Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

I have to admit, that 0% capital gains tax is interesting.
Machiavelli Offline
Back to Reality. Oh there goes Gravity

I Root For: BGSU
I have to admit, that 0% capital gains tax is interesting.
That is a way people can move out of their social tier. You get money into the market and

MAKE IT RAIN

I do love that idea. 0% capital gains for people under 250,000. That's freakin awesome!!!
(This post was last modified: 10-18-2012 07:46 AM by Machiavelli.)
10-18-2012 07:44 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

I'mMoreAwesomeThanYou Offline
Medium Pimping

I Root For: America
Re: I have to admit, that 0% capital gains tax is interesting.
Why not make it to for everyone? Make it pour.

BY READING THIS POST YOU RECOGNIZE THAT IMATY IS THE LAST GREAT CRUSADER FOR TRUTH AND JUSTICE SO HELP YOU GOD.
10-18-2012 09:19 AM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
RE: I have to admit, that 0% capital gains tax is interesting.
No doubt. Also, the thought of not paying income tax on my $1.50 of interest income almost makes me want to vote for Mitt!
(This post was last modified: 10-18-2012 10:48 AM by Redwingtom.)
10-18-2012 10:48 AM
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: So Alabama, GWU
Because a 0% capital gains rate for the wealthy would just ensure that the wealthy would gain an even greater share of the nations wealth, and the middle class would see any gains wiped out by inflation or lower yields.

Remember, those that are HOLDING these securities at the time of a change in policy would benefit the most. Not those investing for the first time.

So people already in the marketplace would gain the most. And yields would collapse.
(This post was last modified: 10-18-2012 10:53 AM by Tom in Lazybrook.)
10-18-2012 10:51 AM
Hambone10 Offline
Hooter

I Root For: My Kids

New Orleans BowlDonatorsThe Parliament Awards
The purpose is to encourage saving/investing rather than consumption. So many of the leftists on this board begrudge the excess wealth that "the rich" use to get even richer and ignore that at SOME point, they saved and "did without" in order to create that wealth.... so what happens when someone on the right proposes that we make it easier for the non-rich to save and invest? They ***** about that, too.

I don't support zero tax on gains above a certain limit. No way to generate any revenue at ALL that way. We can debate whether that should be 500k or 250k or 100k or whatever, UNLESS you completely shifted our tax base to a consumption tax. If you did a consumption tax, you MIGHT be able to eliminate gains taxes, but then you'd have to raise the rate and raise the exemptions.

nah, let's make it something that is competitive globally, and right now, 15% seems close... and eliminate it below certain incomes. I like that addition. It does what I've been chastising the left for for months... If you rais income tax rates, you hurt the guy making 250k more than you hurt people like Romney, who according to the IRS, only subject 6.5% of their income to the income tax rate... Instead, you lower the top rates on income, as they don't really pay much at that rate anyway in an effort to get them to pay more of it that way and grow the base, and eliminate deductions to be revenue neutral.

Honestly, makes a lot of sense. Without making up things, democrats can't really argue with that.

As I've shown, the wealthy make a little more, but the government makes a LOT more from them... and it reduces the incentives to offshore investments, and thus jobs... both more jobs and more government revenue helps the poor... and it encourages the middle class to invest rather than spend, which makes them richer. Seriously, I'd like for a leftist to have a reasonable retort to this. Don't tell me you think he's lying about what he wants to do... that's a cop out... tell me how the financial theory is flawed.
(This post was last modified: 10-18-2012 11:13 AM by Hambone10.)
10-18-2012 11:10 AM
RobertN Offline
Legend

I Root For: THE NIU Huskies
We should just get rid of ALL federal taxes! 04-rock
10-18-2012 11:23 AM
Advertisement

Max Power Offline
Not Rod Carey

I Root For: NIU, Bradley
People struggling and in the lower middle class aren't not saving because they're lazy or stupid. They're not saving because they can't-- they're having trouble making ends meet, raising their kids and paying their mortgage every month, for which the mortgage interest deduction and child tax credit helps them greatly and all of which looks very much in jeopardy under Mitt's secret tax cut plan that will be paid for somehow but I can't tell you now because I have to wait until I'm elected and working with Congress because uh, interview's over!

No capital gains for poor people is a joke. Well thanks Mitt for the $5 savings on the dividends from the 10 shares I have in the company I work for. Maybe I'll go buy a six pack and try to forget that my son just died in your Iran War. At least he's not as bad as Paul Ryan and looking to cut his own taxes entirely, yet.
10-18-2012 11:32 AM
Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

I Root For: Dragons

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
Wow, that's some serious hyperbole, Maxxy Max.
10-18-2012 11:36 AM
BlazerFan11 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB
(10-18-2012 11:32 AM)Max Power Wrote:  People struggling and in the lower middle class aren't not saving because they're lazy or stupid. They're not saving because they can't-- they're having trouble making ends meet, raising their kids and paying their mortgage every month, for which the mortgage interest deduction and child tax credit helps them greatly and all of which looks very much in jeopardy under Mitt's secret tax cut plan that will be paid for somehow but I can't tell you now because I have to wait until I'm elected and working with Congress because uh, interview's over!

