Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Where would the BE be ranked, if ND joined?
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Louisville

Any of you math guys have the answer?
10-09-2005 01:02 PM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

njndirish Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Notre Dame

higher than the BE is now
10-09-2005 01:03 PM
tigersharktwo
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

Close to the PAC10.
10-09-2005 01:05 PM
njndirish Offline
Special Teams

if not ahead
10-09-2005 01:05 PM
Jackson1011 Offline

I Root For:

About equal to the Pac 10.....if you have ND and PSU.....it would be on a equal level to the rest of the BCS leagues

Jackson
10-09-2005 01:11 PM
Advertisement

Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Athletes First

Wilkie01 Wrote:Any of you math guys have the answer?
First off if they would join then forget about ever splitting with the Non Football Members.

Second we will be in the same area as the Big XII and Pac 10 this year if you have both PSU and ND.
10-09-2005 02:05 PM
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

Come Notre Dame, do the right thing and play Big East football. 04-cheers
10-09-2005 02:16 PM
njndirish Offline
Special Teams

But ND won't
10-09-2005 02:25 PM
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

That is why there is major conflict between ND and the football brewing. 04-cheers
10-09-2005 02:26 PM
Advertisement

3rd Wise Man Offline
1st String

I Root For: X

i can see why the big east would have a conflict with notre dame, but not the other way around. notre dame wouldn't lose much by losing their partial status, and i see that being an absolute worst case scenerio for them.
10-09-2005 02:35 PM
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

This will cause the split by or before 2010.
10-09-2005 02:45 PM
tigersharktwo
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

There is no split with ND in 2010 or any other year.Possibly ND will go from 3 games per year to 4.Is ND BE football relationship some how figured into the market share criteria for the BE football?(they have had NON BCS bowl relationships with the BE since 1993)
10-09-2005 03:17 PM
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

Not what I hear! But then again. who knows! 04-cheers
10-09-2005 03:24 PM
Advertisement

Tony The Tiger Offline
Banned

I Root For:

Notre Dame does not need BE football but BE football owes everything to Notre Dame. If a split happens Notre Dame will stay independent in football and either keep the rest of their sports with the basketball-only schools or with the new league created by the football schools. If Louisville(who else would be stupid enough) says that Notre Dame must join in football to be part of the new league and be elegible for conference bowl tie-ins well then Notre Dame puts their basketball and olympic sports with Marquette, DePaul, Georgetown, etc...and negotiates their own bowl deals. Bowls have already shown they will bend over backwards to include the Irish. The Sun Bowl and Gator Bowl agreed to link with the Big East only because of the opportunity to take Notre Dame. If the football schools sever their relationship with Notre Dame they can also kiss their bowl deals goodbye. The Sun and Gator bowls would drop you like a bad habit if Notre Dame weren't part of the deal. I just don't see Notre Dame ever giving up their independent status or their exclusive tv contract. If they ever do it will be to join the Big 10.

P.S. you can forget about getting Penn State to join also. They'd be taking a huge paycut if they dropped down from the Big 10 to the Big East.
10-09-2005 05:27 PM
SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCONN

Tony The Tiger Wrote:Notre Dame does not need BE football but BE football owes everything to Notre Dame. If a split happens Notre Dame will stay independent in football and either keep the rest of their sports with the basketball-only schools or with the new league created by the football schools. If Louisville(who else would be stupid enough) says that Notre Dame must join in football to be part of the new league and be elegible for conference bowl tie-ins well then Notre Dame puts their basketball and olympic sports with Marquette, DePaul, Georgetown, etc...and negotiates their own bowl deals. Bowls have already shown they will bend over backwards to include the Irish. The Sun Bowl and Gator Bowl agreed to link with the Big East only because of the opportunity to to take Notre Dame. If the football schools sever their relationship with Notre Dame they can also kiss their bowl deals goodbye. The Sun and Gator bowls would drop you like a bad habit if Notre Dame weren't part of the deal. I just don't see Notre Dame ever giving up their independent status or their exclusive tv contract. If they ever do it will be to join the Big 10.

P.S. you can forget about getting Penn State to join also. They'd be taking a huge paycut if they dropped down from the Big 10 to the Big East.
You are assuming all the teams in the BE would stay the same and not improve. I disagee we need ND totally. I believe in a few years BE can get all the bowl contracts on its own without problems. BE will get at least 3 good fan traveling teams in WVU, UL and UCONN. We dont know about USF, but they can be decent too. Rest of the conference has to improve in term of fan support, but 3 or 4 good teams would be a good start.

