ODU Monarchs

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The Next Two Games Tell The Tale
ODU AGGIE Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
The Next Two Games Tell The Tale
After losing Saturday, Georgia Southern is 7-2 and plays Howard and the University of Georgia to finish the season. They will finish no better than 8-3, and although the next loss wil be to UGA, I don't expect to see them in the top five at the end of the season.

North Dakota State is 8-1, and has two tough finishing games in South Dakota State (7-2) and Illinois State (8-2). I see one loss possible here, with the Illinois State game on the road. NDS will most likely finish 10-1, but quite possibly could wind up 9-2.

Montana State (8-1) has two easy games left on the schedule with Portland State (3-6) and Montana (5-5). They should finish at 10-1.

Sam Houston State (7-2) plays Northwestern State and Texas A&M. They should beat NWS, but the Aggies will have their way with them. SHS finishes 8-3, but the loss to Texas A&M will not hurt their FCS ranking.

Lehigh just eked out a win over Holy Cross (1-8) to remain undefeated at 9-0. They have Colgate (6-3) and Lafayette (5-4) remaining and stand a good chance of finishing the season at 11-0. If they do, I expect to see them be rewarded and move up to number four. The narrow win over Holy Cross does not help them, but finishing undefeated would be pretty impressive.

JMU is 7-2 with two tough games left on the schedule, traveling to Villanova (6-3: anybody remember them?) taking on the Monarchs at home.

New Hampshire is 8-2 with a bye coming up followed by Towson. A win over Towson gives them a season record of 9-2 and most likely a clear top ten finish.

So, what about our Monarchs? William and Mary (2-7) would like nothing better than to come into Foreman Field and knock off the Monarchs. Don't let the 2-7 record fool you, they will be tough, but the Monarchs should win a close game. That leaves JMU in Harrisonburg to close out the season. This is clearly a winnable game for the Monarchs, but by no means is coming home with a victory going to be a certainty. If the Monarchs win out, they could finish anywhere from No. 1 to No. 4. If they beat W&M but lose to JMU, I see them somewhere between No. 6 and No. 10. If they lose both, it will be hard for them to stay in the top 10.

I see ODU finishing 10-1 and ranked number 2 behind Montana State, moving ahead of SHS while NDS loses to Illinois State and falls to number 5 behind an undefeated Lehigh.

The critical thing now is for this team to not look past W&M to JMU. Take it one game at a time and finish out a super year.

Go Monarchs! Beat the Tribe!
(This post was last modified: 11-04-2012 03:10 PM by ODU AGGIE.)
11-04-2012 03:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

AimHigher Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ODU
RE: The Next Two Games Tell The Tale
[quote='smudge12' pid='8469781' dateline='1352062880']
I don't think MSU will have an easy time with UM, especially considering how much MSU has struggled with "inferior" opponents this season. That's one of the two biggest FCS rivalries in the country and the game is in Missoula...no easy task at all.

2 cents.
[/quote2

Agree
11-04-2012 04:30 PM
Razor Ramon Monarch Offline
Heisman

With our defense, W&M nor JMU will be gimmies. W&M will try and run the ball down our throat and may very well have success doing so.

Just hope we can outscore them as we seem to do to most teams this year so that it really doesn't matter. Hold them to field goals while we kick TD's.

JMU, however, will be tough. They will want that game in the WORST way possible. We can absolutely end the regular season with 1 loss and get a first round bye and also get a seed, but it will NOT be easy.
11-05-2012 02:17 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ODU AGGIE Offline
Heisman

(11-05-2012 02:17 AM)Razor Ramon Monarch Wrote:  With our defense, W&M nor JMU will be gimmies. W&M will try and run the ball down our throat and may very well have success doing so.

Just hope we can outscore them as we seem to do to most teams this year so that it really doesn't matter. Hold them to field goals while we kick TD's.

JMU, however, will be tough. They will want that game in the WORST way possible. We can absolutely end the regular season with 1 loss and get a first round bye and also get a seed, but it will NOT be easy.

You are so right RRM. It is nut-cuttin' time, and the Monarchs have really got to step it up this week and again next week. Priorities have to be: (1) No stupid penalties (false starts, blocking in the back and personal fouls); (2) No lapses on defense or special teams to allow big plays; (3) No turnovers; and (4) Run for at least 150 yards. If they do those things, everything else will take care of itself.
11-05-2012 04:57 PM
bit_9 Offline

I Root For: ODU
Our guys have GOT to keep a cool head and don't have the last say or shove. They will get called and its always the second guy reacting. I'm a skins fan so I don't need to deal with this crap from 2 teams.
(This post was last modified: 11-05-2012 05:21 PM by bit_9.)
11-05-2012 05:21 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.