Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
More Big East on CUSA Board
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Louisville

They will never stop! Here's the link:

<a href='http://www.ncaabbs.com/forums/confusa/invision/index.php?act=ST&f=22&t=30390' target='_blank'>Big East Envy</a>
10-12-2005 09:09 PM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

wvucrazed Offline
Heisman

I Root For: West Virginia

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

LOL, who cares what Marshall fans think? It's rather amusing to see how much they despise WVU.

They had some success in 1-AA and some fleeting success in the nations 2nd worst 1-A league, earned by cheating, and then parlayed that success into a CUSA berth when CUSA had no other viable options (not that MooU is all that viable, as they will eventually learn.)

Then, they managed to whine and moan and beg and scream for the governor to intervene to get their hated "rival" in Morgantown to notice them. I guess it doesn't bother them that they are only playing with the big boys because daddy forced it to happen. I guess they have no pride, but hey... that doesn't surprise me.

Those folks are delusional down there. What they don't realize is that the average WV football fan sees MoooU as slightly (VERY slightly) above Glenville State, Fairmont State, etc. Even at their football peak they rarely if ever filled their stadium, and now that the bottom is falling out watch and see how many people show up to their games after a few losing seaons. They will have UAB-like numbers. And, for God's sake, why on earth would anyone want to go to that festering dump otherwise known as Huntington to play football?

MoooU fans spend all their time hating and despising WVU and blaming WVU for all their problems. But what they apparently don't realize is that WVU fans all just laugh at them. The fact is that WVU considers them to be the equivalent of a small, yammering, obnoxious little dog that just won't shut up. They need to be shooed away back into the Southern Conference where they belong.

Maybe now that everyone realizes what a dirty, renegade program they have been running down there (their coach sure jumped-ship fast, didn't he?), CUSA will do the right thing and dump them for a program with real potential - North Texas, for example - and let the Herd limp back to play the Georgia Southerns of the world.

Ahh, but I don't think we'll be that lucky. Thanks to the Good Ole' Gov, we're stuck with the whiners well into the next decade.

Oh well. Let them gnaw on their livers watching UL/WVU play a real bigtime game with BCS implications while they try to figure out how they are going to beat the SMUs, Rices, and UABs of the world. :snore:
10-12-2005 10:08 PM
nflsucks Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

I'm going to start keeping a tab of how many Big East threads are on that board throughout the season. Jealous obsession.

It's hilarious, each school spits all this venom at us, but deep down, you know that every school in the East is praying that they are the next target for Big East expansion.
10-13-2005 12:31 AM
MU42 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Marshall

Hey wvucrazed
How can you say that the Gov. forced us to play the big boys. In the past few years we have played stronger non-conference schedules than you have. Such as: Kansas St., Tenn, VT(twice), Georiga, Florida, and Ohio St. On the other hand you play a mid to low ACC team in Maryland every year and VT. So you should be happy that we want to play you because IF you do beat us next year people can look back on your season and say "Hey WVU finally beat a worthy non-conference team." You should be praising Manchin for making your schedule harder for the next few years.

Good Luck on running the table in the 7th best conference in the nation.

And to nflsucks, you better hope that the big east steals more teams from C-USA or in a few years they may only be 5 BCS teams.
10-13-2005 12:35 AM
Fanatical Offline
lost in dreams of hops & barley

I Root For: South Park Cows

MU42 Wrote:you better hope that the big east steals more teams from C-USA or in a few years they may only be 5 BCS teams.
What does this mean? :grom:
10-13-2005 01:25 AM
SoCalPanther Offline
All American

I Root For: Pitt RPI

MU42 Wrote:Hey wvucrazed
How can you say that the Gov. forced us to play the big boys.&nbsp; In the past few years we have played stronger non-conference schedules than you have.&nbsp; Such as: Kansas St., Tenn, VT(twice), Georiga, Florida, and Ohio St.&nbsp; On the other hand you play a mid to low ACC team in Maryland every year and VT.&nbsp;
Not to defend WVU, but out of all those games you mentioned, only Kansas State has visited Marshall - and that was a 2/1.

