Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

UCF fans planning on attending the St. Pete Bowl
Bookmark and Share
Kruciff Offline
Old Man from scene 24

I Root For: The Bridge of Death
UCF fans planning on attending the St. Pete Bowl
Here is the link to the facebook group

We're doing another event. It's the same group that brought you the Boston College Red Bandanna game, as well as the previous Black and Gold game against Mizzou.

Join up, and keep an ear out for news. We've got a lot of things planned for this. The intent is to make some noise, if we can, even though it's just a minor bowl.
12-02-2012 09:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TampaKnight Offline
Knight Family

I Root For: The American
RE: UCF fans planning on attending the St. Pete Bowl
Signed up as a 'maybe'.

Do you happen to know ticket prices?
12-02-2012 09:40 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kruciff Offline
Old Man from scene 24

(12-02-2012 09:40 PM)TampaKnight Wrote:  Signed up as a 'maybe'.

We are gonna push for the $30 lower bowl tickets. Uppers are $20
12-02-2012 09:42 PM
200yrs2late Offline
Resident Parrothead

I Root For: East Carolina
I there isnt 25k UCF fans there you should fire your fanbase.
12-02-2012 09:56 PM
TampaKnight Offline
Knight Family

I Root For: The American
$30 is REALLY good. I think I might actually GO!!!!
12-02-2012 09:59 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
st932253 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Knights
There was a black and gold Mizzou game?

Pics?
12-02-2012 10:10 PM
Advertisement

ArmoredUpKnight Online
Heisman

I Root For: UCF Knights
(12-02-2012 09:42 PM)Kruciff Wrote:  
(12-02-2012 09:40 PM)TampaKnight Wrote:  Signed up as a 'maybe'.

We are gonna push for the $30 lower bowl tickets. Uppers are $20

Ticket Prices & Locations:
Reserved: $55 (100 & 200 level sections)
Reserved: $35 (300 level sections UCF Student: $20
UCF Student Guest Ticket: $35
12-02-2012 10:14 PM
ArmoredUpKnight Online
Heisman

I did the 300 level for Rutgers game. It was terrible, stadium simply isn't designed to watch football in.

The $20 difference is a huge difference in the experience. Go for the lower level and pay a little more. In the grand scheme of things, I would have spent more on gas going to Liberty Bowl.
12-02-2012 10:19 PM
Kruciff Offline
Old Man from scene 24

(12-02-2012 10:10 PM)st932253 Wrote:  There was a black and gold Mizzou game?

Pics?

Ya it didn't really work out. The 12:00 kickoff and 95 degree weather killed the idea. Everyone was b!tching about the heat.

Granted, I still have a sun tan from that game.
12-02-2012 10:32 PM
Goldenbuc Offline
1st String

I Root For: UCF
(12-02-2012 09:56 PM)200yrs2late Wrote:  I there isnt 25k UCF fans there you should fire your fanbase.

Not going to happen. Maybe 5k. UCF fans are so upset with GOL and appealing the post season ban this year with this as a result. The appeal is not gonna pass and we'll now have to take the post season ban next year, in our first and only BCS AQ season. Not to mention that it's on a weekday and against Ball St. People would rather spend their money, elsewhere for the holidays. We sold out the last time we played there in 2009, but it was vs. Rutgers and on a Saturday, instead of a weekday. Fan apathy at an all-time high, right now.

I remember when USF played there in 2007 and got Memphis. They barely bought 5k, themselves and that's their home town.
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2012 01:37 PM by Goldenbuc.)
12-03-2012 01:35 PM
jaredf29 Offline
Smiter of Trolls

(12-02-2012 09:56 PM)200yrs2late Wrote:  I there isnt 25k UCF fans there you should fire your fanbase.

Or our coach
12-03-2012 01:48 PM
Advertisement

200yrs2late Offline
Resident Parrothead

(12-03-2012 01:35 PM)Goldenbuc Wrote:  

Not going to happen. Maybe 5k. UCF fans are so upset with GOL and appealing the post season ban this year with this as a result. The appeal is not gonna pass and we'll now have to take the post season ban next year, in our first and only BCS AQ season. Not to mention that it's on a weekday and against Ball St. People would rather spend their money, elsewhere for the holidays. We sold out the last time we played there in 2009, but it was vs. Rutgers and on a Saturday, instead of a weekday. Fan apathy at an all-time high, right now.

I remember when USF played there in 2007 and got Memphis. They barely bought 5k, themselves and that's their home town.

