ODU Monarchs

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Richmond FB game tickets on sale (9/29)
devyanks90 Offline
All American

I Root For: Old Dominion

Folding@NCAAbbs
Richmond FB game tickets on sale (9/29)
Richmond finally put single game tickets on sale for next weekend's game. $30 each and looking at section maps, there are not a whole lot of seats left.

https://www.ticketreturn.com/prod2/Buy.a...ntID=78474
(This post was last modified: 09-20-2012 05:59 PM by devyanks90.)
09-20-2012 05:59 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Stanger Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: ODU
RE: Richmond FB game tickets on sale (9/29)
Thanks for the heads up! Just got mine. Not many left.
09-20-2012 08:29 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mturn017 Online
ODU Homer

Excellent, thanks for looking out. I just picked up 4 in section 216 row Q. I doubt there are any bad seats there.
09-21-2012 08:26 AM
Old Dominion Offline
Heisman

Question for those of you who are just now buying tix for Richmond. Are you season ticket holders? If so do you know you can buy tickets thru ODU for any and all away games at the same time you pay for your season tix? I am always curious if you guys are single game ticket buyers or season ticket holders and just don't realize you can do all of this at one time.
09-21-2012 07:26 PM
BlueBlood14 Offline
Water Engineer

(09-21-2012 07:26 PM)Old Dominion Wrote:  Question for those of you who are just now buying tix for Richmond. Are you season ticket holders? If so do you know you can buy tickets thru ODU for any and all away games at the same time you pay for your season tix? I am always curious if you guys are single game ticket buyers or season ticket holders and just don't realize you can do all of this at one time.

You can't really buy them that early you can only request them. Actually getting them is based on ODAF points. I talked to Justin from ODAF last week and he said you needed at least 200 points to get tickets for the Richmond game. Unless you know of some different way to get them this is the process. I don't know, maybe you have enough points to not have to worry about it.
09-21-2012 07:41 PM
Advertisement

ODUalum78 Online
Overseer of the Unwashed Masses

Lion's Den Poster of the Year
(09-21-2012 07:41 PM)BlueBlood14 Wrote:  
(09-21-2012 07:26 PM)Old Dominion Wrote:  Question for those of you who are just now buying tix for Richmond. Are you season ticket holders? If so do you know you can buy tickets thru ODU for any and all away games at the same time you pay for your season tix? I am always curious if you guys are single game ticket buyers or season ticket holders and just don't realize you can do all of this at one time.

You can't really buy them that early you can only request them. Actually getting them is based on ODAF points. I talked to Justin from ODAF last week and he said you needed at least 200 points to get tickets for the Richmond game. Unless you know of some different way to get them this is the process. I don't know, maybe you have enough points to not have to worry about it.

Three ways.
1. ODAF. If you are a member with points you request them. Hopefully you can get them. These come from the pool of tickets allotted by the host school to the visitor.

2. ODUAA (Alumni Association). They offer combined ticket-tailgate packages for registered alumni. These also come from the allotment.

3. Host School. Sometimes host school does not sell out, or has allotment returns from the visiting school. It then may offer these tickets to the public.
(This post was last modified: 09-21-2012 08:15 PM by ODUalum78.)
09-21-2012 08:03 PM
BlueBlood14 Offline
Water Engineer

(09-21-2012 08:03 PM)ODUalum78 Wrote:  

Three ways.
1. ODAF. If you are a member with points you request them. Hopefully you can get them. These come from the tickets alloted by the host school

2. ODUAA (Alumni Association). They offer combined ticket-tailgate packages for registered alumni. These also come from the allotment.

3. Host School. Sometimes host school does not sell out, or has allotment returns from the visiting. It then offers these tickets to the public.

