Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
ESPN Announcers tonight are Idiots
CollegeCard Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UofL

Back from the game, and now watching some highlights on Tivo. These two bit announcing crew are acting like the city has daily lynch mobs gathering in Brohm's front yard and like no one in the city appreciates him. What a load of crap.

Sure he has high expectations on him. No doubt about it. However they are talking about him being overcoached. Give me a break.
11-12-2005 01:24 AM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

kardphan Offline
1st String

I Root For:

That is a bit to much, brohm has high expectations for his self, he tells people that all the time. They act as if the people in the city our standing in his front yard with weapons waiting on him. The most overcoached player in the nation is ridiculous too. I went to the game but my brother was telling me some of the stuff they were saying on the tube. Is it really that serious? Brohm and Bush both are probably the two best players to come out of this city in a long long time and soon as they stepped on campus people had expectations but ESPN made it sound like his dad would beat his tail if he had a incomplete pass, or they would let him starve because he lost a game. WTF!!!!
11-12-2005 05:33 AM
njndirish Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Notre Dame

To me they were crying a river for Brohm to be the heisman, which forced me to turn off the game. The stomping of the logo was preformed by Miami (FL) last year, so maybe its not a jinx
11-12-2005 11:26 AM
army56mike Offline

I Root For: Liberty & UofL

I think that it is wrong for us to criticize the announcers. They have a job to do and are doing it to the best of their ability. They have opinions that they are allowed to express. For someone to call them an idiot is the wrong thing. We need to be less critical and confrontational. If you can't say something positive, don't say anything at all. That's the new board motto. :wave:
11-12-2005 11:29 AM
Advertisement

njndirish Offline
Special Teams

03-confused Is this Mike talking? 03-confused
11-12-2005 11:36 AM
army56mike Offline

I Root For: Liberty & UofL

Don't you know? You are not to be any negativity on this board anymore. It's all gum drops and lolly pops from here boys. I just hope others fall into line as well before someone decides to ban them for free speech. :wave:
11-12-2005 11:45 AM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Athletes First

njndirish Wrote:To me they were crying a river for Brohm to be the heisman, which forced me to turn off the game. The stomping of the logo was preformed by Miami (FL) last year, so maybe its not a jinx
Miami did not stomp on our logo last year. We played that game in the Orange Bowl not at Papa John's. The Canes come to The Slice in 2006 and I hope and pray they stomp on the logo.

BTW if Brohm would have went to Notre Dame he would be the starter instead of Brady Quinn.
11-12-2005 11:47 AM
Advertisement

JIM15068 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

njndirish Wrote:To me they were crying a river for Brohm to be the heisman, which forced me to turn off the game. The stomping of the logo was preformed by Miami (FL) last year, so maybe its not a jinx
Those Canes must have pretty long legs!

Jim
11-12-2005 11:51 AM
njndirish Offline
Special Teams

They said something in the middle of the broadcast that Miami(Fl) stomped on the logo and won...
11-12-2005 11:55 AM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Athletes First

njndirish Wrote:They said something in the middle of the broadcast that Miami(Fl) stomped on the logo and won...
We have never loss when someone stomps on our logo. USF, ECU, UC and now Rutgers have paid the price.

Like Jim said they must have real long legs to reach from the Miami Orange Bowl to Louisville Papa John's Stadium.
11-12-2005 12:02 PM
Advertisement

BullsFanatic Offline
1st String

I Root For: USF

Yeah...can't believe we stomped on the logo. Stupid.
Guess we figured we were gonna lose anyways...
11-12-2005 12:14 PM
cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: Syracuse

Donators

njndirish Wrote:They said something in the middle of the broadcast that Miami(Fl) stomped on the logo and won...
I dont remember the announcers saying that. But if they did, that should be a lesson to you to not believe everything you hear on tv.
11-12-2005 12:21 PM
omniorange Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Syracuse
Donators

Quote:njndirish Posted on Nov 12 2005, 12:01 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
They said something in the middle of the broadcast that Miami(Fl) stomped on the logo and won...

That was the VT game. Miami stomped on the logo and beat VT.

Probably where Schiano got the stupid idea to do it to the Cards. :rolleyes:

As usual, he should have done some research and seen what happened to Cincinnati and ECU when they stomped on the Card's logo.

Here's hoping my Orange genuflect in front of the logo. Maybe the beating won't be so bad. 04-bow

Cheers,
Neil
11-13-2005 12:32 PM
Advertisement

Cat's_Claw Offline
All American

I Root For:

I'm pretty sure someone has stomped on Louisville's logo and won, it was just publicized for the first time last year. Trust me, if West Virginia or USC came in and stepped on Louisville's logo I don't see Louisville blowing them out. The Cincinnati thing was hard to judge because our QB was out for the game and we didn't have a competent backup.
11-13-2005 12:37 PM
USFPDiddy Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

JIM15068 Wrote:
njndirish Wrote:To me they were crying a river for Brohm to be the heisman, which forced me to turn off the game.  The stomping of the logo was preformed by Miami (FL) last year, so maybe its not a jinx
Those Canes must have pretty long legs!

Jim
Well, they are pretty fast.
11-14-2005 05:52 PM
CollegeCard Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UofL

Cat's_Claw Wrote:The Cincinnati thing was hard to judge because our QB was out for the game and we didn't have a competent backup.
Okay, let's put that to rest. You lost by 63 and it would have been 80 if they didn't take volunteers from the stands to play for the Cards in the 4th quarter! One QB doesn't even remotely make that up. He's in and then maybe UC loses by 28-35. We slaughtered everyone (minus Memphis on the road) in CUSA last season. This is simply going to be a losing argument if we want it to continue!
11-14-2005 07:24 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.