W Virginia -12½

Saturday November 26, 2005
11:00am Cincinnati
Rutgers -14

3:30pm Syracuse
Louisville -35½

3:30pm South Florida -8½
Connecticut

<a href='http://jimfeist.com/scores/Day8All.htm' target='_blank'>Jim Feist Early Lines</a>
11-20-2005 09:37 PM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

Ice98 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

I think Louisville and Rutgers cover easily
The other two will be closer than spread
11-20-2005 09:39 PM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Athletes First

8:00pm Notre Dame -17½
Stanford
11-20-2005 09:43 PM
Cat's_Claw Offline
All American

I Root For:

That UC/Rutgers game is going to be closer then people realize.
11-20-2005 09:51 PM
brista21 Offline
The Birthplace of College Football

I Root For: Rutgers

Donators

Cat's_Claw Wrote:That UC/Rutgers game is going to be closer then people realize.
Perhaps perhaps not, but you guys are one of the opponents on our payback tour. 1992 seems awfully familiar. You're a traditional opponent its good to see you back on the schedule and finally home in the Big East, but this year is our time.
11-20-2005 10:24 PM
Advertisement

BullsFanatic Offline
1st String

I Root For: USF

Cincinnati definently beats the spread...they are better than people think. They're very young, and great coaching has improved them over the season.
If Rutgers plays like they have the past 2 games, UC will win somewhat easy.
11-20-2005 10:41 PM
Ice98 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

Rutgers should be ready to get that bad taste of the Louisville game out of their mouth so, there will be no sneaking up on them and they are at home too where they have played pretty well this season.......I'll take Rutgers and give the points in this one
11-20-2005 10:44 PM
Ring of Black Offline
Official Person to Blame

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats

BullsFanatic Wrote:Cincinnati definently beats the spread...they are better than people think. They're very young, and great coaching has improved them over the season.
If Rutgers plays like they have the past 2 games, UC will win somewhat easy.
Well, we also need to play PERFECTLY, given that scenario. No stupid mistakes like the ones that unraveled us vs. you guys yesterday. We're an improving team no doubt, but still no margin for error.

If we can get a +2 or +3 in TO's, we will beat RU. But, we can't afford anything less than that.
11-20-2005 10:55 PM
wvucrazed Offline
Heisman

I Root For: West Virginia

12.5 seems pretty high for the Backyard Brawl.... but I'll take it. Hope its right.
11-20-2005 10:56 PM
Advertisement

bearcatfan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Bearcats!

14 does seem like a lot, but it could happen. Our offense is not real powerful. They showed some flashes of opening it up against USF but it was too little, too late.

I think our defense is going to be pretty good next season if we can shore up the LB's and DB's.
11-21-2005 07:51 AM
brista21 Offline

Donators

bearcatfan Wrote:14 does seem like a lot, but it could happen. Our offense is not real powerful. They showed some flashes of opening it up against USF but it was too little, too late.

I think our defense is going to be pretty good next season if we can shore up the LB's and DB's.
I think you guys have the makings of a very strong team by next season or the season after. Also, Saturday's meeting between Rutgers and Cincinnati will be the 11th time the schools meet tying the series with the Felons of the University of Miami. And this is the first season of Big East play for Cincy, so this my friends is a common opponent and I look forward to a rivalry developing starting Saturday as we get payback for 1992.
11-21-2005 10:08 AM
bearcatfan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Bearcats!

brista21 Wrote:I look forward to a rivalry developing starting Saturday as we get payback for 1992.
Brista21, remind me never to cross you. You sure hold a grudge a long time! :wave: :laugh: 04-cheers
11-21-2005 10:18 AM
brista21 Offline

