Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The Ted
bit_9 Offline

I Root For: ODU
MyBB The Ted
Did any of you visit Norfolk for the tourney? The game will be televised today for our match up and look forward to our first taste of future CUSA foe's! I think I read channel 2 today at 2:00 pm est in San Antonio.

Good luck!
11-11-2012 06:50 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ODUCUSA2013 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: ODU
RE: The Ted
Going to be a very intriguing match-up this afternoon between future CUSA rivals. IMO looking at the rest of the Monarchs OOC schdule I say this is going to be the most intriguing OOC opponent considering next year we'll be conference rivals.
11-11-2012 09:40 AM
AdoptedMonarch Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
Welcome to Norfolk, Roadrunners, either in person or via media transmission.

Here's to the start of a terrific rivalry -- and a great reason for future visits to one of my favorite cities, San Antonio.
11-11-2012 09:43 AM
Old Dominion Online
Heisman

My daughter is a student at UTSA in the Physician Assistant program. Been to San Antonio 2x, loved it both times. Anybody know a real Texas dry rub barbecue store that ships? I've tried Rudy's and loved it, want to try someone else.
Welcome to The Ted and good luck today. Look forward to developing a nice rivalry.

Not much action on this board. Do Roadrunners post on some other board?
(This post was last modified: 11-11-2012 11:41 AM by Old Dominion.)
11-11-2012 11:38 AM
Advertisement

CalallenStang Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: SMU Mustangs
The Ted
(11-11-2012 11:38 AM)Old Dominion Wrote:  My daughter is a student at UTSA in the Physician Assistant program. Been to San Antonio 2x, loved it both times. Anybody know a real Texas dry rub barbecue store that ships? I've tried Rudy's and loved it, want to try someone else.
Welcome to The Ted and good luck today. Look forward to developing a nice rivalry.

Try Kreuz Market or Smitty's Market. Don't know if they ship (the BBQ or the rub), but next time you are in Texas, do yourself a favor and drive out to Lockhart and try those.

And whatever you do, DO NOT ask for BBQ sauce at either place.
11-11-2012 11:49 AM
UTSAMarineVet09 Offline
Corporal of the Board.

I Root For: UTSA
Re: RE: The Ted
(11-11-2012 11:38 AM)Old Dominion Wrote:  My daughter is a student at UTSA in the Physician Assistant program. Been to San Antonio 2x, loved it both times. Anybody know a real Texas dry rub barbecue store that ships? I've tried Rudy's and loved it, want to try someone else.

You can try http://www.rowdytalk.com
Www://cokerchronicles.com
Or http://www.insiderunnersports.com
They all have forums and they all have different types of posters. We haven't migrated fully over here because we are still in the WAC

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2
11-11-2012 12:53 PM
AdoptedMonarch Offline
Heisman

Can't say that I'm happy with the outcome, but will acknowledge that you guys have an impressively quick team (or perhaps we just made you appear that way) and two spectacular shooters in #22 (Burrage) and #11 (Hains).

Thanks for the visit. We owe you a return drubbing on your floor.
11-11-2012 05:00 PM
Advertisement

UTSAMarineVet09 Offline
Corporal of the Board.

This is the most athletic team we have assembled. We only have 3 seniors, so we have most of our team coming back next year.
11-11-2012 05:14 PM
bigblueodu Offline
1st String

We are raw and I think we have the most freshman we have ever had in our program.... but that was a sorry performance.
11-11-2012 08:13 PM
Deuce Offline
2nd String

(11-11-2012 05:00 PM)AdoptedMonarch Wrote:  Can't say that I'm happy with the outcome, but will acknowledge that you guys have an impressively quick team (or perhaps we just made you appear that way) and two spectacular shooters in #22 (Burrage) and #11 (Hains).

Burrage should come into his own this season. He didn't shoot enough last year.

Hale brings a lot of energy to the team and is a good leader. He played well last year, and is on fire to start this season.

Looking forward to conference play next season. 04-cheers
11-11-2012 09:27 PM
Advertisement

Deuce Offline
2nd String

(11-11-2012 11:49 AM)CalallenStang Wrote:  

Try Kreuz Market or Smitty's Market. Don't know if they ship (the BBQ or the rub), but next time you are in Texas, do yourself a favor and drive out to Lockhart and try those.

Kreuz' salt rub is hard to beat. I believe they ship it. Might also try Bolner's fiesta brand.

I usually make my own rub, though, with garlic, coarse salt, spicy paprika and black and red pepper. 04-cheers
11-11-2012 09:32 PM
forerunner Offline
2nd String

Some really nice posts from ODU fans in this thread. Good to hear from y'all.

It wasn't so much on my radar before, but I feel more excited about UTSA vs. ODU conference games after this weekend.
(This post was last modified: 11-12-2012 04:31 AM by forerunner.)
11-12-2012 04:30 AM
paintedblue Offline
All American

Congratulations on the W yesterday. I'm looking forward to many more meetings across all sports in the coming years. Hopefully I can make it down to SA sometime in the near future. Good luck with your season.
11-12-2012 10:09 AM
Advertisement

backrow Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Monarchs!
(11-11-2012 05:00 PM)AdoptedMonarch Wrote:  Can't say that I'm happy with the outcome, but will acknowledge that you guys have an impressively quick team (or perhaps we just made you appear that way) and two spectacular shooters in #22 (Burrage) and #11 (Hains).

AM, yes, yes we do owe the Runners a drubbing. I too am stoked about the C-USA future. I posted a similar thread over in MonarchNation. But, alas, the results are what they are. I'm still hoping for our ODU Monarch smilie over here! And maybe, our posting over here on their boards will spur them to begin to move to this forum!
(This post was last modified: 11-12-2012 10:20 AM by backrow.)
11-12-2012 10:19 AM
slow-runner Offline
Special Teams

The Ted
(11-11-2012 09:32 PM)Deuce Wrote:  
(11-11-2012 11:49 AM)CalallenStang Wrote:  

Kreuz' salt rub is hard to beat. I believe they ship it. Might also try Bolner's fiesta brand.

I usually make my own rub, though, with garlic, coarse salt, spicy paprika and black and red pepper. 04-cheers

Yes the ship!!!!

If you liked Rudy's, Kreuz Market will blow you away.

http://www.kreuzmarket.com/onlinemenu.shtml

There is another place in Lockhart as well but the name escapes me.
11-12-2012 01:19 PM
Old Dominion Online
Heisman

Thanks for all the barbecue tips. Born and raised with Carolina pork barbecue, but I have to say Texas dry rub blows it away. Don't much care for red, sticky, sweet and sour sauce all over meat.
Good game yesterday. Wish we could have put up more of a fight. Hale is the real deal.
11-12-2012 03:31 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.