I'm sure if WVU wanted to play all the other teams you listed it would only be a home and home and not just a 2/1 or 1 away game. Its much easier to get big name opps on the schedule when the series is 'unbalanced'.
I do give MU credit for getting VT and Miami on the schedule to Visit MU in the future but again, it's a 2/1.
10-13-2005 01:39 AM
Advertisement

st932253 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Knights

Wouldn't this qualify as another C-USA thread on the Big East board?

Hmmn...good luck with that bowl game against the MAC...in Toronto. I bet USF fans are licking their chops at the chance to go to that one.
10-13-2005 01:42 AM
CardRock Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

UCF Basketball...Div II Final Four???? Ummm there is actually something like that? And what in the world is the TAAC?
10-13-2005 03:56 AM
Bambu Offline
Starving Artist

I Root For: Memphis

Wilkie
do you honestly not see the irony here? the fact is the BE has more
in common in with cusa than the other BCS conferences. Memphis has never
been the whipping boy for UL and we deserve every opportunity UL
and UC now enjoy. And the respect may not be coming.

The truth is, there's waaaaay more CUSA topics here than on our boaard.
And 99% of those threads are started by BE fans.

Please stop with the CUSA comparisons, it''s just not there bro.
You have the bCS, we don't.
Football will keep improving, and ony a fool would discount what these next
3 years of Tiger hoops teams are capable of. Memphis is going to be exactly
what the BE doesn't need . Another powerhouse basketball program.

Don't get me wrong...............I'm a hoops fan, I want BE inclusion just for
the oppurtunity to add "Cuse and UConn to our cof. sched.. And keep
our traditional rivals in Cincy and Louisville. But Memphis "ain't" getting that
BE invite, as much as I wish it would happen. The truth is, I feel our great
rivalry days are over. :wave:
10-13-2005 04:59 AM
KnightLight Offline
Legend

I Root For: UCF

CardRock Wrote:UCF Basketball...Div II Final Four???? Ummm there is actually something like that? And what in the world is the TAAC?
TAAC was a very unsuccessful breath mint that was bought out by another small breath mint manufacture--Tic....and then the Brand Name was changed to Tic Tac.

Long story short...UCF left the Sunbelt in the 90's...for supposedly a TV Deal with Sunshine Network (Now SunSports) to play in a more regional conference call TAAC.

That Conference is now call A-Sun...but its mostly has new members as other teams like Troy St, FAU, FIU, etc...have moved on.

KL

PS. Yeah...sad to think that UCF Hoops USE to be HUGE...as in Div II Huge....shortly after the school was formed...and we drew bigger crowds back then....vs what we draw for many games now.
10-13-2005 06:20 AM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Athletes First

Bambu Wrote:Wilkie
do you honestly not see the irony here? the fact is the BE has more
in common in with cusa than the other BCS conferences. Memphis has never
been the whipping boy for UL and we deserve every opportunity UL
and UC now enjoy. And the respect may not be coming.

The truth is, there's waaaaay more CUSA topics here than on our boaard.

Please stop with the CUSA comparisons, it''s just not there bro.
You have the bCS, we don't.
Football will keep improving, and ony a fool would discount what these next
3 years of Tiger hoops teams are capable of. Memphis is going to be exactly
what the BE doesn't need . Another powerhouse basketball program.

Don't get me wrong...............I'm a hoops fan, I want BE inclusion just for
the oppurtunity to add "Cuse and UConn to our cof. sched.. And keep
our traditional rivals in Cincy and Louisville. But Memphis "ain't" getting that
BE invite, as much as I wish it would happen. The truth is, I feel our great
rivalry days are over. :wave:
1. You only have 1 post on this board about the C-USA. The only reason you even come up is some of our fans want some of the C-USA teams to come to the Big East when the split occurs-(Wilke and Army56Mike).

2. As for quality of play between the two leagues it is not even close right now. We are the much better football league and we are clearly the 6th best league in the nation. C-USA is right there with the MAC as far as quality of football. I need not even bring up basketball because we have the best BBall league in the country while C-USA is a Mid Major.

