Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Taxpayers spent 1.4 Billion on Obama's family
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
Taxpayers spent 1.4 Billion on Obama's family
Taxpayers spent $1.4 billion on Obama family last year, perks questioned in new book

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/09/26/taxpay...z27gSfweuY
09-27-2012 10:21 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

I'mMoreAwesomeThanYou Offline
Medium Pimping

I Root For: America
RE: Taxpayers spent 1.4 Billion on Obama's family
(09-27-2012 10:21 AM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  Taxpayers spent $1.4 billion on Obama family last year, perks questioned in new book

Queue the resident libs making false equivalencies to Bush and stating that somehow makes this ok.
09-27-2012 10:52 AM
RobertN Offline
Legend

I Root For: THE NIU Huskies
(09-27-2012 10:21 AM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  Taxpayers spent $1.4 billion on Obama family last year, perks questioned in new book

Wow. THe Daily Caller and this is coming from a new book(just in time for the election). Yeah, there is no bias and/or spin there. 01-wingedeagle
09-27-2012 11:42 AM
Tom in Lazybrook Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: So Alabama, GWU
Guys, I'm surprised the number is so LOW. They're including all the security and expenses of protecting the President as he does the job of being President.

My guess is that they've spent millions on protecting Romney too.

Furthermore, some of the 'perks' established have existed for decades are are maintained for the partial governmental benefit, like Camp David.

My question is this, what has Obama done as far as perks that is different than previous Presidents.

If you'd like to open up a discussion as to the benefits we provide to our Presidents, you are welcome to do so.
09-27-2012 11:48 AM
OLD DIRTY Offline
Banned

I Root For: Old Dominion
"Redistribution of Wealth" indeed
09-27-2012 11:51 AM
Advertisement

firmbizzle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UF, UCF
You mean protecting them from crazies who are incited by websites like this?
09-27-2012 12:30 PM
DrTorch Offline
Proved mach and GTS to be liars

I Root For: ASU, BGSU
CrappiesDonatorsBalance of Power Contest
(09-27-2012 11:48 AM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  My question is this, what has Obama done as far as perks that is different than previous Presidents.

These aren't all perks.

Quote:Gray told The Daily Caller that the $1.4 billion spent on the Obama family last year is the “total cost of the presidency,” factoring the cost of the “biggest staff in history at the highest wages ever,” a 50 percent increase in the numbers of appointed czars and an Air Force One “running with the frequency of a scheduled air line.”

I'm curious how this ranks w/ other presidents too. But, the indication is that this is just another cause for concern. Lavish excess at the expense of the taxpayers.
09-27-2012 12:47 PM
Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

I Root For: Dragons

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
(09-27-2012 12:30 PM)firmbizzle Wrote:  You mean protecting them from crazies who are incited by websites like this?

Crazies don't need websites to incite them.
09-27-2012 12:48 PM
UCF08 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCF
(09-27-2012 12:48 PM)Smaug Wrote:  
(09-27-2012 12:30 PM)firmbizzle Wrote:  You mean protecting them from crazies who are incited by websites like this?

Crazies don't need websites to incite them.

It certainly doesn't help though
09-27-2012 02:22 PM
Advertisement

gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

I Root For: Southern Miss

Survivor Champion
I'm by no means a supporter of Obama but you have to take into account the places he's went, the price of fuel for the jet, and the added staff.

It doesn't bother me he took AF1 to NY or to any meeting overseas or on A family vacation this year, however, several family vacations every year has bothered me when some families were told to suck it up due to the rising fuel prices or have staycations.
09-27-2012 02:47 PM
UCF08 Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-27-2012 02:47 PM)gdunn Wrote:  I'm by no means a supporter of Obama but you have to take into account the places he's went, the price of fuel for the jet, and the added staff.

It doesn't bother me he took AF1 to NY or to any meeting overseas or on A family vacation this year, however, several family vacations every year has bothered me when some families were told to suck it up due to the rising fuel prices or have staycations.

