Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Hey Western
Bookmark and Share
theboro Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
Hey Western
I wanna talk **** but that was a hell of a game.

You have a great team. I was honestly surprised that we played that complete of a game.

You'll be in a bowl. Just take care of business to finish the year. That will still be 9 wins.
11-02-2012 12:23 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

wkuhilltopperfan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WKU
RE: Hey Western
Contrats to MT. WKU's defense forgot to get out of bed today and MT made us pay for it. Stupid plays and multiple turnovers did us in. I truly expected more from my team and for the first time this year I was ashamed of them. I'm very proud of our fans for coming out to support our team and staying to the end but it really hurts to see our team regress like we have over the past few weeks. MT has come a long way from this time last year and I expect you guys to win the rest of the Belt games
(This post was last modified: 11-02-2012 12:35 AM by wkuhilltopperfan.)
11-02-2012 12:34 AM
01TopperBG Offline
Water Engineer

Great game to watch. Unfortunately, we lost! That was the second great game in a row at home & we came up short each time. MTSU was very impressive.
11-02-2012 12:40 AM
LifetimeTopper Offline
2nd String

(11-02-2012 12:34 AM)wkuhilltopperfan Wrote:  Contrats to MT. WKU's defense forgot to get out of bed today and MT made us pay for it. Stupid plays and multiple turnovers did us in. I truly expected more from my team and for the first time this year I was ashamed of them. I'm very proud of our fans for coming out to support our team and staying to the end but it really hurts to see our team regress like we have over the past few weeks. MT has come a long way from this time last year and I expect you guys to win the rest of the Belt games

Just remember...as much as it hurts for us, it hurts a lot more for the players. I was disappointed, but definitely not ashamed. They played poorly but I didn't see anybody give up.

The ship ain't sunk, just a little off course. They'll get it straightened out.
11-02-2012 12:45 AM
Advertisement

wkuhilltopperfan Offline
Heisman

(11-02-2012 12:45 AM)LifetimeTopper Wrote:  
(11-02-2012 12:34 AM)wkuhilltopperfan Wrote:  Contrats to MT. WKU's defense forgot to get out of bed today and MT made us pay for it. Stupid plays and multiple turnovers did us in. I truly expected more from my team and for the first time this year I was ashamed of them. I'm very proud of our fans for coming out to support our team and staying to the end but it really hurts to see our team regress like we have over the past few weeks. MT has come a long way from this time last year and I expect you guys to win the rest of the Belt games

Just remember...as much as it hurts for us, it hurts a lot more for the players. I was disappointed, but definitely not ashamed. They played poorly but I didn't see anybody give up.

The ship ain't sunk, just a little off course. They'll get it straightened out.

Your right....ashamed is a bit of a stretch and I'm just a little bitter right now I guess
11-02-2012 12:52 AM
MT FAN Offline
All American

I Root For: Middle Tennesse
Good game Western! Who would have thought that we would be able to run the ball on you guys like that? I thought we would have to pass the ball to win this game. Guess not.
11-02-2012 07:13 AM
ThreeifbyLightning Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Univ of Middle Tennessee
(11-02-2012 07:13 AM)MT FAN Wrote:  Good game Western! Who would have thought that we would be able to run the ball on you guys like that? I thought we would have to pass the ball to win this game. Guess not.

We really didn't run it that well for three-fourths of the game. We had one good quarter. The O had 178 yards on 22 carries in the first quarter. They had 46 yards on 28 carries the rest of the game.

It's hard to be critical of the coaching staff after a big win, but I went to bed last night feeling like we won in spite of the coaching staff and play calling. Case in point. We ran the ball on 15 consecutive first downs from the second quarter until the end of the game. Not one damn play action pass on first down after est the run. We ran play action some on second down but not once on first down, and everyone knows play action isn't as effective on 2nd and long as it as on frist down. Western knew it too. Their linebackers were biting down on the run on every single first down snap and the strong safety was living at the line of scrimmage most of the night.

