Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

See the true colers of soft racism
Bull_In_Exile Offline
Eternal Pessimist

I Root For: The Underdog
Quote:On Tuesday, the board passed a revised strategic plan that says that by 2018, it wants 90 percent of Asian students, 88 percent of white students, 81 percent of Hispanics and 74 percent of black students to be reading at or above grade level. For math, the goals are 92 percent of Asian kids to be proficient, whites at 86 percent, Hispanics at 80 percent and blacks at 74 percent. It also measures by other groupings, such as poverty and disabilities, reported the Palm Beach Post.
http://tampa.cbslocal.com/2012/10/12/flo...mic-goals/
10-13-2012 12:47 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

firmbizzle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UF, UCF
RE: See the true colers of soft racism
[Image: a5cniraceaawsaf.jpg?w=655]
10-13-2012 04:11 AM
UConn-SMU Offline
often wrong, never in doubt

I Root For: the AAC
Liberals want laws benefitting blacks and Hispanics because they don't think those individuals are capable of anything without assistance.

It's just 21st century apartheid.
(This post was last modified: 10-13-2012 07:44 PM by UConn-SMU.)
10-13-2012 06:40 AM
Vewb1 Offline
Banned

I Root For: Bearcats
They do Uconn/SMU. Really, I was not aware of that at all. What else do liberals want?
10-13-2012 06:43 AM
SumOfAllFears Offline
Grim Reaper of Misguided Liberal Souls

I Root For: America
(10-13-2012 06:43 AM)Vewb1 Wrote:  They do Uconn/SMU. Really, I was not aware of that at all. What else do liberals want?

A functioning brain.
10-13-2012 06:50 AM
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
(10-13-2012 06:43 AM)Vewb1 Wrote:  They do Uconn/SMU. Really, I was not aware of that at all. What else do liberals want?

To take money from those that earn it...and give it to those that feel need it. BTW...the right is similarly guilty. It is just "where" they spend the loot that is the difference.
10-13-2012 07:31 AM
Advertisement

firmbizzle Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-13-2012 07:31 AM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  

To take money from those that earn it...and give it to those that feel need it. BTW...the right is similarly guilty. It is just "where" they spend the loot that is the difference.

You mean like for social security and Medicare?
10-13-2012 08:30 AM
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
(10-13-2012 08:30 AM)firmbizzle Wrote:  

My paycheck stub says otherwise. Regardless of my desire and against my consent...I pay for these programs through the fruits of my labor.

The welfare state is equally shared by both gangs. Just the targets of the welfare are different. I oppose both.
10-13-2012 08:43 AM
firmbizzle Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-13-2012 08:43 AM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  
(10-13-2012 08:30 AM)firmbizzle Wrote:  

My paycheck stub says otherwise. Regardless of my desire and against my consent...I pay for these programs through the fruits of my labor.

The welfare state is equally shared by both gangs. Just the targets of the welfare are different. I oppose both.

You pay into it but others are getting the benefit and more than you are paying.
10-13-2012 10:02 AM
Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU
(10-13-2012 04:11 AM)firmbizzle Wrote:  [Image: a5cniraceaawsaf.jpg?w=655]

Just a blogger's theory, so take it for what it's worth:

Quote:I can pretty much guarantee that this man photographed at a Romney rally in Lancaster, Ohio, is not in fact a Republican, but rather is a plant sent out by the Democrats as a dirty trick.
Clue #1: Wearing a “Romney/Ryan” sticker on the back of his T-shirt. Nobody does this. Nobody.
Clue #2: It’s kind of chilly in Ohio this time of year, and the guy’s wearing only a T-shirt, while those around him are wearing coats.

My guess is that this guy also wore a coat when he entered the rally, then stationed himself toward the back of the crowd (in front of the riser where the press photographers are stationed) and then removed his coat to expose the T-shirt, with the explicit purpose of having it photographed.

. . . aaanndd, Clue #3: No name? A press photographer is going to take a picture like this and make no effort to ID the guy? Nuh-uh.

http://theothermccain.com/2012/10/13/fal...troll-irl/
10-14-2012 03:46 PM
firmbizzle Offline
Hall of Famer

Blame the media and democrats. I never saw that coming.
10-14-2012 04:01 PM
Advertisement

Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

If I were to lay money on a bet... sure, I'd agree with you and say the guy was "real." But it's not like I'd be stunned if it was some troll. There have been proven scattered cases of 'Tea Party Crashers' these past few years, and given how often the raaaacist! card tends to fly in discourse, it'd be a clever plan to plant a few of these dudes at these events to "prove" it.
(This post was last modified: 10-14-2012 04:16 PM by Motown Bronco.)
10-14-2012 04:16 PM
MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

I Root For: Broncos
Gosh this thread got sidetracked in a hurry.

