ODU Monarchs

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

These Caa Officials are going to be f*cking like this all season long
Razor Ramon Monarch Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
These Caa Officials are going to be f*cking like this all season long
They are absolutely killing us in this game.

Sure, we've also not helped ourselves by making some dumb ass plays but the refs are continually keeping drives alive for them time and time again with ticky tack personal foul calls.

That last one was just absolutely atrocious and lead DIRECTLY to 6 points for UNH on the next play.

Utterly pathetic.

I think we can expect it all season long too. The CAA refs are going to be against us under directions from that fat ugly smug f*ck weasel Tom Yeager.

You think I'm exaggerating? Just watch and see.
09-22-2012 12:29 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

bit_9 Offline

I Root For: ODU
Re: These Caa Officials are going to be f*cking like this all season long
This is 4th a d 29 all over again.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
09-22-2012 12:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bit_9 Offline

Re: These Caa Officials are going to be f*cking like this all season long
Our corners tackle like jv. Stop the shoulder bumps, that stops working once you weigh more than 80 lbs.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
09-22-2012 12:49 PM
Razor Ramon Monarch Offline
Heisman

RE: These Caa Officials are going to be f*cking like this all season long
Another bullsh*t penalty on the "personal foul" for barely pushing a guy after a pileup.

Good lord the refs are awful.

You can tell that they are doing their absolute best to try and influence this game.
09-22-2012 02:48 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ODUwildman Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: SCSU
Completely agreed. Very ticky-tack ones. Then again, part of it could be the reputation for personal fouls, so they're extra sensitive.

Unbelievable game, though. Defense gets a big fat F+ (plus only for the pick at the end of the game)
09-22-2012 03:18 PM
Monarch Nation Offline
Bench Warmer

(09-22-2012 12:29 PM)Razor Ramon Monarch Wrote:  They are absolutely killing us in this game.

Sure, we've also not helped ourselves by making some dumb ass plays but the refs are continually keeping drives alive for them time and time again with ticky tack personal foul calls.

That last one was just absolutely atrocious and lead DIRECTLY to 6 points for UNH on the next play.

Utterly pathetic.

I think we can expect it all season long too. The CAA refs are going to be against us under directions from that fat ugly smug f*ck weasel Tom Yeager.

You think I'm exaggerating? Just watch and see.

Not exaggerating at all. The CAA has gone out of their way to give us the cold shoulder. We should have done what VCU did - leave those losers without giving them a chance to screw us.

Man, I sure wish I could have gone to the game today. Back problems made me stay at home and watch on TV.
09-22-2012 03:19 PM
Advertisement

finalcloud Offline
2nd String

Terrible calls. On UNH's last TD there was holding on the right tackle. Oh well game over and ODU wins. Screw you CAA.
09-22-2012 03:22 PM
ODUsmitty Offline
Heisman

How many holding penalties did the refs ignore on NEW HAMPSHIRE? Those no-calls were awful. However, we probably caught a break on Mayers 1st touchdown. Have not seen the reply (as was at the game), but looked close to getting knocked out of his hand prior tpo crossing the goal-line.
09-22-2012 05:44 PM
djnva Offline
All American

(09-22-2012 03:18 PM)ODUwildman Wrote:  Completely agreed. Very ticky-tack ones. Then again, part of it could be the reputation for personal fouls, so they're extra sensitive.

Unbelievable game, though. Defense gets a big fat F+ (plus only for the pick at the end of the game)

I think the + should be for stopping UNH on 3 of the last 4 drives.
09-22-2012 09:31 PM
Gilesfan Offline
Hall of Famer

I think people were fired up about the last personal foul call. I watched on Comcast and it was clearly deserved. Just absolute dumb thing to do.
09-24-2012 12:44 PM
EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

(09-24-2012 12:44 PM)Gilesfan Wrote:  I think people were fired up about the last personal foul call. I watched on Comcast and it was clearly deserved. Just absolute dumb thing to do.