Gator-knights and Nole-knights too excited about UF and FSU to pay attention? 05-stirthepot
12-03-2012 01:51 PM
b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

I Root For: ECU

Yeah that appeal didn't pay off in the least. Although not the exact same circumstances this is a lot like Ohio State and UNC not self imposing bowl bans last year when they had mediocre seasons. It cost OSU a national title shot and UNC an ACC title birth.
12-03-2012 01:55 PM
knightastic Offline
1st String

taking away the student section and UCF rarely had 25K other fans On Campus...no way you're going to get that for a bowl game vs the MAC in a bad baseball stadium. Too many fans are through with UCF for now
12-03-2012 03:09 PM
jaredf29 Offline
Smiter of Trolls

We gambled and lost. It's that simple. Our coach constantly alienates fans, blames players, has alternating winning years, doesn't adapt well to adversity, plays boring football, and then has the audacity to say the fans are a problem. People are tired of years of this, hence the declining attendance and fan apathy. It's unfortunate cause we want to establish traditions some of you have already.
12-04-2012 03:00 AM
200yrs2late Offline
Resident Parrothead

(12-04-2012 03:00 AM)jaredf29 Wrote:  We gambled and lost. It's that simple. Our coach constantly alienates fans, blames players, has alternating winning years, doesn't adapt well to adversity, plays boring football, and then has the audacity to say the fans are a problem. People are tired of years of this, hence the declining attendance and fan apathy. It's unfortunate cause we want to establish traditions some of you have already.

Bad/boring coaches are part of it. The biggest thing causing this apathy is the fanbase itself. There isn't a large number of fans that have ben following UCF football for 40+ years (obviously) and therefore there isn't a group that understands what being a long-time fan means. the JT years sucked at ECU, but 30k+ still went to the games more often than not. The Holtz years were extremely frustrating. World-class Superbowl winning defensive line, great secondary, and the worlds most risk-adverse offense. There's no reason 08 and 09 shouldn't have been double digit win seasons. But hey, take what you can get, work through it, and support the kinds that are fortunate enough to play football.

Bottom line is it's a two hour drive to the game. Just go. So what if its a weekday and you might not be able to party? Basketball games are weekenight, wont you go to support UCF at USF if it falls on a Tuesday? The importance of Bowl attendance is greatly undersetimated by most fanbases. Buy the ticket, go to the game and support the kids. If you want take a fire GOL sign. There won't be many people in the stands so chances are it will get on tv.
12-04-2012 08:18 AM
Advertisement

tigerjeb Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

CrappiesDonatorsMemphis Hall of Fame
loved st pete - that stadium is awful for football though. great town though.
12-04-2012 09:39 AM
No Bull Offline
Hall of Famer

Not to mention Ball State is going to beat the crap out of us. They are a superior team...by a long shot.
(This post was last modified: 12-04-2012 09:52 AM by No Bull.)
12-04-2012 09:52 AM
jaredf29 Offline
Smiter of Trolls

(12-04-2012 08:18 AM)200yrs2late Wrote:  
(12-04-2012 03:00 AM)jaredf29 Wrote:  We gambled and lost. It's that simple. Our coach constantly alienates fans, blames players, has alternating winning years, doesn't adapt well to adversity, plays boring football, and then has the audacity to say the fans are a problem. People are tired of years of this, hence the declining attendance and fan apathy. It's unfortunate cause we want to establish traditions some of you have already.

Bad/boring coaches are part of it. The biggest thing causing this apathy is the fanbase itself. There isn't a large number of fans that have ben following UCF football for 40+ years (obviously) and therefore there isn't a group that understands what being a long-time fan means. the JT years sucked at ECU, but 30k+ still went to the games more often than not. The Holtz years were extremely frustrating. World-class Superbowl winning defensive line, great secondary, and the worlds most risk-adverse offense. There's no reason 08 and 09 shouldn't have been double digit win seasons. But hey, take what you can get, work through it, and support the kinds that are fortunate enough to play football.

Bottom line is it's a two hour drive to the game. Just go. So what if its a weekday and you might not be able to party? Basketball games are weekenight, wont you go to support UCF at USF if it falls on a Tuesday? The importance of Bowl attendance is greatly undersetimated by most fanbases. Buy the ticket, go to the game and support the kids. If you want take a fire GOL sign. There won't be many people in the stands so chances are it will get on tv.

You're right. We've been trying to establish something but we need consistency to do it. We don't expect to bcs bust or win championships every year, but one year on and one off totally kills momentum. Since we're such a new school we don't have too many of those beloved old folks that go to every game yet. I'd still go to the game despite all of it unfortunately it's a five hour flight and not a two hour drive. If I could I'd arrange a full on banner big enough to see on tv that said fire GOL.
12-04-2012 07:04 PM
hardw0od Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: FIU
UCF should take a fair amount of people. FIU had ~ 10,000 in the stands at the game. It was against a good opponent in Marshall who also took about 10,000 to the game. If FIU can get that kind of support the Knights will surely get it as well, even if it is against Ball St.
12-04-2012 10:49 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.