No capital gains for poor people is a joke. Well thanks Mitt for the $5 savings on the dividends from the 10 shares I have in the company I work for. Maybe I'll go buy a six pack and try to forget that my son just died in your Iran War. At least he's not as bad as Paul Ryan and looking to cut his own taxes entirely, yet.

Clearly, we just need to create some inflation to help the poor people kick start their savings.
10-18-2012 11:38 AM
Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

Good thing the recession has driven the price of gas down.
10-18-2012 11:39 AM
No Bull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCF
(10-18-2012 11:32 AM)Max Power Wrote:  People struggling and in the lower middle class aren't not saving because they're lazy or stupid. They're not saving because they can't-- they're having trouble making ends meet, raising their kids and paying their mortgage every month, for which the mortgage interest deduction and child tax credit helps them greatly and all of ......

This could be the lyric to a Bruce Springsteen song...

You amuse me Max.

100% of the poor and lower middle class are hard working...they have all been victimized by robber barrons like Mitt Romney.... right?
(This post was last modified: 10-18-2012 11:42 AM by No Bull.)
10-18-2012 11:42 AM
Advertisement

Max Power Offline
Not Rod Carey

(10-18-2012 11:36 AM)Smaug Wrote:  Wow, that's some serious hyperbole, Maxxy Max.

No, it's some serious truth. The Iran War part is an educated guess based on the people Romney has surrounded himself with.
10-18-2012 11:42 AM
Max Power Offline
Not Rod Carey

(10-18-2012 11:38 AM)BlazerFan11 Wrote:  
(10-18-2012 11:32 AM)Max Power Wrote:  People struggling and in the lower middle class aren't not saving because they're lazy or stupid. They're not saving because they can't-- they're having trouble making ends meet, raising their kids and paying their mortgage every month, for which the mortgage interest deduction and child tax credit helps them greatly and all of which looks very much in jeopardy under Mitt's secret tax cut plan that will be paid for somehow but I can't tell you now because I have to wait until I'm elected and working with Congress because uh, interview's over!

Clearly, we just need to create some inflation to help the poor people kick start their savings.

Poor people don't have savings. The rich hold the money getting devalued. And inflation is only 2-3% right now.
10-18-2012 11:44 AM
Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

(10-18-2012 11:42 AM)Max Power Wrote:  
(10-18-2012 11:36 AM)Smaug Wrote:  Wow, that's some serious hyperbole, Maxxy Max.

No, it's some serious truth. The Iran War part is an educated guess based on the people Romney has surrounded himself with.

Your paranoid speculation =/= truth.
10-18-2012 11:44 AM
Max Power Offline
Not Rod Carey

(10-18-2012 11:39 AM)Smaug Wrote:  Good thing the recession has driven the price of gas down.

This makes no sense. The recession did drive the price of gas down, but we're out of the recession. The Romney-Ryan plan on gas prices is to bring back the recession, which will drive down demand, and bring back $2 gas, as Obama explained very well in the last debate.
10-18-2012 11:46 AM
Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

(10-18-2012 11:46 AM)Max Power Wrote:  
(10-18-2012 11:39 AM)Smaug Wrote:  Good thing the recession has driven the price of gas down.

This makes no sense. The recession did drive the price of gas down, but we're out of the recession.

We are? What a relief!
10-18-2012 11:47 AM
Advertisement

Max Power Offline
Not Rod Carey

(10-18-2012 11:44 AM)Smaug Wrote:  
(10-18-2012 11:42 AM)Max Power Wrote:  

Your paranoid speculation =/= truth.

Well thankfully it looks like we'll never know. But I wouldn't call worrying about a war from a guy with advisors on record calling for such a war "paranoid speculation."
No Bull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCF
(10-18-2012 11:44 AM)Max Power Wrote:  Poor people don't have savings. The rich hold the money getting devalued. And inflation is only 2-3% right now.

God bless us, every one!

Poor people. poor victims. so sad.
Max Power Offline
Not Rod Carey

(10-18-2012 11:47 AM)Smaug Wrote:  
(10-18-2012 11:46 AM)Max Power Wrote:  

This makes no sense. The recession did drive the price of gas down, but we're out of the recession.

We are? What a relief!

Sorry the private sector has been gaining jobs for 30 straight months after Obama inherited an economy losing 800,000 jobs his first month in office.
10-18-2012 11:48 AM
Max Power Offline
Not Rod Carey

(10-18-2012 11:42 AM)No Bull Wrote:  
(10-18-2012 11:32 AM)Max Power Wrote:  People struggling and in the lower middle class aren't not saving because they're lazy or stupid. They're not saving because they can't-- they're having trouble making ends meet, raising their kids and paying their mortgage every month, for which the mortgage interest deduction and child tax credit helps them greatly and all of ......

This could be the lyric to a Bruce Springsteen song...

You amuse me Max.

100% of the poor and lower middle class are hard working...they have all been victimized by robber barrons like Mitt Romney.... right?

I didn't say that. But when Romney says 47% of Americans are victims who won't take responsibility for their own lives, he's talking about many single mothers working two jobs, soldiers and veterans, students and seniors on SS. And he hasn't been the only one saying that the last few years either. Many of these people are hard working and can't catch a break, and when I hear people like Romney born into wealth rip on them behind closed doors, or Hambone blaming them for not saving and investing, or Romney telling them to just borrow money from their parents, it's aggravating.
10-18-2012 11:53 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.