I disagree. The runner was clearly still trying to break free and there is no way of truly knowing if the whistle came from the ref or from the stands. I thought it was a terrible call, especially at that juncture of the game.
09-24-2012 12:52 PM
Advertisement

pandorazboxx Offline
2nd String

Is that the foul where the ODU player looked like he hit another kid in the face/helmet? Hard to see from my seats.
09-24-2012 12:54 PM
Gilesfan Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-24-2012 12:52 PM)EverRespect Wrote:  
(09-24-2012 12:44 PM)Gilesfan Wrote:  I think people were fired up about the last personal foul call. I watched on Comcast and it was clearly deserved. Just absolute dumb thing to do.

I disagree. The runner was clearly still trying to break free and there is no way of truly knowing if the whistle came from the ref or from the stands. I thought it was a terrible call, especially at that juncture of the game.

The whistle had blown and the other defenders were walking away. Watch it again. Yes, he shoved/punched the other guy.
(This post was last modified: 09-24-2012 12:58 PM by Gilesfan.)
09-24-2012 12:57 PM
EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

I didn't see the punch. I must have missed the end of that because it looked to me like it was called while the runner was still trying to break free.
09-24-2012 01:01 PM
Tribrocavs Offline
2nd String

I Root For: ODU & "THE" OSU
If we're talking about Arain's PF then, I think you have to take into consideration the fact that linemen absolutely went low, well after the play had ended (on the other sided of the field no less). Yeah, it was dumb for him to retaliate; especially so blatantly. Unfortunately, it seems like a bit of a personallity/character issue. Its hard to coach that out of someone. Even worse if he keeps it up teams will catch on and the frustration and penalties will continue. 03-banghead
09-24-2012 01:08 PM
Gilesfan Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-24-2012 01:08 PM)Tribrocavs Wrote:  If we're talking about Arain's PF then, I think you have to take into consideration the fact that linemen absolutely went low, well after the play had ended (on the other sided of the field no less). Yeah, it was dumb for him to retaliate; especially so blatantly. Unfortunately, it seems like a bit of a personallity/character issue. Its hard to coach that out of someone. Even worse if he keeps it up teams will catch on and the frustration and penalties will continue. 03-banghead

No, the one where the RB was stuffed and whistle had blown.
09-24-2012 01:10 PM
Advertisement

djnva Offline
All American

(09-24-2012 12:57 PM)Gilesfan Wrote:  The whistle had blown and the other defenders were walking away. Watch it again. Yes, he shoved/punched the other guy.

A shove and a punch are VASTLY different. If he punched at the guy, then by all means. If he shoved the guy back--eh, it's football. Is that really something that results in a personal foul? There's shoving after a lot of plays.
09-24-2012 01:18 PM
Tribrocavs Offline
2nd String

I Root For: ODU & "THE" OSU
(09-24-2012 01:10 PM)Gilesfan Wrote:  
(09-24-2012 01:08 PM)Tribrocavs Wrote:  If we're talking about Arain's PF then, I think you have to take into consideration the fact that linemen absolutely went low, well after the play had ended (on the other sided of the field no less). Yeah, it was dumb for him to retaliate; especially so blatantly. Unfortunately, it seems like a bit of a personallity/character issue. Its hard to coach that out of someone. Even worse if he keeps it up teams will catch on and the frustration and penalties will continue. 03-banghead

No, the one where the RB was stuffed and whistle had blown.

I had an endzone view so I didn't get a good view of that one. From my angle it just looked like any normal stuffed run play were everyone swarms to the ball. I do recall thinking that the whistle blew a little later than it should and of course the flag seemed really ticky tack.
09-24-2012 01:19 PM
Gilesfan Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-24-2012 01:18 PM)djnva Wrote:  
(09-24-2012 12:57 PM)Gilesfan Wrote:  The whistle had blown and the other defenders were walking away. Watch it again. Yes, he shoved/punched the other guy.

A shove and a punch are VASTLY different. If he punched at the guy, then by all means. If he shoved the guy back--eh, it's football. Is that really something that results in a personal foul? There's shoving after a lot of plays.

If you have Comcast and they replay the game, watch it again. I"m as big a homer as anyone and it was clearly a penalty. *And he did it right beside the official.
09-24-2012 01:26 PM
djnva Offline
All American

I'll try to catch it on replay. I was sitting on the opposite side of the field, so it looked like a simple shove to me.
09-24-2012 01:37 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.