Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Man, how good has Titus Rubles been?
Bookmark and Share
JFlight21 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Cincinnati
Man, how good has Titus Rubles been?
I know it has only been two games against overmatched opponents but I thought Rubles deserved his own thread. When was the last time UC had a wing that did this many things effectively? He can drive, shoot, pass, rebound and defend multiple positions. Having a player at the 4 spot (as opposed to Jackson) that can actually pull the defender behind the 3-pont line and beat him of bounce will do wonders will this offense. What a matchup problem.

11-14-2012 09:04 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Beelzebubba Offline
2nd String

RE: Man, how good has Titus Rubles been?
Yeah, he has been impressive thus far. He's only getting started too. I was weary with all of the hype surrounding him, but hopefully he'll prove me wrong. Stokes was the last wing that I can remember who had all of those traits.

11-14-2012 09:11 AM
BigDawg Offline
All American

Donators
I had tempered expectations since we've heard this tap dance before, but I think he would have exceeded my expectations had I not tempered them. He looks like the real deal and will allow Mick to really mix it up. If we needed to go big, he could play the 3, or heck even the 2 in a pinch and really allow some serious lineup shuffling (We saw it yesterday some). Heck you could probably put him at the 5 if you wanted to run a crazy fast lineup.

I think Mick is going to play all sorts of different configurations to try and give opponents a ton to think about down the road. My excitement continues to build.

11-14-2012 09:12 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JunctaJuvant Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: X-mas Cookies
My favorite thing about him is now maybe Mick and force other teams to adjust to our style of play. Since he has been here, it seems as if Mick has had to put out a line up that "matches up well" with the other teams strengths. Guys like Titus Rubles give us that flexibility where we can play our style no matter what.

11-14-2012 09:17 AM
uchoops Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(11-14-2012 09:17 AM)JunctaJuvant Wrote:  My favorite thing about him is now maybe Mick and force other teams to adjust to our style of play. Since he has been here, it seems as if Mick has had to put out a line up that "matches up well" with the other teams strengths. Guys like Titus Rubles give us that flexibility where we can play our style no matter what.

Titius reminds of of Pete Mickeal...

11-14-2012 09:48 AM
subflea Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Free Thinking

DonatorsFolding@NCAAbbsFolding@NCAAbbs
I thought something this team was missing was a 6-7 or 6-8 athletic wing type of player that causes opposition tons of matchup problems, a Deshaun Thomas sort of player. I thought Shaq Thomas was going to be the guy who filled that sort of role, but now it looks like Rubles is that guy.

11-14-2012 10:10 AM
Advertisement

Bearcat_Bounce Offline
God Like Summoner

I Root For: Winners
Game 1: 8 points, 7 rebounds, 4 assists
Game 2: 8 points, 7 rebounds, 5 assists and 2 blocks

Stat sheet stuffer.

11-14-2012 10:21 AM
BearcatMan Online
Kicking Connoisseur/Occasional Man Crush

(11-14-2012 10:10 AM)subflea Wrote:  I thought something this team was missing was a 6-7 or 6-8 athletic wing type of player that causes opposition tons of matchup problems, a Deshaun Thomas sort of player. I thought Shaq Thomas was going to be the guy who filled that sort of role, but now it looks like Rubles is that guy.

Its funny you mention Deshaun Thomas. I was talking to few co-workers this morning, and we all were wondering how different that OSU game would've been last year with Rubles on the court. The main problem with Jackson is his offensive ineptitude. With very few exceptions, he basically gives his opposing counterpart a rest period every offensive set, and I think that is something else Rubles will bring. Cant wait to see him progress throughout the season.

11-14-2012 10:39 AM
Eastside_J Away
Impressing Jodie Foster

I Root For: Cincinnati.
Donators
(11-14-2012 10:10 AM)subflea Wrote:  I thought something this team was missing was a 6-7 or 6-8 athletic wing type of player that causes opposition tons of matchup problems, a Deshaun Thomas sort of player. I thought Shaq Thomas was going to be the guy who filled that sort of role, but now it looks like Rubles is that guy.

I think Shaq Thomas could do that for us in a year or two - he is just nowhere near as developed a player as Rubles.