Hardly anybody responded to the article.

The soft bigotry of low expectations, is how I see it. Pathetic and sad. This will end up in court.
10-14-2012 04:18 PM
Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-14-2012 04:18 PM)MileHighBronco Wrote:  Gosh this thread got sidetracked in a hurry.

Hardly anybody responded to the article.

The soft bigotry of low expectations, is how I see it. Pathetic and sad. This will end up in court.

Yep, agreed, Bull's original post is very valid and worth a look. A mindset that says XYZ ethnicity is assumed to be from such-and-such socioeconomic and domestic backgrounds, and therefore their behaviors and abilities need to be viewed from different "dumbed down" lenses.

This soft/unintentional bigotry is shown on a nation-level as well: The Western and industrialized world's leaders is set to one standard, while African and Mideast leaders are set to another, because the West's leaders "oughta know better."
10-14-2012 04:26 PM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
So a teacher walks into a classroom of all all black students with the mindset and expectation that 26% will fail. If I was black I'd be very, very upset with this.
10-14-2012 05:16 PM
blah Offline
Just doing the splits

I Root For: Stretching

CrappiesBlazerTalk AwardDonatorsSkunkworksSurvivor Runner-up
(10-14-2012 05:16 PM)smn1256 Wrote:  So a teacher walks into a classroom of all all black students with the mindset and expectation that 26% will fail. If I was black I'd be very, very upset with this.

In fairness, in this case, that teacher is probably more worried about being murdered....05-stirthepot
10-14-2012 06:16 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Ninerfan1 Offline
Habitual Line Stepper

I Root For: Charlotte
(10-13-2012 12:47 AM)Bull_In_Exile Wrote:  
Quote:On Tuesday, the board passed a revised strategic plan that says that by 2018, it wants 90 percent of Asian students, 88 percent of white students, 81 percent of Hispanics and 74 percent of black students to be reading at or above grade level. For math, the goals are 92 percent of Asian kids to be proficient, whites at 86 percent, Hispanics at 80 percent and blacks at 74 percent. It also measures by other groupings, such as poverty and disabilities, reported the Palm Beach Post.
http://tampa.cbslocal.com/2012/10/12/flo...mic-goals/

Only 92% of Asians for math? The scandal is them low balling that one.
10-14-2012 06:41 PM
SumOfAllFears Offline
Grim Reaper of Misguided Liberal Souls

I Root For: America
(10-14-2012 06:16 PM)blah Wrote:  
(10-14-2012 05:16 PM)smn1256 Wrote:  So a teacher walks into a classroom of all all black students with the mindset and expectation that 26% will fail. If I was black I'd be very, very upset with this.

In fairness, in this case, that teacher is probably more worried about being murdered....05-stirthepot

I know, I feel for that teacher, especially if it was all male students with nothing but sex on their minds.
10-14-2012 07:08 PM
dcCid Offline
All American

I Root For: ACC, Big East
They are implementing something like that here in DC too. My first reaction was WTF – but as I read the details and intent it made sense. The underlying factor is to have each kid increase his/her skills/proficiency. The overall goal is to have everyone proficient of course, but will never happen.

I think they are even breaking the goals down to the school level based on current baselines. The demographic buckets they are rolled up to is built from the current baselines of the current proficiency. In reality the more proficient are generally form the more affluent families, and the less proficient from the less affluent. The racial demographic when rolled up also mirrors the racial demographics on income and wealth.

So if this increases each kids proficiency based on their current baseline, then I do not see it as racial.
10-15-2012 12:41 PM
Bull_In_Exile Offline
Eternal Pessimist

I Root For: The Underdog
(10-15-2012 12:41 PM)dcCid Wrote:  They are implementing something like that here in DC too. My first reaction was WTF – but as I read the details and intent it made sense. The underlying factor is to have each kid increase his/her skills/proficiency. The overall goal is to have everyone proficient of course, but will never happen.

I think they are even breaking the goals down to the school level based on current baselines. The demographic buckets they are rolled up to is built from the current baselines of the current proficiency. In reality the more proficient are generally form the more affluent families, and the less proficient from the less affluent. The racial demographic when rolled up also mirrors the racial demographics on income and wealth.

So if this increases each kids proficiency based on their current baseline, then I do not see it as racial.

Let me ask you...

If 78% of Blacks in a school are proficient and 79% of whites then where will the school administration really focus their efforts?

On the Blacks who are above the baseline or the whites who are below (and thus could hurt the school)
10-15-2012 12:43 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.