Troy AD voices support for adding Ga Southern and App State
Bookmark and Share
GSU Eagles Offline
Heisman

I Root For: GeorgiaSouthern
Troy AD voices support for adding Ga Southern and App State
http://troytrojans.com/news/2012/12/2/GE...th=general

Here are my answers, as best as I can answer today:
1) Absolutely. I think there will be several more changes until there are in my estimation four "Super Conferences" made up of 16-20 teams each that will replace what are currently known as the BCS leagues. As a result of this, there will be further movement in leagues such as Conference USA and the SBC.
2) Yes. With the departure of MTSU and FAU that leaves us with eight football playing teams, which means if you play everyone once you would only have seven league games. From a football scheduling perspective, this would leave the SBC members short one football game. While some have mentioned current FBS schools New Mexico State and Idaho, I believe two institutions from the FCS ranks, Appalachian State and Georgia Southern, would fit well in our league and make a whole lot more geographical sense.
12-04-2012 05:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TroyFootball05 Online
1987 Man of the Year

I Root For: Good Times
RE: Troy AD voices support for adding Ga Southern and App State
(12-04-2012 05:41 PM)GSU Eagles Wrote:  http://troytrojans.com/news/2012/12/2/GE...th=general

1) Absolutely. I think there will be several more changes until there are in my estimation four "Super Conferences" made up of 16-20 teams each that will replace what are currently known as the BCS leagues. As a result of this, there will be further movement in leagues such as Conference USA and the SBC.
2) Yes. With the departure of MTSU and FAU that leaves us with eight football playing teams, which means if you play everyone once you would only have seven league games. From a football scheduling perspective, this would leave the SBC members short one football game. While some have mentioned current FBS schools New Mexico State and Idaho, I believe two institutions from the FCS ranks, Appalachian State and Georgia Southern, would fit well in our league and make a whole lot more geographical sense.

I'm for it. Lets add both.
12-04-2012 05:49 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
airtroop Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: South Alabama
Had a brewski last night with an Athletic Department staff member @ USA and he told me he had heard (in otherwords, still just a rumor, albeit one from a *decent* source) GaSo and Appy are as good as "in" and pretty much were during the last round of re-alignment -- was nothing more than a timing issue at that point. Just a FWIW.
12-04-2012 06:34 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tux Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: Texas State
(12-04-2012 05:49 PM)TroyFootball05 Wrote:  
(12-04-2012 05:41 PM)GSU Eagles Wrote:  http://troytrojans.com/news/2012/12/2/GE...th=general

I'm for it. Lets add both.

So am I. They'll make fine additions and contribute to the Belt.
12-04-2012 06:47 PM
DeanoASU Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Appalachian
I am sure "the Announcement" is just waiting on the right timing or for GaSouthern to finish the playoffs, but I for one am ready for some announcement to be made so we can all get on to transitioning, scheduling and more importantly recruiting!
12-04-2012 06:52 PM
GSU Eagles Offline
Heisman

(12-04-2012 06:52 PM)DeanoASU Wrote:  I am sure "the Announcement" is just waiting on the right timing or for GaSouthern to finish the playoffs, but I for one am ready for some announcement to be made so we can all get on to transitioning, scheduling and more importantly recruiting!

Yep, they want to announce them at the same time. The press release will be that the Sun Belt is adding the two most successful programs in FCS history with 9 national titles between them. App State and Ga Southern also bring a tremendous rivalry between the schools to the conference...........talk of footprint........talk of long term additions that will bring stability......both University Presidents committed to improving..........

Conclude with the Sun Belt experienced tremendous success on the field this past year. Ga Southern and App State will continue the trend of the Sun Belt earning respect on the field.
12-04-2012 07:20 PM
Advertisement

Atlanta Trojan Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: TROY
If our AD is talking about it so is the SBC officials since our chancellor is the president of the SBC
12-04-2012 07:23 PM
DeanoASU Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Appalachian
(12-04-2012 07:20 PM)GSU Eagles Wrote:  
(12-04-2012 06:52 PM)DeanoASU Wrote:  I am sure "the Announcement" is just waiting on the right timing or for GaSouthern to finish the playoffs, but I for one am ready for some announcement to be made so we can all get on to transitioning, scheduling and more importantly recruiting!

Yep, they want to announce them at the same time. The press release will be that the Sun Belt is adding the two most successful programs in FCS history with 9 national titles between them. App State and Ga Southern also bring a tremendous rivalry between the schools to the conference...........talk of footprint........talk of long term additions that will bring stability......both University Presidents committed to improving..........

Conclude with the Sun Belt experienced tremendous success on the field this past year. Ga Southern and App State will continue the trend of the Sun Belt earning respect on the field.

Well if you don't already, I think you should work in marketing, you seem to have a knack for it. I do hope App and GaSouthern can go as a package deal and maintain our rivalry. I know the last few times we have played in Boone those have been the highest attended games. Good rivalries with years of tradition are sometimes are hard to come by.
(This post was last modified: 12-04-2012 07:28 PM by DeanoASU.)
12-04-2012 07:26 PM
Glassonion Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: AppState
Well... thats one vote..
12-04-2012 07:34 PM
CatMom Online
Getting Old Sucks!

I Root For: TXST
(12-04-2012 07:34 PM)Glassonion Wrote:  Well... thats one vote..
TXST has played both, although App State backed out on the return of a home and home. If not for "The Knee" we might have had that second game.
Our 1 game with GASouthern was a classic.

Would love to have them both as conference mates. Our AD has a short memory, though.
12-04-2012 08:03 PM
GATA Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: GA Southern

I think GSU can lock up Scott Farmer from ULM since he's an alumni
12-04-2012 08:45 PM
Advertisement

Hemi Man Offline
Hector's Homeboy

I Root For: Troy
I'm all for adding both teams.
12-04-2012 08:53 PM
Klak Offline
1st String

I Root For: Ga Southern
(12-04-2012 08:45 PM)GATA Wrote:  

Farmer is the AD at ULL.
12-04-2012 09:19 PM
GATA Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: GA Southern
(12-04-2012 09:19 PM)Klak Wrote:  

Farmer is the AD at ULL.

That's what I meant. It's been a long day 03-banghead
12-04-2012 09:53 PM
geauxcajuns Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisiana
If you read the stAte board and their meltdown because Gus left you would think they would support Liberty. A whole bunch of Gus wasn't Christian because he lied to the fan base and took an $150+% raise.
12-04-2012 09:57 PM
troy4ever21 Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: Troy & SBC
I'm all for adding GA Southern and App State. They're going to be great additions to the SBC.
12-05-2012 02:20 PM
Advertisement

zeebart21 Offline
All American

(12-04-2012 09:53 PM)GATA Wrote:  
(12-04-2012 09:19 PM)Klak Wrote:  

Farmer is the AD at ULL.

That's what I meant. It's been a long day 03-banghead

Actually, UL will do just fine..

Z
12-05-2012 02:22 PM
CrazyCajun Offline
All American

Of course he does because that is the model Troy followed. Unfortunately his standards aren't shared by many at UL, WKU and ASU. I'm willing to bet on that.
12-05-2012 04:23 PM
CrazyCajun Offline
All American

Scott Farmer is having a hard time defending himself right now to Cajun alumni much less fighting for anyone at this time.
12-05-2012 04:25 PM
GSU Eagles Offline
Heisman

(12-05-2012 04:25 PM)CrazyCajun Wrote:  

Scott Farmer is having a hard time defending himself right now to Cajun alumni much less fighting for anyone at this time.

What did they want him to do? Move UL to new Orleans to CUSA would invite UL?
12-05-2012 05:28 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.