UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Here is Slime Solomon's Article
the_blazerman Offline
Legend

I Root For: UAB
Here is Slime Solomon's Article
(This post was last modified: 11-19-2012 10:05 PM by blazerjay.)
11-19-2012 08:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
RE: OT: Here is Slime Solomon's Article
How is this OT?

Very UAB related, and sadly very factual.
11-19-2012 08:44 PM
scales Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: U A B
The truth often hurts. It's time that we own it and do what we can to correct the trend.
11-19-2012 08:44 PM
BlazeN'Bham Offline
All American

I think all of the attendance announcements are false.
11-19-2012 08:45 PM
Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
I love how Mackin is making excuses and talking about not counting games toward the average. Hey, Brian, face facts and quit making excuses.
11-19-2012 08:45 PM
blazertke Offline
1st String

Wins provide for better attendance, bottom line. I think we'll get there eventually.
11-19-2012 08:46 PM
Advertisement

BlazerPhil Offline
Administrator of Comedy

I Root For: Birmingham U.
Folding@NCAAbbs
Click Solomon's articles only if you want him to keep his job. It is nearing the end of the month and he has a comment count quota to fill. Kicking the dog always gets a response.
(This post was last modified: 11-19-2012 08:48 PM by BlazerPhil.)
11-19-2012 08:48 PM
the_blazerman Offline
Legend

He was fishing for info Saturday. Kind of like the guy begging for money for food.
11-19-2012 08:49 PM
UABFRENCHY Offline
Heisman

Donators
i hope so but I am tired of legion fields
We need to play somewhere else next year
I don t care if we play at the soccer field with standing only ....
11-19-2012 08:49 PM
Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

I Root For: Dragons

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
Nobody's disputing that it's the truth.

The problem is with Solomon's fixation with it. No other school he writes about gets their attendance mentioned.

UAB's attendance is a problem. Everyone knows it's a problem. Harping on it, while giving other schools a pass is what makes him a punk.
11-19-2012 09:00 PM
BeliefBlazer Offline
Super Moderator

DonatorsDonators
OT: Here is Slime Solomon's Article
Well, I guess I can stop using the turnstile count defense. Turns out we do estimate. Sometimes under, sometimes over.
(This post was last modified: 11-19-2012 09:09 PM by BeliefBlazer.)
11-19-2012 09:09 PM
Advertisement

Uncle BLAZER Offline
Hired Gun

I Root For: The Real GSU
F loserman. I didn't click the link-u already know what he's gonna say. F him. He's no better than slimebaum. We all know it's true but are the choir getting preached to.
11-19-2012 09:15 PM
Blazer86 Offline
1st String

(11-19-2012 09:00 PM)Smaug Wrote:  Nobody's disputing that it's the truth.

The problem is with Solomon's fixation with it. No other school he writes about gets their attendance mentioned.

UAB's attendance is a problem. Everyone knows it's a problem. Harping on it, while giving other schools a pass is what makes him a punk.

This +100. Plus my perception is that if there is a negative article to be written about UAB Athletics, this guy is usually sniffing around it.
11-19-2012 09:30 PM
BlazerPhil Offline
Administrator of Comedy

I Root For: Birmingham U.
Folding@NCAAbbs
(11-19-2012 08:49 PM)the_blazerman Wrote:  He was fishing for info Saturday. Kind of like the guy begging for money for food.

Damn, I didn't know he was at the game. I would have bought him half a dozen Legion Dogs.
11-19-2012 09:34 PM
the_blazerman Offline
Legend

On twitter.
11-19-2012 09:36 PM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
RE: Here is Slime Solomon's Article
You could see that coming a mile away.
11-19-2012 10:57 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

The hot dogs are actually very good. Maybe more people would come if they knew it.
11-19-2012 11:01 PM
TheGORILLA Offline
1st String

Quotes from Athletic Director

"We knew it was going to take time for (UAB coach) Garrick McGee to come in and implement his system and recruit his players," UAB Athletics Director Brian Mackin said. "But I think we have one of the best young coaches in America as our head coach, and as we achieve success, we should see our attendance numbers increase."

"The trustees definitely wanted to see community support and student support, and the first step in that was to hire a coach that could build our program," Mackin said. "I feel we've done that with Garrick McGee. I feel very good about it."

I disagree with Brians assessment of why attendance figures are low, and I disagree with Brians assessment that the first step is to hire a coach that could implement a system and recruit his players and build a program, and I don't feel very good about any of it.

My assessment is that the first step is to "build an on campus stadium" SO THAT a new coach can much more effectively RECRUIT BETTER PLAYERS.

Also I believe that a new on campus stadium will ATTRACT A MUCH LARGER FAN BASE.

But, I don't blame Brian for not further challenging The Board of Trustees. After all, they are his employer. He has no choice but to be somewhat agreeable with them.

Unfortunately, without an on campus stadium, no coach is going to be capable of effectively recruiting players, or attracting a larger fan base.

With "a new stadium", the sky is the limit.

Without "a new stadium", the progress of UAB Football has reached it's limit. That is obvious to all of us.

The first step, and the key to success...

[Image: uabstadium.jpg]
11-20-2012 08:29 AM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
I want and OCS as bad as anyone here. More than most of you know. That said, that nice shiny stadium won't do any good unless UAB wins consistently on the football field. Will attendance automatically increase? Sure it will for a brief spike and it will go right back to where it is if UAB continues to win only two to four games a year. I wish the OCS was approved last go around but it was not. We were challenged with doing two things. Increase our donor base and increase attendance. Until we do both we will not sniff an OCS unless one of us hits the Power Ball. If anyone out there has a plan for building an OCS before we accomplish the goals set before us please feel free to present it.
11-20-2012 08:53 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Memphis Blazer Offline
Nambie Pambie

I Root For:

(11-20-2012 08:29 AM)TheGORILLA Wrote:  Quotes from Athletic Director

"We knew it was going to take time for (UAB coach) Garrick McGee to come in and implement his system and recruit his players," UAB Athletics Director Brian Mackin said. "But I think we have one of the best young coaches in America as our head coach, and as we achieve success, we should see our attendance numbers increase."

"The trustees definitely wanted to see community support and student support, and the first step in that was to hire a coach that could build our program," Mackin said. "I feel we've done that with Garrick McGee. I feel very good about it."

I disagree with Brians assessment of why attendance figures are low, and I disagree with Brians assessment that the first step is to hire a coach that could implement a system and recruit his players and build a program, and I don't feel very good about any of it.

My assessment is that the first step is to "build an on campus stadium" SO THAT a new coach can much more effectively RECRUIT BETTER PLAYERS.

Also I believe that a new on campus stadium will ATTRACT A MUCH LARGER FAN BASE.

But, I don't blame Brian for not further challenging The Board of Trustees. After all, they are his employer. He has no choice but to be somewhat agreeable with them.

Unfortunately, without an on campus stadium, no coach is going to be capable of effectively recruiting players, or attracting a larger fan base.

With "a new stadium", the sky is the limit.

Without "a new stadium", the progress of UAB Football has reached it's limit. That is obvious to all of us.

The first step, and the key to success...

[Image: uabstadium.jpg]

If I recall correctly, Mackin tried to do what you suggested...build a stadium first. In case you missed it, it didn't work. The plan failed.

Why can you not get it thru your tiny little brain that it is not Mackin holding the stadium back.
11-20-2012 08:55 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.