12-03-2012 10:13 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MU ATO Offline
THE ONE AND ONLY

I Root For: MU, GCU, U of I

Donators
RE: MTSU doesn't get bowl bid
Wow... I didn't even realize that MTSU was left out. What a JOKE.
12-03-2012 10:24 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
pilot172000 Offline
All American

I Root For: Tech/ Bama
We should play each other in the realignment bowl!!
12-03-2012 10:27 AM
tyler90wm Offline
Blue Raider

I Root For: MT
(12-03-2012 10:13 AM)Hell_Blazer Wrote:  La tech and mtsu this is what the public thinks about us

I don't think public perception had anything to do with this. Is it just a coincidence that the team that announced they are moving to another conference was the only eligible Sun Belt team to get left out?
12-03-2012 10:28 AM
RaiderDoug Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Middle
(12-03-2012 10:13 AM)Hell_Blazer Wrote:  La tech and mtsu this is what the public thinks about us

LaTech shot itself in the foot trying to avoid having to play ULM.

MT getting left out is why CUSA can always have any SBC team it wants with a simple phone call. The SBC's tie ins are a joke, the commish is a joke.

The biggest crap sandwich is the fact that the MAC got all of it's bowl teams in over ours, including at least one which was 6-6.
12-03-2012 10:31 AM
surlycanon Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Middle Tenn
I believe you will see a HARD push by the university to join CUSA this summer instead if the 2014 deadline. We were going to be cordial and not leave the sun belt in a lurch, but they are being petty and I think we are over them, atleast the fanbase definitely is! AD Chris Massaro is NOT happy; saying on twitter that he will never forget this, "Period." Gonna be an interesting few months.
12-03-2012 10:49 AM
Advertisement

BeliefBlazer Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: UAB

DonatorsDonators
(12-03-2012 10:49 AM)surlycanon Wrote:  I believe you will see a HARD push by the university to join CUSA this summer instead if the 2014 deadline. We were going to be cordial and not leave the sun belt in a lurch, but they are being petty and I think we are over them, atleast the fanbase definitely is! AD Chris Massaro is NOT happy; saying on twitter that he will never forget this, "Period." Gonna be an interesting few months.

The Troy AD issued a statement saying the Belt teams are looking for replacement games so that FAU/MTSU can come to CUSA early. I suspect the Belt wants the teams gone ASAP.
12-03-2012 10:56 AM
MTowho Offline
1st String

I Root For: MiddleTennessee
(12-03-2012 10:56 AM)BeliefBlazer Wrote:  
(12-03-2012 10:49 AM)surlycanon Wrote:  I believe you will see a HARD push by the university to join CUSA this summer instead if the 2014 deadline. We were going to be cordial and not leave the sun belt in a lurch, but they are being petty and I think we are over them, atleast the fanbase definitely is! AD Chris Massaro is NOT happy; saying on twitter that he will never forget this, "Period." Gonna be an interesting few months.

The Troy AD issued a statement saying the Belt teams are looking for replacement games so that FAU/MTSU can come to CUSA early. I suspect the Belt wants the teams gone ASAP.

I doubt we care if they can find replacement games at this point. We'll let them try to take us to court. Our AD is one of the most level headed people you can find, but he is absolutely livid right now.
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2012 10:58 AM by MTowho.)
12-03-2012 10:57 AM
FlyHawk98 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Marshall
That would be awesome if you guys were able to come in and compete next year. I don't blame you one bit, and I hope CUSA opens its doors for you.
12-03-2012 11:00 AM
perimeterpost Offline
All American

I Root For: OHIO
everyone is mad about NIU making the Orange Bowl but the real story should be about MTSU being pushed out. There are 71 bowl eligible teams and 70 bowl spots, HOWEVER, the NCAA broke their own rules by allowing a waver to poor pathetic 6-7 Georgia Tech who cried that it wasn't fair that they were given a chance to win a conference championship AND a spot in a BCS bowl, but had to play a good team to win it.

so GT becomes the 72nd bowl eligible team and MTSU gets pushed out with LaTech who screwed themselves. and the kicker is, as you know, MTSU beat GT this year by 21 points. to me, that's the biggest travesty of this bowl season.

as a MAC fan I'm familiar with it too, 2 years ago there were 2 extra teams and both were from the MAC, a 6-6 WMU is hard to argue for but also left out was 8-4 Temple who beat the Big East champ UConn that got to go a BCS bowl. its all rediculous.
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2012 11:11 AM by perimeterpost.)
12-03-2012 11:10 AM
tyler90wm Offline
Blue Raider

I Root For: MT
(12-03-2012 11:10 AM)perimeterpost Wrote:  everyone is mad about NIU making the Orange Bowl but the real story should be about MTSU being pushed out. There are 71 bowl eligible teams and 70 bowl spots, HOWEVER, the NCAA broke their own rules by allowing a waver to poor pathetic 6-7 Georgia Tech who cried that it wasn't fair that they were given a chance to win a conference championship AND a spot in a BCS bowl, but had to play a good team to win it.

so GT becomes the 72nd bowl eligible team and MTSU gets pushed out with LaTech who screwed themselves. and the kicker is, as you know, MTSU beat GT this year by 21 points. to me, that's the biggest travesty of this bowl season.

as a MAC fan I'm familiar with it too, 2 years ago there were 2 extra teams and both were from the MAC, a 6-6 WMU is hard to argue for but also left out was 8-4 Temple who beat the Big East champ UConn that got to go a BCS bowl. its all rediculous.

