Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Gary Johnson **Probably** on Pennsylvania ballot
Native Georgian Online
Legend

I Root For: TULANE+GA.STATE
Gary Johnson **Probably** on Pennsylvania ballot
http://www.lp.org/2012-ballot-access

The above link to the Libertarian Party website states Johnson is "On 2012 ballot" in 45 states, with Michigan and Oklahoma "in litigation".

According to the link, Rhode Island, Connecticut, and Pennsylvania are in the process of veryifying signatures, etc., but there doesn't appear to be any specific reason why Johnson's name wouldn't be on the ballot in those three states.

But Michigan and Oklahoma are unclear for now.

UPDATE: Pennsylvania court ruling link here: http://www.ballot-access.org/2012/Pennsy...ictory.pdf
(This post was last modified: 09-13-2012 08:56 PM by Native Georgian.)
09-11-2012 10:54 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU
RE: Ballot-Access for Gary Johnson
(09-11-2012 10:54 AM)Native Georgian Wrote:  http://www.lp.org/2012-ballot-access

The above link to the Libertarian Party website states Johnson is "On 2012 ballot" in 45 states, with Michigan and Oklahoma "in litigation".

According to the link, Rhode Island, Connecticut, and Pennsylvania are in the process of veryifying signatures, etc., but there doesn't appear to be any specific reason why Johnson's name wouldn't be on the ballot in those three states.

But Michigan and Oklahoma are unclear for now.

*sigh*

Of course the one candidate I would feel reasonably good about voting for is in jeopardy of not appearing on my ballot.
09-11-2012 12:33 PM
Native Georgian Online
Legend

In other third-party ballot access news:

I'm hearing that Roseanne Barr and Cindy Sheehan -- the nominees for President and Vice-President of the "Peace and Freedom Party" have scored ballot-access in Colorado and Florida.

The Constitution Party (right-wing) has an ex-Virginia Congressman running for President and he is on the ballot in Virginia. That could both hurt Romney and help George Allen at the same time.
09-12-2012 09:08 AM
dcCid Offline
All American

I Root For: ACC, Big East
(09-12-2012 09:08 AM)Native Georgian Wrote:  In other third-party ballot access news:

I'm hearing that Roseanne Barr and Cindy Sheehan -- the nominees for President and Vice-President of the "Peace and Freedom Party" have scored ballot-access in Colorado and Florida.

The Constitution Party (right-wing) has an ex-Virginia Congressman running for President and he is on the ballot in Virginia. That could both hurt Romney and help George Allen at the same time.

Virgil Goode is popular in downstate VA. He was a delegate in Richmond for years as a Democrat before turning republican so he could jump on the hate and intolerance bandwagon. He is well known in other parts of the state also.

Even the liberal falls church paper had some good things to say about him

http://www.fcnp.com/commentary/national/...anity.html
09-13-2012 06:51 AM
Native Georgian Online
Legend

We should find out today if Gary Johnson will be on the Pennsylvania ballot, or not: http://www.abc27.com/story/19527871/cour...-pa-ballot

As the linked-article shows, it's Republicans who are trying to prevent Johnson from being on the ballot in PA. That is unquesitonably contrary to the public interest, but I have a hunch it's probably against the GOP's own political interest, too.
09-13-2012 08:03 AM
Native Georgian Online
Legend

RE: Gary Johnson **Probably** on Pennsylvania ballot
Commonwealth Court of Pennsylvania ruled today in a 2-1 decision on the LP efforts to get Gary Johnson on that state's November ballot. Link to the court's opinion here: http://www.ballot-access.org/2012/Pennsy...ictory.pdf

The court's ruling is complex and gave neither side a complete legal victory. But Johnson probably did not need a total victory because he already had a lot of uncontested signatures and only needed a small % of the remainder to be validated. Today's judicial opinion can be appealed to the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania (and does anyone doubt that it will be?) -- but for now, Johnson's chances of being on the PA ballot as the Libertarian Party nominee look strong to me. Stay tuned -- and keep an eye on Michigan and Oklahoma, where I am much less optimistic about Johnson's odds of success.

By the way, did you know that in Pennsylvania, the Democrat and Republican parties can place their nominees on the General Election ballot by submitting 2,000 verified/authenticated signatures of registered voters in support. But for all other parties, the threshold is nearly 21,000 such signatures!