Again, this number doesn't mean much without historical context.
09-27-2012 02:54 PM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

Survivor Champion
(09-27-2012 02:54 PM)UCF08 Wrote:  
(09-27-2012 02:47 PM)gdunn Wrote:  I'm by no means a supporter of Obama but you have to take into account the places he's went, the price of fuel for the jet, and the added staff.

Again, this number doesn't mean much without historical context.

I'm sorry. You're correct.

How many vacations did you take this year to another country or Hawaii or Mexico?
09-27-2012 02:57 PM
Fort Bend Owl Offline
Legend

I Root For: An easy win
The Parliament Awards
I call b.s. on the story when the article claims $1.4 billion for Obama and only $57 million for the English royal family in comparison? Baloney - how much did it cost to parachute the Queen into the opening ceremonies of the Olympics?

I'm sure Obama has too many 'czars' as the article calls it. And maybe he takes too many vacations. But this article seems a little hyperbole - how many movies would he have to see in the White House private movie theater to equate to a $1.4 billion bill? That's a lot of popcorn and jujubes.
09-27-2012 03:03 PM
Advertisement

gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

Survivor Champion
(09-27-2012 03:03 PM)Fort Bend Owl Wrote:  I call b.s. on the story when the article claims $1.4 billion for Obama and only $57 million for the English royal family in comparison? Baloney - how much did it cost to parachute the Queen into the opening ceremonies of the Olympics?

I'm sure Obama has too many 'czars' as the article calls it. And maybe he takes too many vacations. But this article seems a little hyperbole - how many movies would he have to see in the White House private movie theater to equate to a $1.4 billion bill? That's a lot of popcorn and jujubes.

I think it's more of the cost of the use of AF1 and the staff.

Believe it or not, presidents have to buy all the food they consume at the White House. The tax payers foot the bill for the cooks and such, but they buy the food.
09-27-2012 03:06 PM
UCF08 Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-27-2012 03:06 PM)gdunn Wrote:  
(09-27-2012 03:03 PM)Fort Bend Owl Wrote:  I call b.s. on the story when the article claims $1.4 billion for Obama and only $57 million for the English royal family in comparison? Baloney - how much did it cost to parachute the Queen into the opening ceremonies of the Olympics?

Believe it or not, presidents have to buy all the food they consume at the White House. The tax payers foot the bill for the cooks and such, but they buy the food.

Wow, really? I find that quite odd. Not that I really care either way really but it's weird that so much is taken care of but food? Nope.

Then again I'd wager the dinners used for state functions are covered.
(This post was last modified: 09-27-2012 03:08 PM by UCF08.)
09-27-2012 03:08 PM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

Survivor Champion
(09-27-2012 03:08 PM)UCF08 Wrote:  
(09-27-2012 03:06 PM)gdunn Wrote:  

Wow, really? I find that quite odd. Not that I really care either way really but it's weird that so much is taken care of but food? Nope.

Then again I'd wager the dinners used for state functions are covered.

I can't remember.. And I could have that wrong.. I read it back when Obama came in they had an article about it.. I think maybe they pay for their toiletries and food, but state dinners was different. Or maybe they pay for snacks. But that's part of the reason the President has a salary.

Yep here's an article on it, not the one I recall but close:

http://www.mentalfloss.com/blogs/archives/21928
(This post was last modified: 09-27-2012 03:21 PM by gdunn.)
09-27-2012 03:18 PM
HuskieFan84 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU, White Sox
One would think the wages went up, as they've consistently done. I don't know why that's even worth commenting on DrT?

And again, like others said, without historical context this number is meaningless.
09-27-2012 04:41 PM
Advertisement

OLD DIRTY Offline
Banned

I Root For: Old Dominion
He should blame rampant INFLATION
(This post was last modified: 09-27-2012 05:49 PM by OLD DIRTY.)
09-27-2012 05:40 PM
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
Much to do about nothing. I doubt this figure is accurate and is including the same things that have been spent on our previous Masters.
09-28-2012 08:38 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.