UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Bowl News
WesternBlazer Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB
Exclamation Bowl News
BBVA Compass: Pitt vs Ole Miss; 3rd straight time in BHam for Pitt

LaTech not going to bowl; turned down Independence because they didn't want to play Louisiana-Monroe - bad blood;

MTSU also not going bowling;
(This post was last modified: 12-02-2012 07:27 PM by WesternBlazer.)
12-02-2012 07:23 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
RE: Bowl News
Good for LA Tech. Bout time someone started standing up to these meaningless exhibition games.
12-02-2012 07:25 PM
Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

I Root For: Dragons

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
The next one UAB gets invited to won't be meaningless to me.

Here's hoping it's not in Hawaii on Christmas Eve.
12-02-2012 07:27 PM
WesternBlazer Offline
Hall of Famer

Bruce Feldman ‏@BFeldmanCBS
LaTech AD tells me not going to a bowl had nothing to do with ULM. LT wanted to vet Liberty & Heart/Dallas ops & Indep. Bowl wouldn't wait
12-02-2012 07:32 PM
Advertisement

KevMo4UAB Offline
#FreeUAB

(12-02-2012 07:23 PM)WesternBlazer Wrote:  BBVA Compass: Pitt vs Ole Miss; 3rd straight time in BHam for Pitt

LaTech not going to bowl; turned down Independence because they didn't want to play Louisiana-Monroe - bad blood;

Pitt should just give up football. Three straight years their "reward" is Legion Field. Hang up the cleats!
12-02-2012 10:39 PM
uab278 Offline
All American

(12-02-2012 10:39 PM)KevMo4UAB Wrote:  
(12-02-2012 07:23 PM)WesternBlazer Wrote:  BBVA Compass: Pitt vs Ole Miss; 3rd straight time in BHam for Pitt

Pitt should just give up football. Three straight years their "reward" is Legion Field. Hang up the cleats!

Yet Pitt gets an invite to the ACC...
12-02-2012 10:53 PM
uab278 Offline
All American

(12-02-2012 07:32 PM)WesternBlazer Wrote:  Bruce Feldman ‏@BFeldmanCBS
LaTech AD tells me not going to a bowl had nothing to do with ULM. LT wanted to vet Liberty & Heart/Dallas ops & Indep. Bowl wouldn't wait

LaTech got screwed. I do not blame them for waiting on the other bowls. You know a 6 - 7 Georgia Tech is getting to play a year after the NCAA said they were not going to allow that starting this year. I don't care that Miami put themselves on probation. If you league cheats then either do not play the championship game or go take your beating. I mean Tech could have turned down the game.
12-02-2012 10:55 PM
Advertisement

BAMANBLAZERFAN Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB & Bama

BlazerTalk Award
Yes, there are "irrelevent bowls" and they start with all BCS bowls except the BCS NC Bowl and extend from there through all other bowls varying only in degree of that quality. Since all but about 6 teams (they must LOSE their favored spot before any other team can hope to get one) are excluded from the BCS NC game every year before the season even starts, there is no use in degrading the other bowls. They are all the rest of us have to play for each year.

As long as the bowls pay out to the conferences and the AQ conferences dominate the biggest of these (last year NO NON-BCS team played in one at all), there will continue to be a degrading of overall quality among the nonBCS conferences (who are still being stripped of their better teams who want a share of that pie) to the benefit of the increasingly FEW schools whose income allows them to operate at a profit. If the present payout system is not altered, many more schools may be driven out of scholarship football by the end of the decade.As schools like Bama have shown, it takes many tens of millions of $s ANNUALLY to play in their "neighborhood".
12-02-2012 10:59 PM
Marathon Blazer Offline
Heisman

The odd thing about this being Pitt's 3rd time in Birmingham, is that it's their first time to not have an interim head coach in this bowl. That is, of course, unless Chryst gets hired somewhere... 05-stirthepot
12-02-2012 11:01 PM
the_blazerman Offline
Legend

I have never seen so much twitter chatter about bowl games or lack of invites concerning La Tech, WKU, & MTSU.

I also am wondering what the deal is with NIU & its bid.

Was it some type of olive branch offering to soften the blow for the onslaught that is coming?
12-03-2012 09:05 AM
Advertisement

the Dragon Offline
Heisman

(12-03-2012 09:05 AM)the_blazerman Wrote:  I have never seen so much twitter chatter about bowl games or lack of invites concerning La Tech, WKU, & MTSU.

I also am wondering what the deal is with NIU & its bid.

Was it some type of olive branch offering to soften the blow for the onslaught that is coming?

I think NIU had to be selected by rule. If a non AQ team is ranked #16 or higher in the final BCS standing and is ranked ahead of at least one AQ champion, then they MUST be selected. NIU is actually ranked ahead of TWO AQ champions - Wisconsin and Louisville.
12-03-2012 09:19 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BlazerPhil Offline
Administrator of Comedy

I Root For: Birmingham U.
Folding@NCAAbbs
Can you imagine being a rising Senior on the Pitt squad in the Spring when the coach starts talking about commitment and a going to a bowl game ? It's going to be pretty hard to keep a straight face.
12-03-2012 09:24 AM
Matrix Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB, N'Western
(12-02-2012 07:27 PM)Smaug Wrote:  The next one UAB gets invited to won't be meaningless to me.

Here's hoping it's not in Hawaii on Christmas Eve.

Hear, hear! I heard Shreveport's lovely this time of year!03-lmfao
12-03-2012 03:03 PM
Marathon Blazer Offline
Heisman

(12-02-2012 11:01 PM)Marathon Blazer Wrote:  The odd thing about this being Pitt's 3rd time in Birmingham, is that it's their first time to not have an interim head coach in this bowl. That is, of course, unless Chryst gets hired somewhere... 05-stirthepot

I was just kidding with that last statement, but it looks like Chryst will be one of the top candidates for the Wisconsin job.
12-04-2012 06:16 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.