ODU Monarchs

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Any plans to expand Foreman Field?
GreenHornet33 Offline
All American

I Root For: Jackson State Tigers
Any plans to expand Foreman Field?
First of all congrats to you guys and your amazing program. You guys have been kicking arse and taking names in the few short years that you've been back. What you guys have accomplished is simply amazing. With the move to C-USA are there any plans to expand Foreman Field or to build a new stadium?
09-07-2012 09:49 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

devyanks90 Offline
All American

I Root For: Old Dominion

Folding@NCAAbbs
RE: Any plans to expand Foreman Field?
We're in the process of developing a master plan for campus and expansion/reconstruction of Foreman Field will be part of it. It should be released by the end of the school year. (I believe February is the target)

Biggest issue is that we have nowhere near enough parking for another 10,000 people.
09-07-2012 09:53 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
backrow Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Monarchs!
Please read the following thread!

http://csnbbs.com/showthread.php?tid=570747&page=8
09-07-2012 01:29 PM
Sithlord Offline
2nd String

I Root For: ODU
On ODU football show last night, Bobby Wilder was asked whether stadium will be expanded or will a new facility be built. He said that right now the plan is for an expansion in the near future and he doesn't anticipate (at least he hasn't been told so) a new facility will be built.
09-08-2012 06:52 AM
ODUsmitty Online
Heisman

Isn't it refreshing to have fans of other programs stop by and ask reasonable questions? I know next year, when we start competing with our CUSA brethern, the happy talk will give way to more spirited discussion; however, to be free of GMU and VCU trolls is rather nice, isn't it?
09-08-2012 12:45 PM
AdoptedMonarch Offline
Heisman

(09-08-2012 12:45 PM)ODUsmitty Wrote:  Isn't it refreshing to have fans of other programs stop by and ask reasonable questions? I know next year, when we start competing with our CUSA brethern, the happy talk will give way to more spirited discussion; however, to be free of GMU and VCU trolls is rather nice, isn't it?

Totally agree. I haven't logged onto the CAAZone since shortly after the CUSA announcement, and I haven't missed it a bit.
09-08-2012 02:19 PM
Advertisement

Old Dominion Navy Offline
The Lion King

I Root For: ODU SDSU
(09-08-2012 12:45 PM)ODUsmitty Wrote:  Isn't it refreshing to have fans of other programs stop by and ask reasonable questions? I know next year, when we start competing with our CUSA brethern, the happy talk will give way to more spirited discussion; however, to be free of GMU and VCU trolls is rather nice, isn't it?

Well right now we are in limbo once we start conference play, VCU and GMU trolls will give way to UAB and ECU trolls.
09-08-2012 05:49 PM
Petey Hodge Offline
All American

[Image: primary.jpg]
09-08-2012 11:32 PM
Old Dominion Navy Offline
The Lion King

I Root For: ODU SDSU
I think Northwestern has one of the best looking stadiums, i hope they are looking at this stadium as an example of how unique Foreman would be if they kept the clamshells.
09-09-2012 12:35 AM
Niner National Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Charlotte 49ers
(09-09-2012 12:35 AM)Old Dominion Navy Wrote:  I think Northwestern has one of the best looking stadiums, i hope they are looking at this stadium as an example of how unique Foreman would be if they kept the clamshells.

Agree. I really hope you guys keep the clamshells.

Partial demolition of the clamshells might not be a bad idea so that you can better bowl in the endzone that currently has the bleacher seating. Can make the downward curve less pronounced, adding more rows of seating.
09-09-2012 01:05 PM
Mr. Monarch Offline
Bench Warmer

[Image: Kenan-Stadium-aerial.jpg]

How about this stadium?
09-09-2012 02:08 PM
Advertisement

Blue_Trombone Offline
Heisman

(09-09-2012 02:08 PM)Mr. Monarch Wrote:  [Image: Kenan-Stadium-aerial.jpg]

How about this stadium?

That'd be awesome, just make that carolina blue to Navy and we're good...

But, would it fit?
(This post was last modified: 09-09-2012 02:51 PM by Blue_Trombone.)
09-09-2012 02:51 PM
Mr. Monarch Offline
Bench Warmer

Looking at it, doesn't look to bad in size. The student endzone would be the only issue with size.
09-09-2012 03:22 PM
CameramanJ Offline
Heisman

The Ainslie football complex is definitely smaller than either endzone complex featured in this picture, and I think they might be looking for just normal seating rather than another complex at the other endzone. I like the style of the boxes on the sideline overhangs. Trombone's right about the fit, though- I figure that no matter what they choose to build, it'll be a bit of a squeeze. If there's a positive change in that regard (ie. a land acquisition, etc.) I'll be pleasantly surprised.
09-09-2012 08:54 PM
Blue_Trombone Offline
Heisman

I know people were discussing maybe closing Bluestone Avenue, and I was walking around anyway so I had a look-see and there are only 2 homes that currently require access to Bluestone, one would be easy to have a driveway made to connect them to Longwood Drive, but the other could be more complicated. It is far enough up the road though that we may be able to close up the area up to that house (in front of the Navy ROTC building), leaving Bluestone intact beyond that. Another possibility is to just acquisition that land. These could free up a lot of space for the stadium. Traffic probably would become worse though.

[Image: PVP4p.png]
09-09-2012 09:51 PM
odu757 Offline
Water Engineer

ODU must expand to at least 35k in next 2-3 yrs IMO.
09-09-2012 10:55 PM
Advertisement

Petey Hodge Offline
All American

Bluestone's gotta go if we're serious about expanding to the big time. Our clams are small compared to Northwestern and UNC, so it may be easier just "greenfielding" a new site somewhere else rather than kloojing up Foreman Field (like the Webb Center).

...and chicks don't dig small clams.
(This post was last modified: 09-10-2012 12:13 AM by Petey Hodge.)
09-10-2012 12:12 AM
finalcloud Offline
2nd String

(09-09-2012 09:51 PM)Blue_Trombone Wrote:  I know people were discussing maybe closing Bluestone Avenue, and I was walking around anyway so I had a look-see and there are only 2 homes that currently require access to Bluestone, one would be easy to have a driveway made to connect them to Longwood Drive, but the other could be more complicated. It is far enough up the road though that we may be able to close up the area up to that house (in front of the Navy ROTC building), leaving Bluestone intact beyond that. Another possibility is to just acquisition that land. These could free up a lot of space for the stadium. Traffic probably would become worse though.

[Image: PVP4p.png]

That was always my backup parking street.
09-10-2012 09:02 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Monarch Maniac 10 Offline
1st String

(09-10-2012 12:12 AM)Petey Hodge Wrote:  Bluestone's gotta go if we're serious about expanding to the big time. Our clams are small compared to Northwestern and UNC, so it may be easier just "greenfielding" a new site somewhere else rather than kloojing up Foreman Field (like the Webb Center).

...and chicks don't dig small clams.

They spent too much money on the current stadium to just tear it down like that. Foreman Field ain't moving. It will be interesting to see which approach they take, however. My money says they just close in the corners, adding approximately 10k seats. I don't see how we could possibly have the infrastructure (both stadium and parking) in place for more than that.
09-11-2012 07:16 AM
bit_9 Offline

Like in your picture with the red line down bluestone B_T. The only way to go up is to extend the footprint towards bluestone. If it is ever going to get bigger than 25-30 they are going to have to move the ROTC, Koch Hall, and more than likely at the very least the south end of that Admin building that runs up to where the jumbo is.

Even if they just close in the corners they are going to have to do something with that part of the Admin building. It runs right up to the corner.
09-11-2012 07:47 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.