Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

What is it in minority culture .....
UConn-SMU Offline
often wrong, never in doubt

I Root For: the AAC
What is it in minority culture .....
that leads most of them to reject self-reliance and buy into the idea that they are owed government benefits? Apparently a majority of women feel the same way.

As a white male, this concept seems alien and anti-American to me. I'm trying to understand this because it appears more than 50% of America has a different view of the citizen-government relationship than I do. It's like I'm a foreigner in my own country.
11-07-2012 09:30 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
RE: What is it in minority culture .....
Liberals sell them that mentality in exchange for their vote. It's that simple.
11-07-2012 09:52 PM
nomad2u2001 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
Well to think that you basically say that every minority that votes Democrat doesn't work and is on some sort of government assistance. If it's your perception, it's your reality but there are many, many successful minorities who would refuse to vote R. I think the main motivation for anybody to vote for anyone is absolute hate for the other guy's party.

My family was a Reagan family and they absolutely hate Republicans now because the Rs constantly claim Reagan as their leadership model, just as long as they can revise his legacy.
11-07-2012 10:12 PM
PirateMarv Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-07-2012 09:30 PM)UConn-SMU Wrote:  that leads most of them to reject self-reliance and buy into the idea that they are owed government benefits? Apparently a majority of women feel the same way.

As a white male, this concept seems alien and anti-American to me. I'm trying to understand this because it appears more than 50% of America has a different view of the citizen-government relationship than I do. It's like I'm a foreigner in my own country.

First of all I am going to go out on a limb and say that there is probably not a culture called minority. That just seems kind of obvious to me.

Secondly, I am pretty sure that whites get many more government benefits than all the minorities combined. Stuff like government backed mortgages, small business loans, welfare, guaranteed student loans, etc. It seems like every group gets those benefits and white people get more than any group.

Finally, that concept is not alien to you if you purchased a home with no or low money down, where the government guaranteed your loan.
11-07-2012 10:26 PM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
(11-07-2012 10:26 PM)PirateMarv Wrote:  
(11-07-2012 09:30 PM)UConn-SMU Wrote:  that leads most of them to reject self-reliance and buy into the idea that they are owed government benefits? Apparently a majority of women feel the same way.

First of all I am going to go out on a limb and say that there is probably not a culture called minority. That just seems kind of obvious to me.

Secondly, I am pretty sure that whites get many more government benefits than all the minorities combined. Stuff like government backed mortgages, small business loans, welfare, guaranteed student loans, etc. It seems like every group gets those benefits and white people get more than any group.

Finally, that concept is not alien to you if you purchased a home with no or low money down, where the government guaranteed your loan.

But how many programs do you see specifically for whites? And if what you said is true, it would largely be because there is a higher percentage of whites to utilize those programs.
11-07-2012 10:34 PM
PirateMarv Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-07-2012 10:34 PM)smn1256 Wrote:  

But how many programs do you see specifically for whites? And if what you said is true, it would largely be because there is a higher percentage of whites to utilize those programs.

Welfare. That program was not created for minorities, it was created for White people. Minorities could not even participate in that program until the 60's. That program has been around since at least the 1930's.

Secondly, the largest group to participate in any government program is going to be white.
11-07-2012 10:42 PM
Advertisement

glacier_dropsy Offline
1st String

I Root For: air joiner

Maybe it's all the white males with inflated opinions of themselves that inspires non-white males to vote for anyone but the Republicans.

[Image: tumblr_md1ma4ZDn31r4a47uo1_1280.jpg]
11-07-2012 10:42 PM
UCF08 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCF

[Image: lwdex.jpg]
11-07-2012 10:45 PM
UConn-SMU Offline
often wrong, never in doubt

I Root For: the AAC

Obama's primary goal is to increase government largesse. Everyone knows that. So based on the exit polls, we know that most (not all) white males reject dependency on government. And most (not all) minorities and women have no problem with increasing the cradle-to-grave, nanny state.

Why is that?
(This post was last modified: 11-07-2012 10:47 PM by UConn-SMU.)
11-07-2012 10:47 PM
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: So Alabama, GWU
Maybe minorities vote for the party that doesn't assume that they are all on welfare.
11-07-2012 10:47 PM
PirateMarv Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-07-2012 10:47 PM)UConn-SMU Wrote:  

Obama's primary goal is to increase government largesse. Everyone knows that. So based on the exit polls, we know that most (not all) white males reject dependency on government. And most (not all) minorities and women have no problem with increasing the cradle-to-grave, nanny state.

Why is that?

Where do you get this stuff from? You are pulling stuff out of your rectum and trying to call them facts.
11-07-2012 10:53 PM
Advertisement

nomad2u2001 Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-07-2012 10:47 PM)UConn-SMU Wrote:  

Why is that?

You'd have to ask every section and subsection of every type of minority for that answer. Different reasons abound I guess.
11-07-2012 11:12 PM
nomad2u2001 Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-07-2012 10:47 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  Maybe minorities vote for the party that doesn't assume that they are all on welfare.

Very interesting.
11-07-2012 11:13 PM
UCF08 Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-07-2012 11:13 PM)nomad2u2001 Wrote:  
(11-07-2012 10:47 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  Maybe minorities vote for the party that doesn't assume that they are all on welfare.

Very interesting.

Nah, couldn't be it.
11-07-2012 11:14 PM
PirateMarv Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-07-2012 11:14 PM)UCF08 Wrote:  
(11-07-2012 11:13 PM)nomad2u2001 Wrote:  

Very interesting.

Nah, couldn't be it.

Why that is just crazy thinking.
11-07-2012 11:15 PM
jh Offline
All American

I Root For:
Donators
Yah, all those lazy ass asians sitting around waiting for somebody to provide for them really chap my hide.
11-07-2012 11:15 PM
Advertisement

UCF08 Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-07-2012 11:15 PM)jh Wrote:  Yah, all those lazy ass asians sitting around waiting for somebody to provide for them really chap my hide.

If I'm a hispanic business owner, why the f*ck would I support a party that you do making statements like that?
11-07-2012 11:17 PM
jh Offline
All American

I Root For:
Donators
(11-07-2012 11:17 PM)UCF08 Wrote:  
(11-07-2012 11:15 PM)jh Wrote:  Yah, all those lazy ass asians sitting around waiting for somebody to provide for them really chap my hide.
If I'm a hispanic business owner, why the f*ck would I support a party that you do making statements like that?

Because if you can operate your own business I would expect you to be able to recognize sarcasm.
11-07-2012 11:26 PM
Bearcat_Bounce Offline
God Like Summoner

I Root For: Winners
What a pretentious, garbage post by the OP. To be honest, my family and friends (who are non christian minorites) do not vote GOP because that fringe evangelical portion of the GOP scares them, they are quite frankly very conservative otherwise.
11-07-2012 11:30 PM
UCF08 Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-07-2012 11:26 PM)jh Wrote:  
(11-07-2012 11:17 PM)UCF08 Wrote:  

Because if you can operate your own business I would expect you to be able to recognize sarcasm.

On this board, that post does not come off as sarcastic unfortunately.
11-07-2012 11:32 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.