BTW, congrats to the MAC for getting all of their bowl teams in; your commissioner know how to do his job!
12-03-2012 11:12 AM
Advertisement

DaSaintFan Offline
Dum' Sutherner in Midwest!

I Root For: Southern Miss
(12-03-2012 10:24 AM)MU ATO Wrote:  Wow... I didn't even realize that MTSU was left out. What a JOKE.

Unfortunately, I noticed this last night while looking over the La Tech stories. I was just thumbing through, and was just doing a search to see where MTSU ended up... and "surprise!" they weren't on any of the lists of games.

I thought I had just missed something, but nope they weren't there anywhere.

I know a lot of people were saying you couldn't bash the WAC commissioner, since he was in a dead football conference... but how about Mr. Benson (the "savior" of the Sun Belt?) not getting his conference into another bowl game?
12-03-2012 11:19 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MTowho Offline
1st String

I Root For: MiddleTennessee
(12-03-2012 11:00 AM)FlyHawk98 Wrote:  That would be awesome if you guys were able to come in and compete next year. I don't blame you one bit, and I hope CUSA opens its doors for you.

Banowsky said that we were welcome in 2013 or at the latest 2014. Looks like we'll be calling him up to come in next year.

Once the shock of our bowl screwjob wears off, I'll take games against Marshall, Southern Miss, UAB, and ECU next year in exchange for missing out on this game this season.
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2012 11:20 AM by MTowho.)
12-03-2012 11:19 AM
Hop45 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Middle Tennesse
(12-03-2012 11:19 AM)MTowho Wrote:  
(12-03-2012 11:00 AM)FlyHawk98 Wrote:  That would be awesome if you guys were able to come in and compete next year. I don't blame you one bit, and I hope CUSA opens its doors for you.

Banowsky said that we were welcome in 2013 or at the latest 2014. Looks like we'll be calling him up to come in next year.

Once the shock of our bowl screwjob wears off, I'll take games against Marshall, Southern Miss, UAB, and ECU next year in exchange for missing out on this game this season.
Me too! Hope we can get it worked out.
12-03-2012 11:24 AM
Bulldogs145 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
(12-03-2012 10:31 AM)RaiderDoug Wrote:  

LaTech shot itself in the foot trying to avoid having to play ULM.

MT getting left out is why CUSA can always have any SBC team it wants with a simple phone call. The SBC's tie ins are a joke, the commish is a joke.

The biggest crap sandwich is the fact that the MAC got all of it's bowl teams in over ours, including at least one which was 6-6.

This is just anti-Tech propaganda that I'm sure the Sunbelt board is pushing 100%. It's no secret that many of our fans didn't want to play ULM, but very very few would have been willing to stay home to avoid them.
12-03-2012 12:37 PM
Bulldogs145 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
I also think it's a travesty that MTSU didn't get selected. Especially since they beat Georgia Tech.
12-03-2012 12:39 PM
Advertisement

Ole Blue Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Good Guys
I want us out of that shipwreck of a conference ASAP. This is the last straw. Absolute crap. I'm done with the Sun Belt Conference.
12-03-2012 12:40 PM
Fear The Frog Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: TCU
Can't believe you guys think the Sun Belt should of let MTSU Get the Bowl over A team that will still be there WKU..

When has Bowl been a bout being fair ? never has never will....

You guys got the move up,I Believe WKU Would swap with you, Take the Bowl and them come to CUSA..

Just as the MWC Conference Took our home game against Boise, because they could...They took care of their own...
12-03-2012 01:30 PM
NTTHOR Offline
1st String

I Root For: NORTH TEXAS
i don't have a problem with mtsu not getting a bid. the sun belt sent their schools that were staying in...easy choice...if it's wku or mtsu...i would go with the school that is staying in my conference.

it does suck that a 6-7 team and numerous 6-6 teams got into bowls, but mtsu is left out with a better record...such is life. life in the cusa will be much better!
12-03-2012 01:31 PM
DrBox Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tulane
Honestly you can't blame Benson and the sunbelt for prioritizing W Ky over MTSU. That's what they should do.
Sunbelt only had 2 tie-ins, and it's tough to get a spot, when you don't have a conference commissioner behind you.
As for losing to a FCS, they more than made up for it by running G Tech off their field.
12-03-2012 01:33 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.