Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Does anyone else feel the same way as I do?
Bookmark and Share
miko33 Offline
Defender of Honesty and Integrity

I Root For: Alma Mater
Does anyone else feel the same way as I do?
With ND as a partial member of the ACC, the speculation will continue on when ND joins as an all sports member and who the 16th school will be. Of course the 2 usual suspects always end up being UCONN and Rutgers. I'll be honest with you and tell you that I can't stand either school - but for different reasons. With Rutgers, I have developed a strong dislike of them because of how their fans became obnoxious ever since Ray Rice first hit the scene at their school. But to dig into it deeper, I suppose it's very much analogous to the strong dislike I've had for WVU and PSU really. Bottom line, despite my strong dislike of Rutgers, I think I would be happy if they were the 16th school added. Dare I say it almost feels a little like a rivalry type of dislike?

UCONN, OTOH, I just dislike strongly because of the school itself. I think their BB program is extremely dirty and they looked the other way on a lot of Calhoun's slime ball antics. UCONN fans are highly obnoxious too. But unlike Rutgers, who has "paid their dues" with garbage football for a VERY long time, UCONN fans and the school seems to have this entitled feeling that they deserve to be great at FB. They almost come across as petulant children if their FB program reeks or isn't doing it fast enough. I sincerely believe that UCONN will never become a football power simply due to location alone. I NEVER NEVER NEVER want to see UCONN join the ACC EVER.

Anyone else feel the same?
09-29-2012 10:33 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ndlutz Offline
I am the liquor.

I Root For: Pitt
RE: Does anyone else feel the same way as I do?

09-29-2012 11:55 AM
ndlutz Offline
I am the liquor.

I suppose you could analogize the choice as being between syphilis and gonorrhea for you, then, as a friend of mine used to say when asked whether he would rather see Pitt or ND win their annual game. Classy Penn Stater, of course.

I really don't dislike either of them. I really do not like Calhoun but recognize UConn is the better brand of the two. Rutgers, on the other hand, doesn't really bring up strong feelings of dislike from me towards anyone. I really didn't like Schiano for some reason when he was the Rutgers coach (perhaps due to all the Pitt defections that landed in his lap). I also like the fact that they're in NJ because Pitt recruits there fairly hard and secondly, my girlfriend has some ties to NJ and so I have a place to stay should I venture to Rutgers for a game.

Also, sometimes I am persuaded to feel one way or another by the actions of the fans on this board towards a particular school. The Rutgers fans are great - particularly Brista. UConn? Not so much.
09-29-2012 12:02 PM
7fielder Offline
1st String

I Root For: Pittsburgh
UClown will NEVER be invited to the ACC. Thanks to two things.

1. Calhoun and his dirty recruiting.
2. Boston College.

As for Rutgers... they are just a silly punk program. Ex; the way they celebrated after their Arky win. I think it just rubs down from their former silly punk coach Greg Schiano...
10-01-2012 11:08 AM
Shannon Panther Offline
Heisman

Donators
Re: Does anyone else feel the same way as I do?
I would rather see Rutgers for a host of reasons. The are higher ranled academically than UConn, they are also an AAU school. T hey do more research than UConn does and I believe they have a higher endowment as well.

As far as sports goes they are a better football brand and NJ is one of the better recruiting areas of the country. UConn is superior in BB eight now, but Rice is a good coach and Calhoin is gone. Basically they have a higher ceiling all around.

Finally, several UConn fans have graced my ignore list. No Rutgers fans hang out there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
10-03-2012 10:00 AM
ClairtonPanther Offline
people need to wake up

I Root For: Pitt/Navy

Donators
I'd rather see Louisville.
10-03-2012 11:25 AM
Advertisement

cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: Syracuse

Donators
(10-03-2012 11:25 AM)ClairtonPanther Wrote:  I'd rather see Louisville.

I would rather see Louisville too, but because of academics, its very doubtful for them. I dont want to be associated with Uconn anymore either. I have similar feelings to Uconn as Miko does. I've never had a chance to associate with a sensible Uconn fan in my personal life, my business life, or my CSN life, except for Uconn Baseball. I think they are an endangered species. I dont mind Rutgers at all, and I think with a decent Rutgers in the Acc, the Acc could dominate the entire east coast.

BTW, I hope you guys dont mind a Cuse fan weighing in on this subject, lol.
(This post was last modified: 10-03-2012 12:03 PM by cuseroc.)
10-03-2012 11:57 AM
Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
(10-03-2012 11:57 AM)cuseroc Wrote:  
(10-03-2012 11:25 AM)ClairtonPanther Wrote:  I'd rather see Louisville.

I would rather see Louisville too, but because of academics, its very doubtful for them. I dont want to be associated with Uconn anymore either. I have similar feelings to Uconn as Miko does. I've never had a chance to associate with a sensible Uconn fan in my personal life, my business life, or my CSN life, except for Uconn Baseball. I think they are an endangered species. I dont mind Rutgers at all, and I think with a decent Rutgers in the Acc, the Acc could dominate the entire east coast.

BTW, I hope you guys dont mind a Cuse fan weighing in on this subject, lol.

If CuseRoc is jumping in, count me in too... Louisville! I don't care about their academics - I'm sure they'll be fine (I mean, are we talking community college courses or what? Can I get a degree in photography from U of L ?)
10-03-2012 02:29 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
7fielder Offline
1st String

I'm pretty sure UL has been working very hard to improve their academic standing as well... I mean 25 years ago Pitt was nothing to raive about either.
10-03-2012 03:14 PM
ClairtonPanther Offline
people need to wake up

I Root For: Pitt/Navy

Donators
I think people forget that an Academic Coalition would help build Louisville's profile as well. Both UL & UC came along way during their tenure in the Big East. Just a simple alignment helps out.
10-03-2012 03:34 PM
Shannon Panther Offline
Heisman

Donators
Re: RE: Does anyone else feel the same way as I do?
(10-03-2012 03:14 PM)7fielder Wrote:  I'm pretty sure UL has been working very hard to improve their academic standing as well... I mean 25 years ago Pitt was nothing to raive about either.