Donators

bearcatfan Wrote:
brista21 Wrote:I look forward to a rivalry developing starting Saturday as we get payback for 1992.
Brista21, remind me never to cross you. You sure hold a grudge a long time! :wave: :laugh: 04-cheers
ROTFLMAO. Oh we're all holding a grudge! 03-wink Actually I'm just looking forward to getting you guys back on the schedule again. Not I was much of a college fan back in '92 when I was uhh 7, but talking to older fans and such you pick up alot. When the Big East invited Cincinnati I knew that that was one of the smartest moves ever. Cincy has been playing Cuse, WVU, Rutgers, Temple, and the like for years its amazing you and UL weren't invited the first time around with Miami and Va Tech. Heck, that 10 team league might have stayed together.
11-21-2005 11:07 AM
Advertisement

army56mike Offline

I Root For: Liberty & UofL

Eers will gun down the panthers.
Cards will win "The Cage" match over Cuse.
Bearcatw will win.
Bulls will win.
11-21-2005 05:19 PM
njndirish Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Notre Dame

wvucrazed Wrote:12.5 seems pretty high for the Backyard Brawl.... but I'll take it. Hope its right.
Vegas could jinx the Mountaineers
Mr. Mustache could use that as a bulliten board item!!
I'll take Pitt to cover the spread, win is a different story
(Is this game @ Pitt?)
11-21-2005 07:27 PM
CardHouse Offline
1st String

I Root For: UofL

Michael Bush didn’t practice at all last week and is questionable vs Syracuse.

Does that still make us 35 point favorites?
11-21-2005 08:08 PM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Athletes First

CardHouse Wrote:Michael Bush didn’t practice at all last week and is questionable vs Syracuse.

Louisville still has Kolby Smith, George Stripling and Brian Brohm on offense. Plus the Cards defense has given up a total of 3 points the last 6 quarters of football.
11-22-2005 12:27 AM
Advertisement

Ring of Black Offline
Official Person to Blame

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats

Maize Wrote:
CardHouse Wrote:Michael Bush didn’t practice at all last week and is questionable vs Syracuse.

Louisville still has Kolby Smith, George Stripling and Brian Brohm on offense. Plus the Cards defense has given up a total of 3 points the last 6 quarters of football.
I'd say the 35 spread should be good, but if there is a surprise, it will be because of SU's defense giving an outstanding effort and holding UL to < 42 points. Given SU's offensive troubles, poor time of possession, and thus a tiring defense, yes, anything less than 42 for UL would be an outstanding defensive effort by the Orange.

SU's pass defense is its strength, probably two NFL prospects in the secondary. But, they can be run on, and, really UL can either pass or run at will (whatever it needs) on almost anyone. Even without Bush. UL 45, SU 7.

Turkey Day will be fun for the brawlers. Pitt has been on the mend, but I think WVU has just too much for them. Heavy doses of Slaton and White will keep Pitt on their heels. Palko's tough, though, and won't make it easy. Always a good game, and I won't be surprised at an upset. But, I won't pick on, as WVU wants to make up for last year, and they smell their BCS bid. WVU 24, Pitt 17.

USF-UConn should be interesting. Correct me if I am wrong, but the weather up in the Northeast is starting to turn cold, although it says no precipitation on Saturday. We'll see how the Bulls can handle it. Expect defense to carry the Bulls and make UConn one-dimensional (stop the run) like they did vs. us last week. UConn isn't that different from us in that they have solid running backs, but a young, inconsistent OL. This one will be close, with the edge to the Bulls. USF 20, UConn 14.

In Piscataway, can RU knock the rust off? They're stuck in reverse since clinching bowl eligibility. Looked like they were making it a pretty good game in Papa John's for about 29 minutes, then the wheels just fell off. They had the talent this year to go probably 9-2, but are looking at 7-4. Can they use the recent experiences to learn how to handle prosperity? We'll see this week, but I don't expect my Cats to make it easy for them. RU 20, UC 13.
11-22-2005 11:06 AM
army56mike Offline

I Root For: Liberty & UofL

Cards will cover!
11-22-2005 12:21 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.