Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Voter watchdog says it's uncovered absentee ballot fraud in Florida, New York
SumOfAllFears Offline
Grim Reaper of Misguided Liberal Souls

I Root For: America

Quote:This is further evidence of just how susceptible our election system is to voter fraud," the group's president, Catherine Engelbrecht, said in a statement.
09-25-2012 05:51 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

I Root For: Broncos
RE: Voter watchdog says it's uncovered absentee ballot fraud in Florida, New York
Surely, CommieTom, Max and others have convinced you that this stuff just doesn't happen (when you're blocked from investigating it).
09-25-2012 06:41 PM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes
RE: Voter watchdog says it's uncovered absentee ballot fraud in Florida, New York
(09-25-2012 06:41 PM)MileHighBronco Wrote:  Surely, CommieTom, Max and others have convinced you that this stuff just doesn't happen (when you're blocked from investigating it).

Their response will be that it's only a small, insignificant number of people and therefore should be ignored. One of them may even provide a graphic illustrating as much.
09-25-2012 07:43 PM
homefry20 Offline
Pay Me at This Window

I Root For: Rationality
I wish they would disclose who these illegal votes were cast in favor of.
09-25-2012 10:57 PM
RobertN Offline
Legend

I Root For: THE NIU Huskies
(09-25-2012 10:57 PM)homefry20 Wrote:  I wish they would disclose who these illegal votes were cast in favor of.
If you use your head, I am pretty sure you can figure it out. Since using your head for something other than a hat rack is not possible, Fox reported it and doesn't comment on who they voted for. THey want you to think like the morons above but in reality, they were voting Republican.
09-26-2012 12:56 AM
dcCid Offline
All American

I Root For: ACC, Big East
(09-25-2012 06:41 PM)MileHighBronco Wrote:  Surely, CommieTom, Max and others have convinced you that this stuff just doesn't happen (when you're blocked from investigating it).

I have said multiple times that most voter fraud is through absentee ballots, yet the GOP insist that voter id's will solve the vote fraud problem. So as usual the republicans are creating laws to solve a problem that i snot a problem with in person voting.

How will a voter id resolve the absentee voter fraud issue?
09-26-2012 07:33 AM
Advertisement

homefry20 Offline
Pay Me at This Window

(09-26-2012 12:56 AM)RobertN Wrote:  
(09-25-2012 10:57 PM)homefry20 Wrote:  I wish they would disclose who these illegal votes were cast in favor of.
If you use your head, I am pretty sure you can figure it out. Since using your head for something other than a hat rack is not possible, Fox reported it and doesn't comment on who they voted for. THey want you to think like the morons above but in reality, they were voting Republican.

Right. If I used my head like you use yours then it would explode from filling with bullshtt.

On the totem pole of life, you fall somewhere between a rapist and a flabby hunk of whale shtt.
09-26-2012 07:37 AM
Max Power Offline
Not Rod Carey

I Root For: NIU, Bradley
(09-26-2012 07:33 AM)dcCid Wrote:  

I have said multiple times that most voter fraud is through absentee ballots, yet the GOP insist that voter id's will solve the vote fraud problem. So as usual the republicans are creating laws to solve a problem that i snot a problem with in person voting.

This.
09-26-2012 07:40 AM
homefry20 Offline
Pay Me at This Window

(09-26-2012 07:40 AM)Max Power Wrote:  

This.

That's a good point. There is likely no feasible way to do it unless you require those absentees to vote at the us embassy or through their military base. Then you could require them to show ID to vote on site.

The biggest problem I have with this issue is that most absentee voters vote republican and Obama has been increasing the red tape a hoops for those ppl to cast a vote while most voter fraud at domestic polling stations has a high democrat consensus and he is trying to remove the restrictions or at least prevent any further restrictions.
09-26-2012 07:48 AM
dcCid Offline
All American

I Root For: ACC, Big East
(09-26-2012 07:48 AM)homefry20 Wrote:  

This.