Hey now, I was at Pitt 25 years ago. Pitt was always a good school, but they have improved in the last 15 years or so.

Sent from my Toshiba Thrive using Tapatalk2.
10-03-2012 07:07 PM
Advertisement

miko33 Offline

(10-03-2012 07:07 PM)Shannon Panther Wrote:  
(10-03-2012 03:14 PM)7fielder Wrote:  I'm pretty sure UL has been working very hard to improve their academic standing as well... I mean 25 years ago Pitt was nothing to raive about either.

Hey now, I was at Pitt 25 years ago. Pitt was always a good school, but they have improved in the last 15 years or so.

Sent from my Toshiba Thrive using Tapatalk2.

2nd that Shannon - though I was at Pitt more recently than you were...:)

Pitt was never as poor at academics as UL was. Prior to Nordy, Pitt was a good school. Nordy just took it into the realm of almost elite wrt research expenditures.
10-03-2012 09:18 PM
7fielder Offline
1st String

I certainly apologize... didn't mean anything by it. I did not mean to say that Pitt was ever a bad school. Poor choice of words on my part. But agreed with Miko above is the top research that more than likely was necessary for entry to the ACC is what has really blown up since Nordy took over....
10-04-2012 11:40 AM
Shannon Panther Offline
Heisman

Donators
Re: RE: Does anyone else feel the same way as I do?
(10-04-2012 11:40 AM)7fielder Wrote:  I certainly apologize... didn't mean anything by it. I did not mean to say that Pitt was ever a bad school. Poor choice of words on my part. But agreed with Miko above is the top research that more than likely was necessary for entry to the ACC is what has really blown up since Nordy took over....

No apology needed. I was just having fun. Truth be told, I think I would still get into Pitt today, but I would be lower on the admissions scale.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
10-04-2012 12:53 PM
miko33 Offline

I wasn't offended in anyway either. I know that Pitt has improved a lot under Nordy, although some of the schools have their share of issues...(Katz and Law School)
10-04-2012 02:32 PM
CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
(10-03-2012 03:34 PM)ClairtonPanther Wrote:  I think people forget that an Academic Coalition would help build Louisville's profile as well. Both UL & UC came along way during their tenure in the Big East. Just a simple alignment helps out.

Cincinnati:

Good Football and Basketball
Garners $500M in research
Nationally ranked programs in Architecture/Design, Music, Business, Law, Medicine, Aerospace Engineering, etc.
$1B+ Endowment
Currently #139 in USNR College Rankings but on the trend upward. Plan in place to be top 100 in the next decade
42K students, over 200K living alums
State of Ohio has 11M People (untapped for Raycom Sports)
Fertile Recruiting Grounds
(This post was last modified: 10-04-2012 03:59 PM by CliftonAve.)
10-04-2012 03:58 PM
Advertisement

miko33 Offline

(10-04-2012 03:58 PM)CliftonAve Wrote:  
(10-03-2012 03:34 PM)ClairtonPanther Wrote:  I think people forget that an Academic Coalition would help build Louisville's profile as well. Both UL & UC came along way during their tenure in the Big East. Just a simple alignment helps out.

Cincinnati:

Nationally ranked programs in Architecture/Design, Music, Business, Law, Medicine, Aerospace Engineering, etc.
$1B+ Endowment
Currently #139 in USNR College Rankings but on the trend upward. Plan in place to be top 100 in the next decade

I thought Cincy fans felt the BE was the better conference that will get paid more money and will have a lot of better schools for athletics vs the ACC? Not being a smart ass, but the BE boards are constantly talking about how terrible the ACC is. I know RU and UCONN fans are not enamored with the BE, but I thought UC fans were happy with it.
10-04-2012 05:19 PM
ndlutz Offline
I am the liquor.

(10-04-2012 02:32 PM)miko33 Wrote:  I wasn't offended in anyway either. I know that Pitt has improved a lot under Nordy, although some of the schools have their share of issues...(Katz and Law School)

Nice - the two schools I attended!
10-04-2012 06:29 PM
CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
(10-04-2012 05:19 PM)miko33 Wrote:  
(10-04-2012 03:58 PM)CliftonAve Wrote:  

Cincinnati:

$1B+ Endowment

I thought Cincy fans felt the BE was the better conference that will get paid more money and will have a lot of better schools for athletics vs the ACC? Not being a smart ass, but the BE boards are constantly talking about how terrible the ACC is. I know RU and UCONN fans are not enamored with the BE, but I thought UC fans were happy with it.

The guys that post on the Big East General Board are for the most part basketball fans. They are still happy with the makeup of the basketball conference.

The second issue is that UC fans have made a point not to make themselves look like fans and administrations of some other schools who are begging for entrance into the B12 and/or ACC (UCONN, Louisville). Louisville fans were going around this whole year acting as if they were already members of the B12.
UC will make the best of whatever situation is dealt to them.
10-04-2012 06:48 PM
7fielder Offline
1st String

Fair enough on Clifton's part. Personally, if we get the Irish in all sports then there are several teams that I would be good with as the 16th team. UC is up pretty high on that list...
10-04-2012 07:02 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.