How awesome is that, hmmm?? 03-banghead
09-13-2012 08:43 PM
Advertisement

georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
(09-13-2012 08:43 PM)Native Georgian Wrote:  By the way, did you know that in Pennsylvania, the Democrat and Republican parties can place their nominees on the General Election ballot by submitting 2,000 verified/authenticated signatures of registered voters in support. But for all other parties, the threshold is nearly 21,000 such signatures!

How awesome is that, hmmm?? 03-banghead

If we suck so bad at Democracy here, why are we bombing a bunch of people to spread it elsewhere? Can't we at least not suck at it here first?
09-13-2012 11:22 PM
Bearcat_Bounce Offline
God Like Summoner

I Root For: Winners
As long as he's on the Ohio ballot, I'm good. 04-cheers
09-13-2012 11:50 PM
jh Offline
All American

I Root For:
Donators
Looks like it's now officially official in Pennsylvania.

http://csnbbs.com/showthread.php?tid=587035
Quote:Johnson’s ballot status had been in limbo for nearly three months before Commonwealth Court Senior Judge James G. Colins ruled on Wednesday that the Pennsylvania Libertarian Party filed more than the required valid signatures needed to get the entire slate of statewide Libertarian candidates on the ballot in the general election.
10-12-2012 07:35 AM
No Bull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCF
just remember a vote for this guy..(however deserving it may be) is a vote for Obama. I would think long and hard about voting for a guy who has no chance of winning. jmo
10-12-2012 08:12 AM
Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

I Root For: Dragons

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
My vote for Johnson (if I vote for him) isn't going to throw Alabama to Obama.
10-12-2012 08:46 AM
Advertisement

BlazerFan11 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB
(10-12-2012 08:12 AM)No Bull Wrote:  just remember a vote for this guy..(however deserving it may be) is a vote for Obama. I would think long and hard about voting for a guy who has no chance of winning. jmo

Actually, Johnson pulls as much support (and moreso in some states) from Obama as he does from Romney.
10-12-2012 09:21 AM
jh Offline
All American

I Root For:
Donators
(10-12-2012 08:46 AM)Smaug Wrote:  My vote for Johnson (if I vote for him) isn't going to throw Alabama to Obama.

Pretty sure my vote won't turn Texas blue.
10-12-2012 09:30 AM
Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU
If Oklahoma eventually gets him on the ballot, then my loser state will be the only one in the country without a Gary Johnson option. Given that scenario, there are times when I do find "none of the above" to be an appealing decision.
10-12-2012 09:30 AM
jh Offline
All American

I Root For:
Donators
(10-12-2012 09:30 AM)Motown Bronco Wrote:  If Oklahoma eventually gets him on the ballot, then my loser state will be the only one in the country without a Gary Johnson option. Given that scenario, there are times when I do find "none of the above" to be an appealing decision.

All you need is a Brewster & you could make a real difference.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/an-2t8x2Y7...the_above/
10-12-2012 09:38 AM
ETSUfan1 Offline
SoCon / ETSU Mod

I Root For: ETSU Football

Donators
This argument drives me ******* nuts. A vote for Gary Johnson is a VOTE FOR GARY JOHNSON. If both of the big party candidates weren't worthless sh!tbags, maybe I'd vote for one of them.

[Image: 6a00d8341c56de53ef00e54f2850e78834800wi.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 10-12-2012 03:28 PM by ETSUfan1.)
10-12-2012 03:26 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TampaKnight Offline
Knight Family

I Root For: The American
A vote for Gary Johnson, is a vote for Gary Johnson. WTF kinda logic is this, Smaug?
10-12-2012 04:38 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

I Root For: Dragons

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
(10-12-2012 04:38 PM)TampaKnight Wrote:  A vote for Gary Johnson, is a vote for Gary Johnson. WTF kinda logic is this, Smaug?

Wait. What?
10-12-2012 04:54 PM
TampaKnight Offline
Knight Family

I Root For: The American
(10-12-2012 04:54 PM)Smaug Wrote:  
(10-12-2012 04:38 PM)TampaKnight Wrote:  A vote for Gary Johnson, is a vote for Gary Johnson. WTF kinda logic is this, Smaug?

Wait. What?

You are saying that if I vote for someone other than Romney, it is a vote for Obama.

That is really dull-witted.
10-12-2012 10:27 PM
nomad2u2001 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
(10-12-2012 10:27 PM)TampaKnight Wrote:  
(10-12-2012 04:54 PM)Smaug Wrote:  

Wait. What?

You are saying that if I vote for someone other than Romney, it is a vote for Obama.

That is really dull-witted.

When did he say that?
10-12-2012 10:38 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.