Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Pick this weekend's games
bearcatfan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Bearcats!

UCONN at UC

It's UC's Homecoming game. It's our first BE home game. UCONN is now also starting a redshirt freshman QB. Their defense has done well, but against less than stellar competition. The combined record of UCONN's opponents is 5-21, and that includes Liberty, Buffalo, and Army (yes, UC lost to Army last season, I'll save you the trouble). The combined record of UC's opponents is 15-12, but that includes a 1-AA opponent.

What scares me the most about UCONN is their running game, but again - it has been against some relative weaklings. But they do have a couple of good running backs and the QB appears to be a running threat.

UC should be fired up and they have been challenged by their coach. I think UC puts it all together this weekend and ekes out a win 20-17.

USF at Pitt

What to make of USF? They destroyed UofL. Pitt was still not very impressive in beating the Bearcats. On paper you have to go with USF but I'm guessing that the win over UC helps the Panther's confidence and they are at home.

Pitt in a close one, 24-20

Rutgers at Syracuse - if Syracuse can't beat UCONN, then they probably can't beat Rutgers. But Syracuse is tough at home. Again, I'm going against the on-paper pick and picking Syracuse 23-17

UofL at WVU

WVU will have a loud home crowd. UofL is not invincible, as they showed at UK and USF, but have been on a roll the last couple of games. I think WVU will slow them down some, but UofL also has a good defense.

UofL 34 WVU 24
10-12-2005 10:54 AM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

nflsucks Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

UConn over Cincy
USF over Pitt
Rutgers over Syracuse
WVU over Louisville
10-12-2005 11:27 AM
Maize Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Athletes First

UConn over Cincinnati
USF over Pitt
Rutgers over Syracuse
Louisville over West Virginia in a classic.
10-12-2005 11:50 AM
Ty-Bull Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

UCONN over UC. 31 - 14. UC is WAY TO YOUNG....

USF over PITT. 17-13. USF in a squeaker.

L'ville over WVU. 37-13. Sorry but, I think that USF woke up the GIANT!

Chances of three visiting teams all winning are small. JMHO.....
10-12-2005 11:56 AM
bearcatstubb Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

I am being a homer as well, but I think UC responds this week at home. 21-17. This will be a close game.

Pitt 35 USF 31

Louisville 28 WVU 17

Rutgers 20 Syracuse 14
10-12-2005 12:41 PM
Advertisement

cardtopper Offline
1st String

I Root For: LOUISVILLE

UConn over Cincy (I like Cincy but using my head not my heart. IMHO UConn is just a solid program growing into an elite program)

WVU over UofL (been saying it all summer, why change now...Go Cards make me eat my words).

Pitt over USF (Pitt will beat either USF or WVU...WVU is at home so the victim must be SFU)

Rutgers over Syracuse (Syracuse is in a serious rebuilding mode. Their major accomplishment this year will be staying out of the basement)
10-12-2005 02:30 PM
SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCONN

UCONN ove Cincy 28-7 (I think Cincy gonna find out like everyone else how good our D is)
UL over WVU 31-24. This will be a tough game but fun.
USF over PITT 21-14. I think PITT at home could be trouble for USF but USF pulls this out.
RU over CUSE 24-14. I think RU might finally get one. At least I hope so to make the battle the following week more interesting. I need RU to win so UCONN players wont look past RU the following week.
10-12-2005 02:40 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Ring of Black Offline
Official Person to Blame

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats

UConn 17, UC 13
UL 34, WVU 28
USF 20, Pitt 14
RU 21, SU 17
10-12-2005 03:09 PM
uconnbaseball Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Divorce, Rivals
The Parliament Awards

UConn 23 UC 10
UofL 35 WVU 34
USF 31 Pittiful 12
RU 20 SU 17 3OT
10-12-2005 03:50 PM
Advertisement

zebu97 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

U Conn vs. Cincinnati - U Conn 24-13. While I am not sold on U Conn's defense at this point, Cincy just lost way too much off of last year's team.

Rutgers vs. Syracuse - Rutgers 20-13. Houston . . . er I mean Syracuse, we have a problem - it is called lack of offense! Chalk it up to a new head coach and a new system, and let's be honest here - the former coach did not leave the cupboard stocked with players. Though to be honest it would not surprise me to see Rutgers snatch defeat out of the jaws of victory on this one.

USF vs Pitt - USF 34-17. Same for Pitt as with Syracuse, new coach, new system, lacking in talent. Pitt is dangerous and the weather may be a neutralizing factor but Pitt spanked the crap out of USF last year and I am sure we are still feeling that sting.

Louisville vs. WVU - Louisville 38-24. No disrespect to WVU as they have a fine team but if UL gets on a roll I think it will be hard for WVU to keep up with them. Also, I am hoping that maybe WVU is looking a little ahead of this game at USF. Also the homer in me wants to see UL beat WVU just in case we do lose to WVU the following week also I am not sure if a WVU win will keep UL in the top 25.

