Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

coach O fears Deangelo
Bookmark and Share
hbengal Offline
Banned

I Root For: Memphis

I remember the press conference when big head coach O said"we will stop the run"
looks like he will get his chance on Labor Day.talk is cheap coach.I will be there with
my "wife beater"on enjoying the show (and the start of Deangelo's Heisman drive)
A lower rung SEC school in turmoil should be just what the doctor ordered.
HEY REB FANS :arse:
01-15-2005 09:39 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

NewspaperRebel Offline
Former Righter

I Root For: Ole Miss

Coach O will be coming to Memphis this fall to hand you tiggers your heads. Bank on it!

You're not playing Klutzcilffe anymore! :wave:
01-17-2005 07:44 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
EtolonelColonel Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

hbengal Wrote:I remember the press conference when big head coach O said"we will stop the run"
looks like he will get his chance on Labor Day.talk is cheap coach.I will be there with
my "wife beater"on enjoying the show (and the start of Deangelo's Heisman drive)
I'd say your IQ is around 60.

So, beating a bottom-rung SEC school in turmoil is "just what the doctor ordered" to secure Deangelo's "Heisman drive?" Interesting theory.

At least you finally recogize that we are bottom rung. The last two years, y'all (including Tommy West) hilariously acted like y'all had beat USC.
01-17-2005 11:45 AM
Advertisement

EtolonelColonel Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

After we beat the Citadel, Robert Lane will be a shoe-in for the Heisman!
01-17-2005 12:30 PM
WizardRebel Offline
All American

I Root For: Ole Miss

hbengal Wrote:I remember the press conference when big head coach O said"we will stop the run"
DeAngelo is a great player, but who else do you have these days? Our team will be fired up and have a new attitude. Robert Lane will make JLD's defense look like shaving cream, and you no longer have Wimprine. I wouldn't be expecting the 3-peat if I were you.

Now, go out and play on the freeway little boy.

WR
01-17-2005 01:27 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

10MAN Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

And I remember the press conference after y'all's bowl game that you loss to Bowling Green :rolleyes: where DeAngelo Williams was crying like a 3-year old baby. Y'all have made a huge deal out of Williams sticking around for his final year, well guess what? He broke his leg in the bowl game, moron, he doesn't have much of a choice, now does he? He is a lame duck right now, according to the NFL, dumba$$.

Your post is about as idiotic as your DeAngelo's Heisman campaign accusation. You are a typical Tiger High fan.....living in a hoop dream. Speaking of hoops, how's your basketball team doing?

Funny....that lower rung SEC school owns you. You do have one thing right, "talk is cheap", and you Memphis State fans are the cheapest MFs in the college world. Now run along, Alice.
01-17-2005 01:58 PM
rebel4life Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

i live in memphis and go to ole miss, but memphis will have some talent besides williams...the qb will be a freshman will hudgens who i went to school with and has a real good arm but he is a freshman...they have some really talented receivers that were redshirted last year....but all in all deangelo will be the gamebreaker for them...ole miss i think will win the game but it will be close
01-17-2005 02:57 PM
Advertisement

EtolonelColonel Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

That's the difference between Ole Miss fans and Memphis State fans. You actually listen/watch our press conferences with great anticipation. We wouldn't pay attention to a Memphis State press conference if it were being held in our kitchen.

I'd watch "Midsouth Wrestling" and "Dick William's Magicland" before I'd care enough to watch a Memphis State press conference.
01-17-2005 05:22 PM
egrizzard Offline
What?

I Root For: Memphis!!!

Sorry for the dip!@#$ post by this Memphis fan. it was uncalled for and did not make much sense. I tried to pm USMC to delete it before this got ugly--too late I guess.

I expect Ole Miss to be better next year , and I expect us to be a little down from what we were.

Deangelo is a great player and will make noise. he will not win the Heisman because we are not a top tier (Big Name Conf) school. He was crying because he is such a competitor and he thought that might be his last game. To make fun of him for that shows you have no understanding of how intense a person he is. Losing ,to DW, is just not acceptable. Every fan of their program shoould wish all their players were that competitive.

I am excited about the game and think it will be close again. I think Byrne will be the QB myself, he has been groomed for this, but I hope Hudgens will push him.

In all seriousness, if ya'll are planning on going to the game,and I hope you are, buy your tickets early. the days of walk up sales are coming to an end at Memphis. the excitement has never been higher. With the game on ESPN and Labor Day combined, I expect a huge, wild crowd.

We'll see--good luck and congrats on Oher. I have seen that kid play and I wish we would have got him. If he stays healthy, he'll be the real deal.
01-17-2005 05:37 PM
Advertisement

REBstill Offline
All American

I Root For:

From what I have seen from our new coach, (even prior to becoming or Head Coach) I doubt very seriously that he "fears" DeAngelo or anyone else in the Memphis State program.

He looks more like a player than a coach...having said that, he looks more like a football coach than any other coach in the SEC or CUSA. Regardless of his appearance, he will have us more prepared that we have been in the past 15 years.
01-17-2005 07:22 PM
Rebel_Rx Offline
All American

I Root For:
Crappies

EtolonelColonel Wrote:I'd watch "Midsouth Wrestling" and "Dick William's Magicland" before I'd care enough to watch a Memphis State press conference.
AMEN!!

And, Magicland...NOW that's a throw back. I was on that program back in the day not once but TWICE. Guess that gives my age away but that was a great piece of entertainment.
01-30-2005 08:16 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.