3. You don't deserve anything, for 20 years Memphis pretty much sucked ****** in football and you were a declining basketball power. Louisville on the other hand had went to 5 straight bowls and had been to with a 15 year period to the Fiesta Bowl. Plus you have Title IX issues.

4. Now go ahead and enjoy those Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday night games-(those are the only times you can get on ESPN) we will be enjoying our game with West Virginia on ABC.
10-13-2005 07:08 AM
Advertisement

chess Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ECU & Nebraska

nflsucks Wrote:I'm going to start keeping a tab of how many Big East threads are on that board throughout the season. Jealous obsession.
I think you are incorrect.

C-USA teams have interest in the Big East (and MWC) for a couple reasons....

1. If Louisville (or South Florida) and TCU win their respective conference ONE year removed from C-USA, it can be viewed as another justification the (former) C-USA was an incredible league.

2. We all recognize the Big East today will not be the Big East of the future. No 16 team league has lasted. C-USA teams (ECU, UCF, Marshall, USM, Tulane, UAB, and Memphis) are interested in BCS dollars.

"Recognizing" the world around you does not mean you are obsessed. It means that you are astute to what is happening and are preparing.

Until we have a playoff or the C-USA and MWC are recognized on the same level as the Big 10, ACC, Pac 10, etc.... your conference will always be of interest for good and bad reasons.
10-13-2005 07:11 AM
cuseroc Online
Super Moderator

I Root For: Syracuse

Donators

st932253 Wrote:Wouldn't this qualify as another C-USA thread on the Big East board?

Hmmn...good luck with that bowl game against the MAC...in Toronto. I bet USF fans are licking their chops at the chance to go to that one.
Thanks for the concern, but dont forget about the bcs bowl and the Gator and the ...... do I need to go on?
10-13-2005 07:31 AM
THE NC Herd Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall

nflsucks Wrote:I'm going to start keeping a tab of how many Big East threads are on that board throughout the season.  Jealous obsession.

It's hilarious, each school spits all this venom at us, but deep down, you know that every school in the East is praying that they are the next target for Big East expansion.
It WAS NOT a Big East thread, it was an I hate WVU thread. :D My #2 most hated team is Notre Dame, that doesn't mean I envy their Independent status. :eek:
10-13-2005 07:32 AM
hbengal Offline
Banned

I Root For: Memphis

I come here to track former conference brothers,and I assume Wilkie does the same with the CUSA board.BCS money aside what would we envy?
10-13-2005 07:52 AM
3601 Offline
HoopDreams' Daddy

I Root For: Omar Sneed

Wilkie,

You post on that board more than I do. Until South Florida dominated Louisville and L-Yes fell off the face of the earth he was on the Memphis board every other day. Let's not get carried away here.
10-13-2005 08:52 AM
Advertisement

nflsucks Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

Quote:And to nflsucks, you better hope that the big east steals more teams from C-USA or in a few years they may only be 5 BCS teams.
Yeah and I'll bet you hope Marshall is one of the teams stolen, or are you one of the fans that have deluded yourself into believing CUSA is better for you?

Quote:The truth is, there's waaaaay more CUSA topics here than on our boaard.
No. The only time CDOA schools are talked about is when we talk about expansion candidates.

Quote:No 16 team league has lasted.
There has never been a conference that's 8 football, 16 basketball. This is definitely a unique case.
10-13-2005 09:08 AM
Cat's_Claw Offline
All American

I Root For:

I really don't care what C-USA thinks anymore. I've pretty much moved on because it's annoying, and I know they're rooting for us to fail. I'd rather rub elbows with conference fans like Pac-10 and SEC and Big Ten fans along with Big 12 fans. Mainly because they're not rooting for us to fail.
10-13-2005 02:27 PM
Cat's_Claw Offline
All American

I Root For:

hbengal Wrote:I come here to track former conference brothers
:rolleyes:
10-13-2005 02:28 PM
Cat's_Claw Offline
All American

I Root For:

THE NC Herd Fan Wrote:It WAS NOT a big Least thread,
Go back to whining on the C-DOA board. P*ssed that I called C-USA C-DOA? Tough. If you don't want to start a flame war stop the name calling.
10-13-2005 02:29 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.