Rubles plays like a guy who has maturity and confidence and he looks like he stepped off an NBA court. Shaq T. looks like a developing college player with upside.

11-14-2012 10:53 AM
icehole3 Offline
All American

I Root For:
I think Shaq is coming along well, if Cronin gives him the same rope as Rubles, I think Shaq can make an impact this year. Seeing him slam a baseline drive reminded me a little of Levitt.

(This post was last modified: 11-14-2012 12:17 PM by icehole3.)
11-14-2012 12:17 PM
Bearcat_Bounce Offline
God Like Summoner

I Root For: Winners
Thomas has a ways to go, looks like he is thinking way too much rather than just reacting. He still gets lost on defense, nearly every possession. I think we are a year away from meaningful contributions.

11-14-2012 12:19 PM
Advertisement

Eastside_J Away
Impressing Jodie Foster

I Root For: Cincinnati.
Donators
(11-14-2012 12:17 PM)icehole3 Wrote:  I think Shaq is coming along well, if Cronin gives him the same rope as Rubles, I think Shaq can make an impact this year. Seeing him slam a baseline drive reminded me a little of Levitt.

I think Shaq can help this year. He should keep improving as he gains experience and game minutes. I am really hoping we can continue to get up early and stay on top of teams so that Mick can continue to get guys like Shaq plenty of minutes.

I think Rubles could be huge this year. He does everything and is a nightmare to matchup with. And so far looks like he can play under control, make few mistakes.

11-14-2012 12:33 PM
rath v2.0 Online
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
I got some grief when I passed along that a short Irish guy at Salem Gardens told me Titus was going to be special.

The way he dishes out dimes for a big is crazygonuts.

11-14-2012 02:09 PM
BearcatBeta Offline
All American

I Root For: $ in my mailbox
(11-14-2012 02:09 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  I got some grief when I passed along that a short Irish guy at Salem Gardens told me Titus was going to be special.

The way he dishes out dimes for a big is crazygonuts.

I like his potential, but I'll reserve "special" until we
venture into BE play and beyond.

11-14-2012 02:49 PM
Bearcat04 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: The CATS
(11-14-2012 10:21 AM)Bearcat_Bounce Wrote:  Game 2: 8 points, 7 rebounds, 5 assists and 2 blocks

He was sick last night too. When Mick mentioned that in the press conference it took me a minute to realize that he actually meant "ill."

11-14-2012 02:51 PM
UCbball21 Offline
All American

Titus Rubles has been outstanding in nearly every aspect of the game thus far albeit against weak competition. A lot remains unknown until the Bearcats begin to play better competition but so far so good.

11-14-2012 03:43 PM
Advertisement

BeerCat Offline
Terminally Chill

I Root For: Who's playin uk
(11-14-2012 12:19 PM)Bearcat_Bounce Wrote:  Thomas has a ways to go, looks like he is thinking way too much rather than just reacting. He still gets lost on defense, nearly every possession. I think we are a year away from meaningful contributions.

This. In addition o having having to adjust from high school, he didn't play at real college game speed at all last year. It's an adjustment even against the level of competition so far.

11-14-2012 05:31 PM
b Away
Greatest of All Time

I Root For: YO MOMMA!!

Donators
(11-14-2012 09:48 AM)uchoops Wrote:  
(11-14-2012 09:17 AM)JunctaJuvant Wrote:  My favorite thing about him is now maybe Mick and force other teams to adjust to our style of play. Since he has been here, it seems as if Mick has had to put out a line up that "matches up well" with the other teams strengths. Guys like Titus Rubles give us that flexibility where we can play our style no matter what.

Reminds me of rudy gay

11-14-2012 09:39 PM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
we have guys who cause matchup problems...Rubles and Parker esp

11-14-2012 10:23 PM
Bearcat04 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: The CATS
(11-14-2012 09:39 PM)b Wrote:  
(11-14-2012 09:48 AM)uchoops Wrote:  

Reminds me of rudy gay

Not bad, b. I can't help but think Jeff Green too. He has that offensive assuredness that you want in a skilled wing.

11-15-2012 02:38 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.