Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

$60 billion for the uninsured "victims" of Hurricane Sandy.
UConn-SMU Offline
often wrong, never in doubt

I Root For: the AAC
$60 billion for the uninsured "victims" of Hurricane Sandy.
Why are we spending $60 billion to aid the schmucks that didn't purchase insurance? And why should the "less fortunate" people in the upper Midwest or Rocky Mountains have to pay to rebuild the million-dollar, uninsured beachfront homes in NY/NJ?

Actually, the schmucks are the ones who bought insurance. Everyone knows the federal government will bail out any "victim" in today's America.
12-07-2012 09:58 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

mixduptransistor Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB
RE: $60 billion for the uninsured "victims" of Hurricane Sandy.
FEMA isn't going to be wholesale just giving new houses to people without insurance. A large majority of that money will be going to local governments to fix infrastructure or finance cleanup, not building new homes
12-07-2012 10:44 PM
UConn-SMU Offline

(12-07-2012 10:44 PM)mixduptransistor Wrote:  FEMA isn't going to be wholesale just giving new houses to people without insurance. A large majority of that money will be going to local governments to fix infrastructure or finance cleanup, not building new homes

On the news today (NPR?), they mentioned at least a big chunk of it was for the uninsured.
12-07-2012 10:57 PM
mixduptransistor Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB
I don't know that specific program, and I won't say it doesn't exist, but the large majority of it isn't for that purpose, and it certainly isn't going to make everyone who didn't have insurance whole. We've had a lot of FEMA involvement around here for Katrina and the tornado outbreak last year, and I would say over 3/4 of the money that was applied for by the state and counties went to the state and counties to reimburse their direct costs, or to build things like schools and put up traffic lights, not buy houses.
12-07-2012 11:19 PM
Advertisement

Mr. Peanut Offline
Banned

I Root For: American Worker
Many insured people do not have flood insurance surely to goodness you don't begrudge helping fellow Americans get back on their feet in this time of need. Now THAT'S pro-life
(This post was last modified: 12-07-2012 11:34 PM by Mr. Peanut.)
12-07-2012 11:32 PM
GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

I Root For: My Kids & ECU

Crappies
This is normal for FEMA. Nothing to see here...keep moving.
12-08-2012 12:01 AM
UConn-SMU Offline

(12-07-2012 11:32 PM)Mr. Peanut Wrote:  Many insured people do not have flood insurance surely to goodness you don't begrudge helping fellow Americans get back on their feet in this time of need. Now THAT'S pro-life

If you have some people that bought flood insurance and some people that did not buy flood insurance, it would just be wrong if they were all made equally "whole" after an event like that. That's not fair at all.

And these people chose to live within 50 feet of the ocean without insurance. Why should someone in Nebraska have to pay for someone else's risky decision?
(This post was last modified: 12-08-2012 07:45 AM by UConn-SMU.)
12-08-2012 12:18 AM
Advertisement

RaiderATO Offline
Puddin' Stick

I Root For: MiddleTennessee
(12-08-2012 12:18 AM)UConn-SMU Wrote:  
(12-07-2012 11:32 PM)Mr. Peanut Wrote:  Many insured people do not have flood insurance surely to goodness you don't begrudge helping fellow Americans get back on their feet in this time of need. Now THAT'S pro-life

If you have some people that bought flood insurance and some people that did not buy flood insurance, it would just be wrong if they were all made equally "whole" after an event like that. That's not fair at all.

And these people chose to live with 50 feet of the ocean without insurance. Why should someone in Nebraska have to pay for someone else's risky decision?

personal responsibility
12-08-2012 12:33 AM
Mr. Peanut Offline
Banned

I Root For: American Worker
(12-08-2012 12:33 AM)RaiderATO Wrote:  

And these people chose to live with 50 feet of the ocean without insurance. Why should someone in Nebraska have to pay for someone else's risky decision?

personal responsibility
Who would be irresponsible enough to build a home in a "no mans land" like New York City.
(This post was last modified: 12-08-2012 07:49 AM by Mr. Peanut.)
12-08-2012 06:09 AM
I'mMoreAwesomeThanYou Offline
Medium Pimping

I Root For: America
(12-08-2012 06:09 AM)Mr. Peanut Wrote:  

personal responsibility
Who would be irresponsible enough to build a home in a "no mans land" like New York City.

I ask myself that question every day
12-08-2012 08:19 AM
Advertisement

200yrs2late Offline
Resident Parrothead

I Root For: East Carolina
Most of the FEMA money will be in the form of low interest loans, or at least it used to be. I don't have a problem with them helping. In 96 two hurricanes destroyed over 2500 acres of crops on my family farm. Crop insurance wasn't enough to even pay the loans on seed and fertilizer. It took a FEMA loan to cover equipment that went underwater and repairs to most structures. Even with the crop insurance and FEMA loan the farms is still nowhere near the size it was in 96. Instances like that, and like what happened to some people as a result of this storm are why FEMA exists. FEMA may be wasteful and corrupt, but it still serves a need.
12-08-2012 08:54 AM
RaiderATO Offline
Puddin' Stick

I Root For: MiddleTennessee
(12-08-2012 06:09 AM)Mr. Peanut Wrote:  

personal responsibility

And not insure it? Then expect someone to come along and make them whole again for free when others paid good money to make sure they were safe against something like this.
12-08-2012 11:02 AM
maximus Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: MEMPHIS
gonna make this a condensed version:

--Flood in Memphis
--Illegal alien in a trailer park in a sketchy part of town gets a check from FEMA due to flooding
--Aunt owns an old family home in sketchy part of town and trying to sell
--Illegal alien buys home with said FEMA check
(This post was last modified: 12-08-2012 09:37 PM by maximus.)
12-08-2012 12:36 PM
Advertisement

Kyle0614 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: East Carolina
(12-08-2012 12:36 PM)maximus Wrote:  gonna make this a condensed version:

--Flood in Memphis
--Illegal alien in a trailer park in a sketchy part of town gets a check from FEMA due to flooding
--Aunt owns an old family in home in sketchy part of town and trying to sell

IDK, this sounds a bit sketchy............

03-lmfao
12-08-2012 07:04 PM
maximus Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: MEMPHIS
(12-08-2012 07:04 PM)Kyle0614 Wrote:  
(12-08-2012 12:36 PM)maximus Wrote:  gonna make this a condensed version:

--Flood in Memphis
--Aunt owns an old family in home in sketchy part of town and trying to sell

IDK, this sounds a bit sketchy............

03-lmfao

Nope, it happened, an illegal alien can receive money from FEMA

I fixed the part of her owning a family, it's should have read owned a family home
12-08-2012 09:39 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.