Kilgore and co. could have put that game away long before the final five seconds if Stock and Buster would have called play action at least once or twice on first down. The middle of the field was wide open most of the night on first down. It was an easy big play Western was willing to give up on first down to sell out and stop the run. Yet not once did we ever do it. Very difficult to understand that from a football perspective. Happy for the win nonetheless though.
(This post was last modified: 11-02-2012 08:22 AM by ThreeifbyLightning.)
11-02-2012 08:19 AM
Advertisement

WKULooseCannon90 Offline
Special Teams

Will give MTSU credit for a great gameplan. Your ran it down our throats and we could not stop it. You controlled both lines of scrimmage and won. Congrats MTSU!
11-02-2012 09:36 AM
TroyFootball05 Offline
1987 Man of the Year

I Root For: Good Times
Not looking forward to playing Middle. At all.
11-02-2012 09:57 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
wkuhilltopperfan Offline
Heisman

(11-02-2012 09:57 AM)TroyFootball05 Wrote:  Not looking forward to playing Middle. At all.

MT has improved each week other than the collapse against Miss St. I'm impressed with the turn around from last season
11-02-2012 10:30 AM
Advertisement

WKUFan518 Offline
Heisman

I think we peaked after Southen Miss game and non conf. schedule, ever since then we have been rolling down hill...Besides the 2nd half against Arkansas St. in conf. play, we are not playing well at all and are close to the bottom of the conference as far as play...Was confident in beating FAU at home a few weeks ago, now not sure if we can beat anyone at home the remaining games...I will say for some reason we play much better on the road, is this a SBC thing?...Looks like only bowl we are heading too is the Toilet Bowl, its a shame considering the good start we had...Our offense looks like two seasons ago when a time out was called every other play becuase we could not get the plays in time......One added item about game, I have never saw two tip balls on huge third downs get richoted off like that to the wr's on offense...
11-02-2012 10:35 AM
MTtim Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Blue Raiders
(11-02-2012 08:19 AM)ThreeifbyLightning Wrote:  
(11-02-2012 07:13 AM)MT FAN Wrote:  Good game Western! Who would have thought that we would be able to run the ball on you guys like that? I thought we would have to pass the ball to win this game. Guess not.

We really didn't run it that well for three-fourths of the game. We had one good quarter. The O had 178 yards on 22 carries in the first quarter. They had 46 yards on 28 carries the rest of the game.

It's hard to be critical of the coaching staff after a big win, but I went to bed last night feeling like we won in spite of the coaching staff and play calling. Case in point. We ran the ball on 15 consecutive first downs from the second quarter until the end of the game. Not one damn play action pass on first down after est the run. We ran play action some on second down but not once on first down, and everyone knows play action isn't as effective on 2nd and long as it as on frist down. Western knew it too. Their linebackers were biting down on the run on every single first down snap and the strong safety was living at the line of scrimmage most of the night.

Kilgore and co. could have put that game away long before the final five seconds if Stock and Buster would have called play action at least once or twice on first down. The middle of the field was wide open most of the night on first down. It was an easy big play Western was willing to give up on first down to sell out and stop the run. Yet not once did we ever do it. Very difficult to understand that from a football perspective. Happy for the win nonetheless though.

I am happy with the win. Our defense, especially our defensive backs are terrible. I think the talent is there but these guys are not being coached. We play too soft on receivers, resulting in giving up easy 3rd down conversions. Our linebackers do not shoot gaps to disrupt. Again, all this is coaching. The offense is predictable and has no imagination. If we play the way we are capable of last night should have been an easy win.
11-02-2012 12:38 PM
KAjunRaider Offline
Heisman

I Root For: U.M.T.
WKU will be fine. Records and "favorites" need to be thrown out for these MT vs. WKU games.

Western is certainly a talented team.

I am very happy with the win, whether it be 2-0 or 56-55. I wouldn't change a thing about the game.

Very surprised by the weather. Could not have been nicer and never once used the gloves.

Thanks to Dahbeed for his call in getting me in to campus and the ticket offer. Wish I would have gotten there sooner, but made it just in time for kickoff.
(This post was last modified: 11-02-2012 12:43 PM by KAjunRaider.)
11-02-2012 12:42 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ole Blue Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Good Guys
I've noticed a marked improvement in MT's defense. Honestly, I've seen a horrendous defense this year in Miami's D... and MT's isn't that bad. There's much more things to be positive about with MT's D coming up - building up well. Could have a great season (again?) next year.
11-02-2012 01:00 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.