In the next few years, I believe quality of football will improve also due to younger teams getting better and new coaches making a difference. I really see both Pitt and SU improve once they recruit some players that fit into their system.
10-09-2005 05:44 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Tony The Tiger Offline
Banned

I Root For:

SF Husky Wrote:
Tony The Tiger Wrote:Notre Dame does not need BE football but BE football owes everything to Notre Dame.  If a split happens Notre Dame will stay independent in football and either keep the rest of their sports with the basketball-only schools or with the new league created by the football schools.  If Louisville(who else would be stupid enough) says that Notre Dame must join in football to be part of the new league and be elegible for conference bowl tie-ins well then Notre Dame puts their basketball and olympic sports with Marquette, DePaul, Georgetown, etc...and negotiates their own bowl deals.  Bowls have already shown they will bend over backwards to include the Irish.  The Sun Bowl and Gator Bowl agreed to link with the Big East only because of the opportunity to to take Notre Dame.  If the football schools sever their relationship with Notre Dame they can also kiss their bowl deals goodbye.  The Sun and Gator bowls would drop you like a bad habit if Notre Dame weren't part of the deal.  I just don't see Notre Dame ever giving up their independent status or their exclusive tv contract.  If they ever do it will be to join the Big 10.

P.S. you can forget about getting Penn State to join also.  They'd be taking a huge paycut if they dropped down from the Big 10 to the Big East.
You are assuming all the teams in the BE would stay the same and not improve. I disagee we need ND totally. I believe in a few years BE can get all the bowl contracts on its own without problems. BE will get at least 3 good fan traveling teams in WVU, UL and UCONN. We dont know about USF, but they can be decent too. Rest of the conference has to improve in term of fan support, but 3 or 4 good teams would be a good start.

In the next few years, I believe quality of football will improve also due to younger teams getting better and new coaches making a difference. I really see both Pitt and SU improve once they recruit some players that fit into their system.
You are delusional. The Sun and Gator officials have publicly said they signed with your league ONLY because of the chance to take Notre Dame. Besides, right now your league is closer to the MWC than to any of the 5 legitimate power leagues. You aren't even close to any of the Big 5 leagues. Right now you're just battling to avoid having to use an appeal to keep your BCS bid.
10-09-2005 05:48 PM
ccbfan Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

Notre Dame does like being in the Big East, just not in Football. ND gains a lot from the Big East and its football members, hence the reason they are willing give the BE rights to use their name for bowls and agree to increase the amount of games with BE schools. ND's not doing this out of the goodness of their heart.

No other major conference in country would allow ND's basketball teams and their Olympic teams to play in their conference without football. Big East gives ND the ability to say they play in one of the best basketball conferences in the country. ND has alway said they would rather stay with the football schools than with the basketball schools.

Why you ask?

Cause the football schools are much better in basketball and much better in many of the sports Notre Dame cares about. Unlike football, major programs aren't lining up to play ND basketball, so going independant is not an option. So where would you think they would end up if they don't help the Big East football schools? The obvious answer is the BE basketball schools. IMO the BE basketball school is no more different than the A10 these days. I mean what have they done recently. Yeah I know these teams has great tradition but do you really think recruits care about things that happened before the were born? In the last 15 years, UMASS, St Joes, TEmple, and Xavior have done just as much as Georgetown, St Johns, Villanova and Marquette. The only reason people think the BE basketball schools are better is because they get to play in a same league as Uconn and Syracuse while A10 teams don't.

ND knows this which was the reason why the were one of the main oponents against splitting. ND isn't like some other football schools we know where the other sports mean crap. They take pride in the fact that their school is highly ranked academically and provides varied supply of high level sports and activities for the students and fans to play and enjoy. They see themselves as the complete package and playing in a 2nd rate league for other sports doesn't help that image at all. This is the BE and ND is at its current relationship.

Personally, I don't think we are getting a bad end of the deal at all. ND is helping us and their non-football sports is top notch.

My main problem with ND is that we have opposing interest. We want to get better so we don't need ND to help us get bowls and have BCS security. ND enjoys being needed by the football so that they can join for other sports, hence they want us to fail. Quite frankly, IMO, there no way this relationship is gonna end well. Someone is gonna lose.
10-09-2005 06:07 PM
Advertisement

tigersharktwo
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl

ND and the BE football schools work together for their mutual benefit.Only people who hear TOO MUCH CUSA STUFF think ND and the BE football schools are breaking apart.
10-09-2005 06:12 PM
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

You ND supports sound worried! Who are you trying to convince? Yourselves? You free ride is soon over. 04-cheers
10-09-2005 08:00 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.