Best of luck!
10-12-2005 03:57 PM
USFMike Offline
1st String

I Root For:

syracuse 21 rutgers 7 (cuse at home after a devasting loss, i'm still not convinced the cuse is that bad of a team, this game wil seal schiano's fate, hart has at least 2 picks, if he starts)

uconn 30 cinci 10 (i admit i know the least about cinci, i saw the penn st game and listened to their win against e. michigan. uconn is a solidly coached team, they are a couple of good recruiting classes away from being a reg top 25 team, losing banikowski? will hurt them in future games but hernandez should have no problems moving the ball against cinci.)

usf 24 pitt 10 (usf understands they need to win on the road to get any type of respect, they've been focusing all week on getting off to a good start and not turn the ball over early, which was our problem against penn st and miami. pitt's offense still wasn't all that impressive against arguebly one of the worst defenses in the big east. any conference road game will be tough but i like usf's mindset going into the game, they're coming in with a chip on their shoulder (pitt is favored for god's sake, easiest money i'll ever make), the team understands they need to prove the l-ville game wasn't a fluke in order to gain respect)

and finally...

louisville 45 west va 17 (louisville has been preparing for this game all year, they know the implications, barring any major hiccups they should win easily at west va. dont get me wrong west va is a top 25 team, but louisville is special, the only x-factor is if west va can force some key turnovers they may have a chance. but i can't see their defense stopping l-ville's offense and i don't see their offense minus gwaltney and with that shaky qb platoon scoring many points against a very oppurtunistic defense.
10-12-2005 06:38 PM
ccfcpa Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

You heard it here first.

Louisville by 10 over WV
Rutgers by 3 over Cuse
Pitt by a touchdown over USF
Uconn by 17 over Cincy
10-12-2005 06:45 PM
army56mike Offline

I Root For: Liberty & UofL

42 LOUISVILLE :)
24 West Virginia

31 RUTGERS
28 Syrupcuse :frown:

28 S. FLORIDA :)
24 Pittifu

42 U CONN
14 Cincinnati :frown:
10-12-2005 07:59 PM
Advertisement

cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: Syracuse

Donators

zebu97 Wrote:U Conn vs. Cincinnati - U Conn 24-13. While I am not sold on U Conn's defense at this point, Cincy just lost way too much off of last year's team.

Rutgers vs. Syracuse - Rutgers 20-13. Houston . . . er I mean Syracuse, we have a problem - it is called lack of offense! Chalk it up to a new head coach and a new system, and let's be honest here - the former coach did not leave the cupboard stocked with players. Though to be honest it would not surprise me to see Rutgers snatch defeat out of the jaws of victory on this one.

USF vs Pitt - USF 34-17. Same for Pitt as with Syracuse, new coach, new system, lacking in talent. Pitt is dangerous and the weather may be a neutralizing factor but Pitt spanked the crap out of USF last year and I am sure we are still feeling that sting.

Louisville vs. WVU - Louisville 38-24. No disrespect to WVU as they have a fine team but if UL gets on a roll I think it will be hard for WVU to keep up with them. Also, I am hoping that maybe WVU is looking a little ahead of this game at USF. Also the homer in me wants to see UL beat WVU just in case we do lose to WVU the following week also I am not sure if a WVU win will keep UL in the top 25.

Best of luck!
I think everything that you said is pretty much right on the money, except that last sentence in the last paragragh, where you said your hoping that WV is looking past Louisville to play USF. The Eers have had the Louisville game circled all year. I dont know if there is any team in the country that would overlook Louisville.

Welcome to the BE board 04-cheers
10-12-2005 08:09 PM
zebu97 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

cuseroc Wrote:
zebu97 Wrote:U Conn vs. Cincinnati - U Conn 24-13.  While I am not sold on U Conn's defense at this point, Cincy just lost way too much off of last year's team. 

Rutgers vs. Syracuse - Rutgers 20-13.  Houston . . . er I mean Syracuse, we have a problem - it is called lack of offense!  Chalk it up to a new head coach and a new system, and let's be honest here - the former coach did not leave the cupboard stocked with players.  Though to be honest it would not surprise me to see Rutgers snatch defeat out of the jaws of victory on this one.

USF vs Pitt - USF 34-17.  Same for Pitt as with Syracuse, new coach, new system, lacking in talent.  Pitt is dangerous and the weather may be a neutralizing factor but Pitt spanked the crap out of USF last year and I am sure we are still feeling that sting.

Louisville vs. WVU - Louisville 38-24.  No disrespect to WVU as they have a fine team but if UL gets on a roll I think it will be hard for WVU to keep up with them.  Also, I am hoping that maybe WVU is looking a little ahead of this game at USF.  Also the homer in me wants to see UL beat WVU just in case we do lose to WVU the following week also I am not sure if a WVU win will keep UL in the top 25.

Best of luck!
I think everything that you said is pretty much right on the money, except that last sentence in the last paragragh, where you said your hoping that WV is looking past Louisville to play USF. The Eers have had the Louisville game circled all year. I dont know if there is any team in the country that would overlook Louisville.

Let me rephrase that a bit then.

