ODU Monarchs

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Quinton Upshur
ODUR8R Offline
All American

I Root For: ODU
Quinton Upshur
He's transferring from VMI to a JUCO power according to Ed Miller. Anyone else think he could be a good fit as SF at 6'5 in 2013? Can he RS and give us two quality years after Donte Hill leaves? We are lacking in big physical combo guards, it used to be a strength. Does anyone have any info they can share on this?
09-11-2012 11:09 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Razor Ramon Monarch Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
RE: Quinton Upshur
We are joining CUSA in a years time. We need to be aiming HIGH. Like really, really high. Not a transfer from VMI to a juco.
09-11-2012 11:51 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ODUR8R Offline
All American

That's a legit point. I'd like to point out they have more players in the NBA right now from Kilgore College than we do. And we were thrilled to get one.

Marcus Thornton
Francisco Elson
09-11-2012 12:04 PM
djnva Offline
All American

(09-11-2012 12:04 PM)ODUR8R Wrote:  That's a legit point. I'd like to point out they have more players in the NBA right now from Kilgore College than we do. And we were thrilled to get one.

Marcus Thornton
Francisco Elson

Sure, and Ga State has more NFL players than we do. It doesn't mean anything.

As to the JUCO--not sure how many JUCO guys would be willing to redshirt.
09-11-2012 12:14 PM
ODUR8R Offline
All American

I'm fishing to see if anyone who's seen him play multiple times thinks he can be a good fit in out program? His strengths are defense and outside shooting and we could use help in both areas. As far as RS a JUCO, that was just a pure guess, I'm sure it would never happen. We will have a void once Donte leaves at that spot and we currently have no one else to fill.

I don't get your point DJ. Sure we smack the snot out of Kilgore college in a game, that doesn't mean that they don't produce quality players to D1 programs and occasionally land some in the NBA. Check them out, they have put guys at LSU, CAL, UNLV, Texas Tech, South Carolina, Nevada, Purdue, Wichita State, Missouri State and Wash State to name a few.
09-11-2012 12:20 PM
Advertisement

djnva Offline
All American

(09-11-2012 12:20 PM)ODUR8R Wrote:  I don't get your point DJ. Sure we smack the snot out of Kilgore college in a game, that doesn't mean that they don't produce quality players to D1 programs and occasionally land some in the NBA. Check them out, they have put guys at LSU, CAL, UNLV, Texas Tech, South Carolina, Nevada, Purdue, Wichita State, Missouri State and Wash State to name a few.

My *only* point was because that program puts kids into big programs and the NBA doesn't mean all kids going there are going to be the type of recruit we need.

I don't think we really are disagreeing--we'd need to know how he fits. I mostly wanted to get in a quick shot at Georgia State as well.
09-11-2012 01:02 PM
ODUR8R Offline
All American

Right on. I've seen him play once at Booker T and was impressed with his frame and range, but don't have enough insight to make a proper call on if he's the kind of player that Taylor is looking for. He does seem to fit the profile to an extent.
09-11-2012 01:08 PM
Monarchblue Offline
Heisman

I am pretty sure that is Bacote's spot after Hill graduates. We are pretty deep on the wings for the next few years, I think the focus going forward is finding a quality big.
09-11-2012 01:23 PM
mturn017 Online
ODU Homer

I Root For: Old Dominion
(09-11-2012 01:02 PM)djnva Wrote:  
(09-11-2012 12:20 PM)ODUR8R Wrote:  I don't get your point DJ. Sure we smack the snot out of Kilgore college in a game, that doesn't mean that they don't produce quality players to D1 programs and occasionally land some in the NBA. Check them out, they have put guys at LSU, CAL, UNLV, Texas Tech, South Carolina, Nevada, Purdue, Wichita State, Missouri State and Wash State to name a few.

My *only* point was because that program puts kids into big programs and the NBA doesn't mean all kids going there are going to be the type of recruit we need.

I don't think we really are disagreeing--we'd need to know how he fits. I mostly wanted to get in a quick shot at Georgia State as well.

I don't follow B-Ball that closely but I agree Ga St sucksCOGS
09-11-2012 01:44 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.