Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Travon Chapman
Bookmark and Share
7fielder Offline
1st String

I Root For: Pittsburgh
Travon Chapman
O$U message boards are now buzzing that Meyer has started recruiting Chapman!
09-26-2012 12:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

rc79 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Pitt
RE: Travon Chapman
I didn't see anything on Hineygate. What site?
09-26-2012 06:36 PM
7fielder Offline
1st String

I was told Hineygate... thats scout right? Maybe it was bullshiz? Robert Foster ended up not being suspended on Friday night either... although that was Hineygate and Tony Greco...
(This post was last modified: 09-26-2012 07:33 PM by 7fielder.)
09-26-2012 07:32 PM
Advertisement

rc79 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Pitt
They have a public recruiting forum at Hineygate. I didn't see anything earlier. To be honest, it wouldn't make sense if they were. They've got a blue chipper committed and Braxton Miller is only a soph.
09-26-2012 08:25 PM
ClairtonPanther Offline
people need to wake up

I Root For: Pitt/Navy

Donators
The O$U boards always seem to have some BS on them.
09-26-2012 09:00 PM
Advertisement

7fielder Offline
1st String

(09-26-2012 08:25 PM)rc79 Wrote:  They have a public recruiting forum at Hineygate. I didn't see anything earlier. To be honest, it wouldn't make sense if they were. They've got a blue chipper committed and Braxton Miller is only a soph.

I did see that as well. I also think that Meyer in a way recurits everyone he even has a "mild" interest in just to draw smoke and get other schools hot and bothered.

What's that term used when teams like O$U and U$C are recruiting a kid but they are already stacked at that position so they back off? But they still technically have an offer?
09-27-2012 08:14 AM
miko33 Offline
Defender of Honesty and Integrity

I Root For: Alma Mater
(09-27-2012 08:14 AM)7fielder Wrote:  
(09-26-2012 08:25 PM)rc79 Wrote:  They have a public recruiting forum at Hineygate. I didn't see anything earlier. To be honest, it wouldn't make sense if they were. They've got a blue chipper committed and Braxton Miller is only a soph.

I did see that as well. I also think that Meyer in a way recurits everyone he even has a "mild" interest in just to draw smoke and get other schools hot and bothered.

What's that term used when teams like O$U and U$C are recruiting a kid but they are already stacked at that position so they back off? But they still technically have an offer?

Gray shirt?
09-27-2012 08:40 AM
Advertisement

miko33 Offline
Defender of Honesty and Integrity

I Root For: Alma Mater
Call me crazy, but I think it will be better for Pitt in the long run to have Urban Meyer at OSU than Jim Tressel from a recruiting standpoint. I think Urban is trying to recruit more nationally while Tressel was more interested in locking up OH and going after as much talent in the surrounding states. I did try to verify this aside from checking out some of OSU's recruiting commits for this year. They appear to be more diverse from a location standpoint.
09-27-2012 08:43 AM
SoCalPanther Offline
All American

I Root For: Pitt RPI
(09-27-2012 08:40 AM)miko33 Wrote:  
(09-27-2012 08:14 AM)7fielder Wrote:  

Gray shirt?
Yeah, grey shirting is used when your class is filled up but you ask the recruit to start in January the following year rather than start in August.

Just note that obviously every school slow plays recruits - especially lower rated ones.

For example, if you see Boyd, Foster, and Johnson commit elsewhere, you'll see stories of Pitt go hard after plan 'B' guys for those positions. It's simply natural. Do you want to put all of your eggs into one basket and then that player go elsewhere?
09-27-2012 09:32 AM
Advertisement

7fielder Offline
1st String

Thanks Iberian... it's slow recruit!
09-27-2012 09:59 AM
7fielder Offline
1st String

(09-27-2012 08:43 AM)miko33 Wrote:  Call me crazy, but I think it will be better for Pitt in the long run to have Urban Meyer at OSU than Jim Tressel from a recruiting standpoint. I think Urban is trying to recruit more nationally while Tressel was more interested in locking up OH and going after as much talent in the surrounding states. I did try to verify this aside from checking out some of OSU's recruiting commits for this year. They appear to be more diverse from a location standpoint.

Indeed... their 4 star QB is from Texas!
09-27-2012 09:59 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.