Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

About Boise St offense
DexterDevil Offline
DCTID

I Root For: EMU, DCFC
About Boise St offense
When you face 2 defensively tough teams in MSU and BYU and have trouble, I wouldn't think that'd qualify as a bad offense, and Boise St's defense is for real, I don't care what anyone says, I see them winning out and going to a BCS game.
09-21-2012 02:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Duffman Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Boise State
RE: About Boise St offense
(09-21-2012 02:43 PM)DexterDevil Wrote:  When you face 2 defensively tough teams in MSU and BYU and have trouble, I wouldn't think that'd qualify as a bad offense, and Boise St's defense is for real, I don't care what anyone says, I see them winning out and going to a BCS game.

+1 long season still. But we nd to lose twice no matter what
09-21-2012 03:02 PM
Chevelle Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: UCF
(09-21-2012 02:43 PM)DexterDevil Wrote:  When you face 2 defensively tough teams in MSU and BYU and have trouble, I wouldn't think that'd qualify as a bad offense, and Boise St's defense is for real, I don't care what anyone says, I see them winning out and going to a BCS game.

Agreed, BYU and Michigan State are fantastic defenses, and for losing both a 4 year starting quarterback and star running back, Boise looks to be in a good position being 2-1 after your toughest games. Southwick will excel facing most of the MWC, along with Harper who will tear it up.
09-21-2012 03:17 PM
War Torn Ruston Offline
Banned

I see us winning out as well but I am not sure about the BCS game. I kind of figured we would get some crap thrown our way because the way we have looked early but honestly, very few teams could return with 6 returning starters (2 of which have not played in every game and only 1 starter back on defense) and could of stayed close to Michigan State. We have also lost 2 offensive coordinators in 2 years! If anything I thought that would prove that Boise State is legit. Guess not.
Coach Pete is gonna make the changes he needs to make. We will be just fine.
If we win out or not, I do think Boise State is good enough for the Big East and will be a top tier Big East team. I am confident we will prove it.
09-21-2012 03:42 PM
Advertisement

BoiseAlum Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Boise
(09-21-2012 03:02 PM)Duffman Wrote:  

+1 long season still. But we nd to lose twice no matter what

+2. This offense isn't bad. But it sure ain't what we've seen recently out of Boise. 11-1 is doable, though I'm not counting my chickens yet!
09-21-2012 03:53 PM
NothingButKnight Offline
All American

I Root For: UCF, LSU
11-1 is possible, but it won't be as easy as years past. I see 10-2 and then whatever happens in the bowl game.
09-21-2012 04:07 PM
War Torn Ruston Offline
Banned

Patti supposed to be our next great QB but I am pretty sure he redshirted.
09-21-2012 05:36 PM
Advertisement

Duffman Offline
Bench Warmer

(09-21-2012 04:07 PM)NothingButKnight Wrote:  11-1 is possible, but it won't be as easy as years past. I see 10-2 and then whatever happens in the bowl game.
This. I can see for lobo game running 2qb's. works for other team why not bsu? Joe has talent. just missing that edge that makes players great.
(This post was last modified: 09-21-2012 05:48 PM by Duffman.)
09-21-2012 05:46 PM
TOGC Offline
Resident genius

I Root For: Memphis
Boise needs a kicker desperately. They went for it on fourth down a couple of times when they were in FG range. That tells you that the coaches don't have faith in the kickers.
09-21-2012 05:52 PM
BoiseAlum Offline
2nd String

(09-21-2012 05:36 PM)War Torn Ruston Wrote:  Patti supposed to be our next great QB but I am pretty sure he redshirted.

They could decide to burn his redshirt at any time during the season. Personally I hope they don't, but after Southwick I do believe he is our next best option. So I guess we'll see.
09-21-2012 09:02 PM
Advertisement

BoiseAlum Offline
2nd String

(09-21-2012 05:52 PM)TOGC Wrote:  Boise needs a kicker desperately. They went for it on fourth down a couple of times when they were in FG range. That tells you that the coaches don't have faith in the kickers.

Nope. And after watching our first string kicker miss 3 in a row from 35 yards during practice, I don't either!
09-21-2012 09:04 PM
BSUFiend Offline
2nd String

(09-21-2012 09:04 PM)BoiseAlum Wrote:  
(09-21-2012 05:52 PM)TOGC Wrote:  Boise needs a kicker desperately. They went for it on fourth down a couple of times when they were in FG range. That tells you that the coaches don't have faith in the kickers.

Nope. And after watching our first string kicker miss 3 in a row from 35 yards during practice, I don't either!

I'm a mixed bag on this one. How many times were we 4th down and within FG range? 5-ish? Maybe more.. He's gotta be able to convert one of those and then it's a two score game. I mean that's asking for a 20% accuracy at minimum! You gotta give the kid game reps. Otherwise you go all year showing you don't have any confidence in him and then suddenly trot him out to kick a game winning FG against TCU.
09-22-2012 01:27 AM
BoiseAlum Offline
2nd String

(09-22-2012 01:27 AM)BSUFiend Wrote:  
(09-21-2012 09:04 PM)BoiseAlum Wrote:  

I'm a mixed bag on this one. How many times were we 4th down and within FG range? 5-ish? Maybe more.. He's gotta be able to convert one of those and then it's a two score game. I mean that's asking for a 20% accuracy at minimum! You gotta give the kid game reps. Otherwise you go all year showing you don't have any confidence in him and then suddenly trot him out to kick a game winning FG against TCU.

Oh I agree. Game reps are how these kids are going to get better! Coach Pete has to stick with it and get them some kicks during the game. But it really surprised me to see Frisina miss 3 kicks during warmups, all from the same spot at about the 25 yard line.
09-22-2012 02:15 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.