Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Another bowl added to Big East lineup?
Cat's_Claw Offline
All American

I Root For:

This came from the <a href='http://www.ncaabbs.com/forums/mac/invision/index.php?act=ST&f=1&t=26175' target='_blank'>MAC Board:</a>

MAC Commissioner Rick Chyrst To Meet With Big East

Tonight on MAC Report Radio, Rick Chryst told us that he is meeting with his counterpart in the Big East Conference next week to solidify plans for a third bowl to be held in Toronto. Chryst sounded very optimistic that this bowl game will get approval for the 2006 season, and would of course, feature a MAC vs Big East matchup.
10-13-2005 06:24 PM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

army56mike Offline

I Root For: Liberty & UofL

03-puke But I'll take what we can get.
10-13-2005 06:27 PM
CyberBull Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USF

Nothing says "bowl season" more than a late december football game in an empty Skydome.

Sorry folks....I am undewhelmed about any BE team playing in Toronto and playing fanless MAC team.
10-13-2005 06:55 PM
Cat's_Claw Offline
All American

I Root For:

CyberBull Wrote:Nothing says "bowl season" more than a late december football game in an empty Skydome.

Sorry folks....I am undewhelmed about any BE team playing in Toronto and playing fanless MAC team.
A pay day is a pay day!
10-13-2005 07:00 PM
CyberBull Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USF

If the bowl game only pays out the $750,000 minimum, there is a strong possibility that teams could lose money going to that game after expenses and ticket guarantees are substracted. These made for television type of bowl games like this are a lot like throwing yourself a surprise party.....what's the point?

I would think that most BE fans would rather head South during the winter, and enjoy a mild winter or in some cases clear skies, sunshine and tempertures over 60°.

It's too bad that the BigEast couldn't swing a deal for the Tangerine Bowl in Orlando when the bowl was in place. That would have a natural bowl for USF and a great destination for the rest of the BE.
10-13-2005 08:20 PM
David Krysakowski Offline
1st String

I Root For:

If the Bowl Game is played in Canada, does that mean they have to play by Canadian rules.
10-13-2005 08:22 PM
Advertisement

TIGER-PAUL Offline
All American

I Root For: PITT

maybe by 2010, usf can help us start a bowl in tampa? but for now we have to get what we can. we had the insight for years that only paid the minimum.
10-13-2005 09:50 PM
Jackson1011 Offline

I Root For:

I don't have a problem with this...the Big 10/MAC have made the motor city bowl a success...SU, Uconn and Rutgers are going to be seeing that bowl more then the rest of us anyway

Jackson
10-13-2005 10:12 PM
cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: Syracuse

Donators

Jackson1011 Wrote:I don't have a problem with this...the Big 10/MAC have made the motor city bowl a success...SU, Uconn and Rutgers are going to be seeing that bowl more then the rest of us anyway

&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Jackson
What makes you so sure of this? :D
10-13-2005 10:24 PM
Bearcat 1984 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Cincinnati !!!

what a bunch of sad sacks. maybe you should change your user name to "eyore".

"Thanks for noticin'."

"It'll probably rain."

Toronto is a fun town year round.
10-13-2005 10:55 PM
Ring of Black Offline
Official Person to Blame

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats

cuseroc Wrote:
Jackson1011 Wrote:I don't have a problem with this...the Big 10/MAC have made the motor city bowl a success...SU, Uconn and Rutgers are going to be seeing that bowl more then the rest of us anyway

&nbsp; Jackson
What makes you so sure of this? :D
Good question. Why THOSE teams? Within three years, Cincy is planning on leaving those three in the rearview mirror 03-razz
10-14-2005 12:05 AM
Advertisement

SoCalPanther Offline
All American

I Root For: Pitt RPI

I think traveling to Canada is going to require passports now so fans and the athletic departments of the schools involvement need to get the word out to traveling fans.

Any one else have more info about this?
10-14-2005 04:21 AM
Cat's_Claw Offline
All American

I Root For:

Football goes in cycles so you never know who will be a the top of the conference. Not that long ago Louisville, West Virginia and Pitt were blips on the national radar, having down years, and Syracuse was a national power. Years later UConn and South Florida are the hot new things, Cincinnati was on tear last year, blowing out Top 25 teams, and Rutgers even seems to be turning the corner. You never know who can rise up and be a player.
10-14-2005 05:27 AM
Jackson1011 Offline

I Root For:

Quote:Good question. Why THOSE teams? Within three years, Cincy is planning on leaving those three in the rearview mirror 

-- No offense to those three schools...just saying that the Toronto bowl is will probably try to pull has many political strings as possible to get one of those three because they are the closest and would probably bring the largest crowd..... in yrs when it becomes obvious that WVU will not be in the BCS or Gator bowls then the Mienke bowl in Charlotte starts clamoring for the Mountianeers because they know we will bring a huge crowd there....I would suspect the Tornoto bowl would do the same thing for the same reasons in regard to the nothern branch of the league....if the Tornto bowl has a choice between 6-5 UC or 6-5 Uconn...Uconn will get the call everytime

Jackson
10-14-2005 05:38 AM
cardtopper Offline
1st String

I Root For: LOUISVILLE

Doesn't matter which BEast team plays in the bowl, it's a good bowl to have. I'm sure the fourth or fifth place team will play there. If you go 4-3 in conference and have a 7-4 or 6-5 record overall, I'm sure you would not complain about a bowl in Canada that only pays $750,000. You will just be happy there is a bowl and your team is in it. I hope we get it because like the privious poster said. success goes in cycles. There will be a time when I'll be elated to see UofL in a bowl period....hopefully no time soon 03-wink hopefully no time in my lifetime 03-wink
10-14-2005 01:14 PM
Ring of Black Offline
Official Person to Blame

Jackson1011 Wrote:...if the Tornto bowl has a choice between 6-5 UC or 6-5 Uconn...Uconn will get the call everytime
I think the first time we went to the MCB vs. Marshall, we brought quite a few people, as did Marshall. After that it was like, "been there done that." It's a mentality about UC football that has to change.
10-14-2005 01:29 PM
Advertisement

uconnbaseball Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Divorce, Rivals
The Parliament Awards

I would like UConn to play Miami Ohio one of these days. They, at least, have fan support.
10-14-2005 03:04 PM
Socko Wiethe Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Miami has even a lower fan base than UC. They've traditionally had really good football, but have trouble even drawing 20k for many home games.

On the plus side, I'll second what someone else said -- Toronto is a fantastic town to visit.

And I thought the Canadian rules question was a LOL moment.
10-14-2005 03:19 PM
Ring of Black Offline
Official Person to Blame

Socko Wiethe Wrote:Miami has even a lower fan base than UC. They've traditionally had really good football, but have trouble even drawing 20k for many home games.
I believe the prior post was UConn Baseball's attempt at smack. Pretty funny actually :laugh:

Get ready for Saturday Mr. Baseball 04-rock
10-14-2005 03:25 PM
MU MIke Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

uconnbaseball Wrote:I would like UConn to play Miami Ohio one of these days. They, at least, have fan support.
They sure do.....8,000 for homecoming last year. Averaged about 15,000 last year and will be right around there this year....
10-14-2005 03:52 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.