UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

When we get an OCS
Dpickren Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UTC Mocs & UAB
Exclamation When we get an OCS
I know we will need several things when an OCS becomes a reality but we also have some things that I would like to have, such as someone will need to negotiate a deal to use the parking attendants we currently have at legion. I don’t want to miss out on some of the festive discussions I have witnessed with these attendants the past couple of years…..
12-05-2012 05:29 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BAMANBLAZERFAN Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB & Bama

BlazerTalk Award
RE: When we get an OCS
When UAB gets its own OCS, you may wish you had someone to tell you where to go -- to park, especially on those week day night games when classes are in session. Unless you are one of the privileged "Club" members, you may have to find a place to park on your own and it is already difficult just for Bartow Arena size crowds. Will an agitated UAB student already late for class be more relaxed than a Legion Field parking guide? ..
12-05-2012 05:50 PM
Blazer on the southside Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UAB
Maybe they can have everyone park at LF and shuttle them to OCS. haha
12-05-2012 05:53 PM
blazerwkr Offline
Heisman

BlazerTalk Award
In the plans there was allowance for parking for the stadium by/under I65 so parking won't be as bad as you think in trying to deal w/ street parking but dealing w/ rush hr traffic if we have a weekday game is another matter.
12-05-2012 05:54 PM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
Ahhhhh the Parking Nazies. A story we will tell our grand kids.
12-05-2012 05:59 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BeliefBlazer Offline
Super Moderator

DonatorsDonators
Traffic will be a huge complaint when we move on campus. It's an issue I hope we get the chance to deal with one day.
12-05-2012 06:53 PM
Advertisement

Matrix Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB, N'Western
(12-05-2012 05:29 PM)Dpickren Wrote:  I know we will need several things when an OCS becomes a reality but we also have some things that I would like to have, such as someone will need to negotiate a deal to use the parking attendants we currently have at legion. I don’t want to miss out on some of the festive discussions I have witnessed with these attendants the past couple of years…..

A toast to optimism...It's not for everybody, that's for sure. Mind if I ask you if you can share the nature of some of these "festive" discussions?
12-05-2012 07:02 PM
Matrix Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-05-2012 05:53 PM)Blazer on the southside Wrote:  Maybe they can have everyone park at LF and shuttle them to OCS. haha

03-lmfao then we're getting into an entirely different "game" altogether, entitled, "who's watching your car?"
12-05-2012 07:03 PM
Matrix Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-05-2012 06:53 PM)BeliefBlazer Wrote:  Traffic will be a huge complaint when we move on campus. It's an issue I hope we get the chance to deal with one day.

Compared to where our Blazers are forced to play, that is one inconvenience I'd be more than happy to put up with. I occasionally run into that with the basketball team, anyway. I wonder if that is also a contributing factor to the declined attendance in basketball as well?
12-05-2012 07:05 PM
UAB?IAB Offline
Banned

I Root For: UAB_ASDD
ROTFLMA
12-05-2012 07:06 PM
Matrix Offline
Hall of Famer

so which "pipe dream" will actually come to fruition in this town first? The On-Campus Football Stadium for UAB or "NBA Birmingham?"("none of the above" option available as well)...
12-05-2012 07:09 PM
Advertisement

ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
I want a Tilt -O-Whirl out front. We could hire Jon Soloman to be the Pixie Dust Spreader.
12-05-2012 07:18 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
the_blazerman Offline
Legend

McDonald's Ball Pit on University BLVD.
12-05-2012 07:23 PM
Matrix Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-05-2012 07:18 PM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  I want a Tilt -O-Whirl out front. We could hire Jon Soloman to be the Pixie Dust Spreader.

03-lmfao Don't forget the "Pin the tail on the *******" booth in the new Blazer Village, with the appropriate likenesses of all of the local sports media enemies of UAB's on the faces. But that would be a supreme insult to all self-respecting jackasses all over the world, wouldn't it?
(This post was last modified: 12-05-2012 07:56 PM by Matrix.)
12-05-2012 07:37 PM
Blazer Engineer Offline
Skull Splitter

I think the OCS will happen.....eventually.......
12-05-2012 07:40 PM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

It will happen. We just need butts in the seats and the team also needs to do their part to make it eaier on us to do our part!
12-05-2012 07:44 PM
Advertisement

Matrix Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-05-2012 07:40 PM)Blazer Engineer Wrote:  I think the OCS will happen.....eventually.......

I'm so sorry, no one wants it or wanted it to happen more than I did a year ago, but there was so much optimism that it was going to be a done deal around here and I don't like to rain on anyone's parade, but one thing I learned from of all people, a professional wrestler, who once said in one of his out of the ring sketches, "you knew I was a snake before you trusted me....NEVER TRUST A SNAKE!"

We trusted the snakes and the bastards bit us! Have to admit, in the last couple of weeks leading up to what was supposed to be the final proposal on it, I let my guard down and actually believed that they were going to approve the stadium, I was already preparing to get season tickets for the next 3-5 years for that....& look what they did! Never again! 01-rivals01-rivals stinks for a reason, & they're not even worth a pile of that. I won't forget.
12-05-2012 07:50 PM
Blazer Engineer Offline
Skull Splitter

Nice Jake "the Snake" Roberts reference
12-05-2012 07:59 PM
BlazerPhil Offline
Administrator of Comedy

I Root For: Birmingham U.
Folding@NCAAbbs
(12-05-2012 07:09 PM)Matrix Wrote:  so which "pipe dream" will actually come to fruition in this town first? The On-Campus Football Stadium for UAB or "NBA Birmingham?"("none of the above" option available as well)...

I pulling for the 2022 Winter Olympics
12-06-2012 12:06 AM
thebernreuter Offline
in trouble

(12-05-2012 07:40 PM)Blazer Engineer Wrote:  I think the OCS will happen.....eventually.......

In 10 years, we will either have an OCS or no football program.
(This post was last modified: 12-06-2012 02:57 AM by thebernreuter.)
12-06-2012 02:44 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.