That's a good point. There is likely no feasible way to do it unless you require those absentees to vote at the us embassy or through their military base. Then you could require them to show ID to vote on site.

The biggest problem I have with this issue is that most absentee voters vote republican and Obama has been increasing the red tape a hoops for those ppl to cast a vote while most voter fraud at domestic polling stations has a high democrat consensus and he is trying to remove the restrictions or at least prevent any further restrictions.

The number of absentee votes for overseas is probably a fraction of the total absentee vote.

What has Obama done to make it more difficult for someone to cast an absentee ballot?

Voting fraud is rare at a polling station, and what makes you think the rare cases skew democratic?
09-26-2012 08:06 AM
homefry20 Offline
Pay Me at This Window

(09-26-2012 08:06 AM)dcCid Wrote:  
(09-26-2012 07:48 AM)homefry20 Wrote:  

This.

The number of absentee votes for overseas is probably a fraction of the total absentee vote.

What has Obama done to make it more difficult for someone to cast an absentee ballot?

Voting fraud is rare at a polling station, and what makes you think the rare cases skew democratic?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/08/...-military/

I don't think absentee votes or voter fraud is beneficial enough for either
Party to make any headway over the other. I just don't like that Obama seems to regulate absentee voters but doesn't want a voter I'd law for domestic voters. I also know here locally in Memphis that nearly every incident of voter fraud has involved a democratic voter.
09-26-2012 08:30 AM
Advertisement

Max Power Offline
Not Rod Carey

Obama didn't sue to take early voting away from the military. He was trying to give the rest of Ohioans the same early voting rights as the military. Politifact rates the conservative claims false--

http://www.politifact.com/ohio/statement...obamas-ca/
Quote:Indeed, Obama’s lawsuit clearly states that it seeks to permit all Ohioans - not just members of the U.S. military - to vote during the three days before the election, as was the case in 2008. The suit in no way suggests restricting early voting by members of the military.

It is simply dishonest for Romney and his backers to claim that Obama’s effort to extend early voting privileges to everyone in Ohio constitutes an attack on military voters’ ability to cast ballots on the weekend before elections.

We rate the claim False.

Nobody is saying that voter fraud doesn't happen-- just that making people show an ID at a polling place does nothing to curb it. People aren't showing up at polls and claiming to be someone else, which is the only type of voter fraud that this would curb. It's too risky (If that person already voted you could be arrested for a felony) and many of the places have video cameras to identify people who try to do this.

These laws are passed in order to keep hundreds of thousands of poor and minorities from voting, by creating hoops for them to jump through. This has nothing to do with the integrity of the system, or concern about actual fraud. The only fraud here is the Republican Party.
09-26-2012 09:46 AM
Max Power Offline
Not Rod Carey

Carnegie-Knight Study Found "Only 10" Cases Of In-Person Voter Impersonation Fraud In More Than A Decade.

http://votingrights.news21.com/article/e...explainer/
Quote:The specter of widespread election fraud has been the professed reason that 37 state legislatures have passed or considered voter identification laws since 2010. Those claiming that illegal votes threaten free and fair elections generally have cited only anecdotes and individual reports of alleged voter fraud.

As part of the News21 national investigation into voting rights in America, a team of reporters took on the unprecedented task of gathering, organizing and analyzing all reported cases of election fraud in the United States since 2000.

How big was this effort?

Over the course of this seven-month investigation, the News21 team sent out more than 2,000 public-records requests and spent nearly $1,800 on fees for records searches and copies of documents. The team also reviewed nearly 5,000 court documents, official records and media reports. The result is the most extensive collection of U.S. election fraud cases ever compiled.

How many cases were found?

To date, the News21 election-fraud database contains information on 2,068 cases.

Two thousand cases of election fraud that could have been prevented by voter ID laws?

