Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Are you guys seeing many Romney/Ryan signs?
Fort Bend Owl Offline
Legend

I Root For: An easy win
The Parliament Awards
Are you guys seeing many Romney/Ryan signs?
I was just thinking that four years ago I saw a ton of McCain/Palin signs since I live in a mostly Republican part of Houston. If I go into certain neighborhoods to my north, I'll see Obama-Biden signs.

But I'm not seeing the Romney-Ryan signs this year (I am still seeing Obama-Biden in the usual spots). Is it just Texas or is this true everywhere?

It's not a major deal and certainly won't effect the race one way or the other. It's just an oddity. I do see a lot of folks on Facebook who let me know they like Mitt Romney. But that's about it.
09-26-2012 04:36 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

UCF08 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCF
RE: Are you guys seeing many Romney/Ryan signs?
I really think he's 2012's version of Kerry.
09-26-2012 04:38 PM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
I have way more Romney signs than Obama signs near my home. Probably like 6-1.

Funny thing, on the way to my brother's house in Northwest Ohio there is this one house along the Maumee River that still has a McCain Palin sign in their front yard. I chuckle every time I go by.
09-26-2012 04:42 PM
49RFootballNow Offline
He who walks without rhythm

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
In Charlotte I've seen ZERO Romney or Obama yard signs so far and that's all for the good IMHO. Mostly bumper stickers are what I see here. People are tired of the 24/7 campaigning cycle that has occurred over the last few years.
(This post was last modified: 09-26-2012 04:44 PM by 49RFootballNow.)
09-26-2012 04:43 PM
UCF08 Offline
Hall of Famer

Yeah, I've seen less signs overall. I think that they might just be going out of style nowadays.
09-26-2012 04:44 PM
Dak10 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Ron Paul
Tons of Obama/Cohen signs in Memphis. A lot of Obama/Biden, too. Both to be expected. Not much Romney at all. I've seen 1 R^2 sticker and a couple Romney bumper stickers. Maybe 5 signs. Memphis is liberal and I live Downtown which is a decent drive from the suburbs, but I was just thinking the other day about how the Romney campaign has just a few out and about. Kind of surprising when you consider the hate the current President receives.
09-26-2012 05:15 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Jugnaut Offline
Heisman

I see a lot of "Defend Freedom, Defeat Obama" signs.
09-26-2012 05:40 PM
georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
ZERO Romney signs. In the places where I'd usually see heavy Ron Paul signs there are now Gary Johnson signs. But they are stolen with alarming speed. Even the Gary Johnson sign in my own yard was stolen ... which just reinforces that neocons have no issue with theft of private property if it is in their interests.
09-26-2012 05:44 PM
aTxTIGER Offline
Carrot Dude Gave Me 10% Warning

I Root For: Fire Jose!!!!!

Donators
I work out in Collierville, TN and there are a lot fewer Romney signs than I expected. BTW Dak, me and you are basically neighbors.
09-26-2012 05:46 PM
Dak10 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Ron Paul
(09-26-2012 05:46 PM)aTxTIGER Wrote:  I work out in Collierville, TN and there are a lot fewer Romney signs than I expected. BTW Dak, me and you are basically neighbors.

You're a member of the 38103?
09-26-2012 05:57 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bull_In_Exile Offline
Eternal Pessimist

I Root For: The Underdog
(09-26-2012 04:42 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  I have way more Romney signs than Obama signs near my home. Probably like 6-1.

Funny thing, on the way to my brother's house in Northwest Ohio there is this one house along the Maumee River that still has a McCain Palin sign in their front yard. I chuckle every time I go by.

Yea Its like the Kerry bumper stickers I still see..
09-26-2012 06:39 PM
Advertisement

UCF08 Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-26-2012 06:39 PM)Bull_In_Exile Wrote:  
(09-26-2012 04:42 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  I have way more Romney signs than Obama signs near my home. Probably like 6-1.

Yea Its like the Kerry bumper stickers I still see..

The bumper sticks for some reason I find more acceptable to have just forgotten about, I still see a surprising amount of the "W; The President" stickers around my area, but I do find it really, really odd to still see a sign in a yard because you must see it and remember it's there a fair amount.
09-26-2012 06:44 PM
Ninerfan1 Offline
Habitual Line Stepper

I Root For: Charlotte
I see a ton of bumper stickers for Romney/Ryan but few yard signs for either candidate. In 2008 it seemed every other street I went down had an Obama yard sign. I haven't seen a single one this cycle and only 3 Romney signs.
09-26-2012 07:21 PM
BeliefBlazer Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: UAB

DonatorsDonators
I've seen very few signs for either candidate near my home. An occasional bumper sticker for Obama.
09-26-2012 08:27 PM
UCF08 Offline
Hall of Famer

I honestly never understood the appeal of yard signs or bumper stickers, especially is support of a democrat or republican candidate. Third party candidates I can somewhat understand though because their primary concern is exposure.
09-26-2012 08:29 PM
firmbizzle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UF, UCF
I live in a swing district. 2008 voted for Alan "die quickly" Grayson, in 2010 for Daniel Webster. I also live near lots of old people. In 2008, they were strong for McCain, now they aren't for anybody. I'll walk over to one of the old folks homes nearby and take a poll.
09-26-2012 09:43 PM
Advertisement

UConn-SMU Offline
often wrong, never in doubt

I Root For: the AAC
In Dallas, I saw my first (and only) Romney sign today. I haven't seen an Obama sign yet.

There's no point in either side exerting any energy in Texas.
09-26-2012 10:01 PM
UCF08 Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-26-2012 10:01 PM)UConn-SMU Wrote:  In Dallas, I saw my first (and only) Romney sign today. I haven't seen an Obama sign yet.

There's no point in either side exerting any energy in Texas.

Outside of specific areas, this is what I've seen in the central florida area too.
09-26-2012 10:13 PM
Pyrizzo Offline
Eyes in the Sky

I Root For: nothing
Here in NOVA I've surprisingly seen a large number of Romney signs. I have yet to see an Obama sign outside of a home. I only see Obama stickers on Kias and hybrids that are usually accompanied by 100 other stickers. I'm being completely honest btw.
09-27-2012 01:06 AM
DaSaintFan Offline
Dum' Sutherner in Midwest!

I Root For: Southern Miss
(09-26-2012 04:44 PM)UCF08 Wrote:  Yeah, I've seen less signs overall. I think that they might just be going out of style nowadays.

I think it's just one more sign that you should NOT expect the 2008 voter numbers that a lot of pollsters are basing predictions on.

In '08, there was Obama sparking up the Democratic base, and Palin sparking up the conservative base. (while the elite Republicans had "McCain"... and that was it to 'excite' them. )

You don't have that this year... Obama has been a "disappointment" in the words of many 08 Obama voters. And Ryan, while a very good man, doesn't initiate the same spark that Palin did among the grassroots conservatives. Romney _should_ do a better job getting the Republicans out there, but they're not the "politically new but now fire-and-brimstone active" types.
09-27-2012 03:01 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.