Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
John Saunders is out of touch
robertandjody Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

During the MI-OSU halftime he stated something to the effect that the BCS will have take a look at the BE concerning their involvement in the BCS Bowls. He doesn't seem to have a clue that it is set through 2007. At least Craig James came to the Big East's defense. He was the one that brought up the fact that after 2007 they would evaluate the league and the BE would keep their bit at least until then. Hopefully he will keep up the positive coverage.

These talking heads seem to have a problem with USF but if they win out they deserve everything they get. Craig James seems to have a good impression of WVU.
11-19-2005 03:13 PM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

Orange Aid Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

I just say, let's play the games first and then talk. If the Big East does well in bowls, esp the BCS bowl, people will STFU.
11-19-2005 03:41 PM
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Louisville

We will not lose or bid. No other conference that is non-BCS is better. If they were to drop us, a hell of a law suite would happen. Again the other BCS conferences will not drop us!
11-19-2005 04:11 PM
Advertisement

Cat's_Claw Offline
All American

I Root For:

They're just regurgitating the same crap without looking at facts. It would be impossible to strip the Big East of their BCS bid because they have met all BCS qualifications. And someone tell Saunders to justify telling a BCS conference that has met all qualifications and would have a first place team ranked in the Top 10 of the BCS and a 2nd place team in the Top 15 if they run the table that you're not going to the BCS "just because". I love listening to the media whine now because we threw it back in their face, nothing they can do about it. 04-cheers
11-19-2005 04:40 PM
robertandjody Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

No amount of whining by the media is going to keep the Big East out of the BCS at least through 2007. I would think that these guys would check facts and understand that (maybe they do and only want to stir up controversy). I'm just sick of it. Instead of talking about what a great story USF is and what a better story they could be they have to belittle them. I'm also tired of those who think that BE fans are foolish for defending the league. They probably don't understand how irritating this talk is to BE fans.

I too think the BE should re-qualify if 2007. They should stay in the top 6.
11-19-2005 05:26 PM
Advertisement

Cat's_Claw Offline
All American

I Root For:

robertandjody Wrote:No amount of whining by the media is going to keep the Big East out of the BCS at least through 2007. I would think that these guys would check facts and understand that (maybe they do and only want to stir up controversy). I'm just sick of it. Instead of talking about what a great story USF is and what a better story they could be they have to belittle them. I'm also tired of those who think that BE fans are foolish for defending the league. They probably don't understand how irritating this talk is to BE fans.

I too think the BE should re-qualify if 2007. They should stay in the top 6.
That's a great point. Instead of a South Florida getting respect as a feel good story you have these idiots ripping the conference. Guys like Saunders try to use Notre Dame beating up on Syracuse as proof the Big East is bad. Yet they don't point out that Syracuse is having the worst season in school history, is in last place and doesn't have a single conference win. They dumbest thing was listening to one of them say that Ohio State should get an at-large bid over Virginia Tech because Virginia Tech only played one big game, Miami, and lost. Yet they don't bring up the fact that Virginia Tech has a win over #12 West Virginia because it would make the Big East look good and make them look stupid.
11-19-2005 05:33 PM
robertandjody Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Let's just hope Craig James will keep being positive. Good to see him come back at Saunders. I know lots out there are skeptical about James. We'll see if he jumps ship too.

I don't see any team out of BCS conferences making a strong statement in claiming superiority over USF or WVU. UTEP, Fresno? No sir. If USF could take WVU they'll have showed me something.
11-19-2005 05:51 PM
Advertisement

army56mike Offline

I Root For: Liberty & UofL

Let's go win our bowl games and this will all go away.
11-19-2005 07:04 PM
Tigeer Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UoM & WVU

Wilkie01 Wrote:We will not lose or bid. No other conference that is non-BCS is better. If they were to drop us, a hell of a law suite would happen. Again the other BCS conferences will not drop us!
The NCAA needs a playoff.
11-19-2005 07:07 PM
Advertisement

Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Louisville

I agree and a 16 team playoff that includes all D1A conference Champions!
11-19-2005 07:44 PM
Ring of Black Offline
Official Person to Blame

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats

I don't like the BCS. I'm a playoff proponent.

But, if you want to criticize it, criticize the system, not the BE.
11-19-2005 09:44 PM
robertandjody Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

I'll eat my words concerning Fresno State. It is very likely that next year that is the type of team a BE winner might face. That assumes no BE team runs the table. It would be an interesting game to say the least. I guess we'll see a lot of no D West Coast matchups against good defense schools from other areas. It will be fun to see how they turn out this year.

Nobody would want to play them in a playoff system.
11-20-2005 09:16 AM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.