Actually, no. The cases reported to News21 from all the public-records requests cover a dozen different kinds of election illegalities and irregularities. Only one of those categories -- impersonation of another voter at a voting place -- involves the kind of fraud that Election Day voter ID laws could prevent.

And only 10 such cases over more than a decade were reported to News21 by election officials and prosecutors across the country. During that time, 146 million Americans were registered to vote.
09-26-2012 09:54 AM
RobertN Offline
Legend

(09-26-2012 07:37 AM)homefry20 Wrote:  

Right. If I used my head like you use yours then it would explode from filling with bullshtt.

On the totem pole of life, you fall somewhere between a rapist and a flabby hunk of whale shtt.
Why do you think that they didn't post the party then? It is obvious that it was FOR Republicans. Fox has a stake in not letting it be known.
09-26-2012 09:57 AM
homefry20 Offline
Pay Me at This Window

(09-26-2012 09:57 AM)RobertN Wrote:  

Why do you think that they didn't post the party then? It is obvious that it was FOR Republicans. Fox has a stake in not letting it be known.

Youre on top of your game today. Youve already alluded to the fact that you vote for the President based on the handouts you can get and now you have created some sort of right wing conspiracy. You are following the liberal handbook perfectly.
09-26-2012 10:00 AM
Redwingtom Online
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
Nothing to see here...move along...

Just more groundwork being laid by faux news to delegitimize the pending Obama victory.

It's really quite sad.
09-26-2012 12:05 PM
Advertisement

RobertN Offline
Legend

(09-26-2012 10:00 AM)homefry20 Wrote:  
(09-26-2012 09:57 AM)RobertN Wrote:  

Youre on top of your game today. Youve already alluded to the fact that you vote for the President based on the handouts you can get and now you have created some sort of right wing conspiracy. You are following the liberal handbook perfectly.
I never admitted or even alluded to such a thing. You are a liar. I vote based on who cares for ALL the citizens of the country-and that rules the Republicons out. I am NOT happy with all of what Obama has done in this regard but it certainly is better than what has been proposed by Stench and Ryan.
(This post was last modified: 09-26-2012 12:22 PM by RobertN.)
09-26-2012 12:21 PM
homefry20 Offline
Pay Me at This Window

(09-26-2012 09:23 AM)RobertN Wrote:  
(09-26-2012 07:15 AM)dcCid Wrote:  
(09-25-2012 11:08 PM)homefry20 Wrote:  What an atrociously biased piece of writing that was

Politico is bipartisan.
Homefry is just upset to know that his beloved Republicon party is falling apart right before his own eyes. He was looking forward to all the handouts he was going to get from Romney being that homefry is a 1%'er. Now he is worried that he will actually have to pay his fair share of taxes. 03-hissyfit

The irony in this statement in another thread means you do care about your handouts since you take shots at me like this.
09-26-2012 12:25 PM
RobertN Offline
Legend

(09-26-2012 12:25 PM)homefry20 Wrote:  
(09-26-2012 09:23 AM)RobertN Wrote:  
(09-26-2012 07:15 AM)dcCid Wrote:  
(09-25-2012 11:08 PM)homefry20 Wrote:  What an atrociously biased piece of writing that was

Politico is bipartisan.
Homefry is just upset to know that his beloved Republicon party is falling apart right before his own eyes. He was looking forward to all the handouts he was going to get from Romney being that homefry is a 1%'er. Now he is worried that he will actually have to pay his fair share of taxes. 03-hissyfit

The irony in this statement in another thread means you do care about your handouts since you take shots at me like this.
Wrong.
09-26-2012 01:42 PM
DaSaintFan Offline
Dum' Sutherner in Midwest!

I Root For: Southern Miss

The only problem with this argument, is I thought absentee ballots are only counted IF the margin of difference between candidates is close enough for a.ballots to make up the difference? (Or at least in some states?)
09-26-2012 04:34 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.