathetic considering he plays huge minutes for Bruiser Flint.

You are absolutely just looking for crap when you post total steals (which is at 1 per game which actually isn't that bad) and assist to turnover ratio for a shooting guard! He's not supposed to rack up assists, he's there to shoot and score, which he does better than anyone currently on odu or Drexel.

And you are still ignoring the bigger point which is that he's a 6"7 shooting guard with deep range and we have no one that can match up with him.

A better taller batten with more rebounding and better defense??? That suppose to be a criticism or something?

Give it a rest. The kids only a feaking sophomore and he's a borderline first team all caa player (although in this years caa that isn't saying very much). Regardless, Drexel will still drill us this year because we simply can't match up with them.

They beat us twice last year with baze and coop. Good luck getting painter to go for 15-20 against that front court. I'll believe it when I see it.

Oh and adopted, I really don't care whether you are excited or not for the game, I'm just excited for the possibility of us getting a new coach at the end of this season.

You will be too eventually, once you see that we CAN, in fact, land big recruits here with the right guy in charge. I believe wood will do a good job and do the right thing.

1-9 after ucf and 3 straight blowouts will be pretty tough to swallow for odu's more casual fans. You could see attendance drop drastically after the third straight blowout/semi-blowout at home to teams we use to be just as good as if not better than.

Hard to justify we are "building" towards anything at that point.
12-11-2012 12:55 AM
ODUR8R Offline
All American

(12-11-2012 12:55 AM)Razor Ramon Monarch Wrote:  
(12-10-2012 08:59 PM)ODUR8R Wrote:  No doubt he's a great player but he's slightly overrated. His percentages are down this season without Fouch and Givens and he has absolutely zero floor game.

You are absolutely just looking for crap when you post total steals (which is at 1 per game which actually isn't that bad) and assist to turnover ratio for a shooting guard! He's not supposed to rack up assists, he's there to shoot and score, which he does better than anyone currently on odu or Drexel.

And you are still ignoring the bigger point which is that he's a 6"7 shooting guard with deep range and we have no one that can match up with him.

A better taller batten with more rebounding and better defense??? That suppose to be a criticism or something?

Give it a rest. The kids only a feaking sophomore and he's a borderline first team all caa player (although in this years caa that isn't saying very much). Regardless, Drexel will still drill us this year because we simply can't match up with them.

They beat us twice last year with baze and coop. Good luck getting painter to go for 15-20 against that front court. I'll believe it when I see it.

Oh and adopted, I really don't care whether you are excited or not for the game, I'm just excited for the possibility of us getting a new coach at the end of this season.

You will be too eventually, once you see that we CAN, in fact, land big recruits here with the right guy in charge. I believe wood will do a good job and do the right thing.

1-9 after ucf and 3 straight blowouts will be pretty tough to swallow for odu's more casual fans. You could see attendance drop drastically after the third straight blowout/semi-blowout at home to teams we use to be just as good as if not better than.

Hard to justify we are "building" towards anything at that point.

I was incorrect he has 3 steals and 11 assists on the season. So he's a 1 dimensional player who is having a worse season without Fouch and Givens. He's a nice talent but overrated
12-11-2012 08:02 AM
pandorazboxx Offline
2nd String

Lee is still good. It's hard to be good by yourself with no help. That kid may get CAA player of the year during his college career.
12-11-2012 08:08 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.