Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

JUST AN HONEST QUESTION ABOUT RUFFIN
FUB Offline
1st String

I Root For: memphis tigers
JUST AN HONEST QUESTION ABOUT RUFFIN
Please excuse me if this post offends anyone. I have been wondering for a little while now how you all think Coach Mcneill is doing. I have nothing against him but think your football program could be better . How would you all feel about someone like jim chaney the OC at Tennessee or jeff mullen at West Virginia,even manny diaz at Texas.
10-12-2012 06:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

I Root For: ECU Pirates,
RE: JUST AN HONEST QUESTION ABOUT RUFFIN
Its really hard to say... at the end of the season I might feel different than I do now.

Year 1 he had a ton of seniors leave, some great talent still left on offense, and installed two new offensive and defensive schemes. In the end the O saved us, our D sucked for the most part, and we got to a bowl only to lose in a blow out. Not bad over year 1 considering all the new transition.

Year 2 the D got retooled and got better but for whatever reason the offense went into the turnover crapper. Lost to Marshall the last game of the season to not make a bowl game.

Year 3 we started over on offense at the QB position. We are @ .500, and have gotten owned by superior teams, beaten weaker teams, and against competitive peers we are 1-1 (USM, UCF).
10-12-2012 08:18 PM
ECUPirated Offline
NAPALMINATOR

I Root For: American Rising
Won big. Ruff is fine for now.
(This post was last modified: 10-14-2012 10:02 PM by ECUPirated.)
10-14-2012 09:58 PM
Advertisement

Matrix Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB, N'Western
I'd say hang in there with him just a while longer. I remember him as an assistant at Texas Tech, his defensive schemes were tenacious. I think ECU will be relevant under his command, this is his very first head coaching endeavor (I often wonder how some assistants go 15 years or more before they're given a higher calling), I think he's done far better by y'all than Ellis Johnson has at Southern Miss, or for that matter, Neil Callaway during his "Trail Of Tears" tour at UAB. Players seem to like Coach McNeil, too. I'd go with "Pirated", he's fine for now. Between this season and perhaps the next one, that will be his defining moment at the helm of East Carolina football.
10-17-2012 09:06 AM
Raleighwood Pirate Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: ECU
(10-12-2012 06:05 PM)FUB Wrote:  Please excuse me if this post offends anyone. I have been wondering for a little while now how you all think Coach Mcneill is doing. I have nothing against him but think your football program could be better . How would you all feel about someone like jim chaney the OC at Tennessee or jeff mullen at West Virginia,even manny diaz at Texas.

He is a man of good character, but not a good head coach. The losses we have this year were strictly from being outcoached. The wins are from outcoaching poorly coached teams. We can't beat good teams because they have better coaches. That is a painful fact. We may go 9-3 this year, but the record won't say much because all we did is beat a bunch of cream puffs. Our wins come against three D1 schools with a 4-24 combined record.

Skip's teams knew fundamentals, which I don't see our team practicing.
10-20-2012 10:00 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.