Other than being alumni, how do you become a member of ODUAA? Is there a cost? What are the benefits?
(This post was last modified: 09-21-2012 08:15 PM by BlueBlood14.)
09-21-2012 08:14 PM
ODUalum78 Online
Overseer of the Unwashed Masses

Lion's Den Poster of the Year
(09-21-2012 08:14 PM)BlueBlood14 Wrote:  
(09-21-2012 08:03 PM)ODUalum78 Wrote:  

Three ways.
1. ODAF. If you are a member with points you request them. Hopefully you can get them. These come from the tickets alloted by the host school

3. Host School. Sometimes host school does not sell out, or has allotment returns from the visiting. It then offers these tickets to the public.

Other than being alumni, how do you become a member of ODUAA? Is there a cost? What are the benefits?

I am glad you asked that! (shameless plug from a chapter board member02-13-banana)

Go to the Lion's Den and register.
http://www.alumniconnections.com/odualumni/

There is no cost. ODU never asks for money. In fact, chartered chapters even get funding from the University.

Many chapters have local events 04-cheers year 'round.

Get involved!

OK, tangential blabber is over, back to the topic. 05-nono
(This post was last modified: 09-21-2012 08:30 PM by ODUalum78.)
09-21-2012 08:26 PM
devyanks90 Offline
All American

Folding@NCAAbbs
I'm a current student, so no season tickets or priority points.
09-21-2012 10:46 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Old Dominion Offline
Heisman

Thanks for clearing this up. You are right, I never thought about the fact you had to have enough points. I just assumed (mistake #1) if you bought season tix you could easily buy away game tix.
09-22-2012 08:58 AM
ODU2K1 Offline
1st String

I'm going to all our road games this year. I did not get tickets through our ticket office once. The big rub is our ticket office waits until two weeks before the game to let you know if you will get tickets or not. Also, save for the UR game when I went through the ODUAA, I have gotten cheaper and probably better seats by calling the opposition box office. Much better customer service too.
09-22-2012 06:08 PM
ODU FrontRunner Offline
2nd String

Got me two tickets for the UR game.
09-22-2012 10:32 PM
EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

(09-21-2012 10:46 PM)devyanks90 Wrote:  

Sounds like craigslist is your best bet.
09-22-2012 10:44 PM
Advertisement

Stanger Offline
Special Teams

(09-22-2012 10:44 PM)EverRespect Wrote:  
(09-21-2012 10:46 PM)devyanks90 Wrote:  

Sounds like craigslist is your best bet.

Good luck, unless you find some ODU tickets for the game. Parents weekend + small stadium equals much more demand than supply. A few weeks ago their were some on stubhub - $95/ticket. Some guy had some on craigslist here a couple weeks ago, said make him an offer. I offered him a little over face value. Turns out he was running his own auction and holding out for the highest bidder. I hadn't heard from him for a couple days after my offer so I emailed him, his response was "I got your offer, if you want to increase it give me your best offer". A$$hole. Lucky I got some when UR's ticket office relased some to the public last week.
09-22-2012 10:53 PM
Matrix Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB, N'Western
ODU...Kills bugs dead (especially Spiders)...
09-22-2012 11:11 PM
ODU2K1 Offline
1st String

(09-22-2012 10:53 PM)Stanger Wrote:  Good luck, unless you find some ODU tickets for the game. Parents weekend + small stadium equals much more demand than supply. A few weeks ago their were some on stubhub - $95/ticket. Some guy had some on craigslist here a couple weeks ago, said make him an offer. I offered him a little over face value. Turns out he was running his own auction and holding out for the highest bidder. I hadn't heard from him for a couple days after my offer so I emailed him, his response was "I got your offer, if you want to increase it give me your best offer". A$$hole. Lucky I got some when UR's ticket office relased some to the public last week.

There are still tickets available online via the UR website. The link is at the top of the thread. Don't fool around with shady Craigslist tools.
09-23-2012 07:16 AM
oduengineer Offline
Bench Warmer

I just got tix through ODUAF and have 3 that were purchased on the UR site a week ago. Face value of $32. PM me.
(This post was last modified: 09-25-2012 07:22 PM by oduengineer.)
09-25-2012 07:19 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.