What I was trying to say was that I was hoping WVU was looking past UL towards USF (after the USF win over UL). WVU is playing at home against UL but on the road at USF. UL looks awesome at times but they are vulnerable. Also, with UL having one loss already losing again would kill any hopes of a BCS bid for the birds. Conversely, a loss by WVu, though hurting their top 25 hopes, would still leave them in a good enough position if they beat the Bulls. That would put 3 teams tied for first in the conference (and yes I am ignoring U Conn for now because to be honest, they have not been tested yet and they still have all three of us left to play - UL, WVU and USF so plenty of room to lose one or two there). If WVU/UL/USF all end up with 1 loss in the BE then WVU would go to the BCS bowl due to a tie breaker (I would think).

Please, don't rain on my parade just yet.

And I would like to say (my own personal opinion) that I have enjoyed our entry into the BE over CDOA because most of the fans of the BE schools have been a hell of a lot nicer than the CDOA fans. Sure there is a lot of animousity between schools but nothing compared to the hatred and invective spewed posts by CDOA fans.

Pitt's and Syracuse's problems aside, I think the BE has the chance to be a really good conference each year and will be a real dog fight for whoever makes it to the BCS bowl game. My only concern is that if Pitt and Cuse get their programs turned around (which I am sure will happen) and UL, WVU, U Conn, Rutgers and USF can keep playing as good as they are and Cincy gets moving back in the right direction this could be one of the toughest conferences (internally) than any other conference. No Baylors, Dukes or Indiannas here!
10-12-2005 09:01 PM
USFPDiddy Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

zebu97 Wrote:
cuseroc Wrote:
zebu97 Wrote:U Conn vs. Cincinnati - U Conn 24-13.  While I am not sold on U Conn's defense at this point, Cincy just lost way too much off of last year's team. 

Rutgers vs. Syracuse - Rutgers 20-13.  Houston . . . er I mean Syracuse, we have a problem - it is called lack of offense!  Chalk it up to a new head coach and a new system, and let's be honest here - the former coach did not leave the cupboard stocked with players.  Though to be honest it would not surprise me to see Rutgers snatch defeat out of the jaws of victory on this one.

USF vs Pitt - USF 34-17.  Same for Pitt as with Syracuse, new coach, new system, lacking in talent.  Pitt is dangerous and the weather may be a neutralizing factor but Pitt spanked the crap out of USF last year and I am sure we are still feeling that sting.

Louisville vs. WVU - Louisville 38-24.  No disrespect to WVU as they have a fine team but if UL gets on a roll I think it will be hard for WVU to keep up with them.  Also, I am hoping that maybe WVU is looking a little ahead of this game at USF.  Also the homer in me wants to see UL beat WVU just in case we do lose to WVU the following week also I am not sure if a WVU win will keep UL in the top 25.

Best of luck!

Let me rephrase that a bit then.

What I was trying to say was that I was hoping WVU was looking past UL towards USF (after the USF win over UL). WVU is playing at home against UL but on the road at USF. UL looks awesome at times but they are vulnerable. Also, with UL having one loss already losing again would kill any hopes of a BCS bid for the birds. Conversely, a loss by WVu, though hurting their top 25 hopes, would still leave them in a good enough position if they beat the Bulls. That would put 3 teams tied for first in the conference (and yes I am ignoring U Conn for now because to be honest, they have not been tested yet and they still have all three of us left to play - UL, WVU and USF so plenty of room to lose one or two there). If WVU/UL/USF all end up with 1 loss in the BE then WVU would go to the BCS bowl due to a tie breaker (I would think).

Please, don't rain on my parade just yet.

And I would like to say (my own personal opinion) that I have enjoyed our entry into the BE over CDOA because most of the fans of the BE schools have been a hell of a lot nicer than the CDOA fans. Sure there is a lot of animousity between schools but nothing compared to the hatred and invective spewed posts by CDOA fans.

Pitt's and Syracuse's problems aside, I think the BE has the chance to be a really good conference each year and will be a real dog fight for whoever makes it to the BCS bowl game. My only concern is that if Pitt and Cuse get their programs turned around (which I am sure will happen) and UL, WVU, U Conn, Rutgers and USF can keep playing as good as they are and Cincy gets moving back in the right direction this could be one of the toughest conferences (internally) than any other conference. No Baylors, Dukes or Indiannas here!
No Indianas? Aren't they in the upper middle of B10 play right now? I know it wont last, but they have some impressive wins and could potentially make a bowl.

I agree with you for the most part, though.
10-13-2005 01:06 AM
army56mike Offline

Go UofL!
Go USF!
Go UC!

Uuum, not that I care or have a whole lot of interest, but I hope Syrupcuse beats Rutgirls. Although, I really like to verbally squabble with Brista, so it's hard to pick against his team.
10-15-2005 08:33 AM
army56mike Offline

Man I really wish I could watch that Pitt vs. USF game.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
I HAVE A WEDDING AND RECEPTION TO GO TO TODAY DURING THE
UofL GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bang: :mad: :bang: :crying: 03-puke :frown:
10-15-2005 08:36 AM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.