Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

[split] How to land ND (I saw this on a SU fan forum)
cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: Syracuse

Donators
(09-06-2012 09:24 PM)catdaddy_2402 Wrote:  
(09-06-2012 09:09 PM)wildthing202 Wrote:  
(09-06-2012 07:09 AM)XLance Wrote:  
(09-05-2012 09:58 AM)orangefan Wrote:  
(09-05-2012 08:35 AM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  4 game scheduling deal (2 home, 2 away) + Orange Bowl access = deal (IMO).

Two guaranteed road games are key because those go into our TV package. Taking ND in for hoops would provide the opportunity to reopen with ESPN to capture this value.

Notre Dame basketball adds absolutely nothing to the ACC.

Maybe 5 years ago that would be true but with only Duke, UNC, and now FSU being the only good teams year in and out, they wouldn't exactly hurt.

Notre Dame basketball is essentially Clemson with a better PR machine. They add nothing to ACC basketball.

I dont know if I would go that far. ND has been playing in a much tougher conference than Clemson. Their coach is very, very underated. They dont do well in the tourney but in conference, they have done well in beating some top 10 teams.
(This post was last modified: 09-06-2012 10:12 PM by cuseroc.)
09-06-2012 10:08 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

JustAnotherName Offline
Banned

I Root For: FSU/UD/UK/FIU
(09-06-2012 10:06 PM)cuseroc Wrote:  
(09-05-2012 09:58 AM)orangefan Wrote:  
(09-05-2012 08:35 AM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  4 game scheduling deal (2 home, 2 away) + Orange Bowl access = deal (IMO).

Two guaranteed road games are key because those go into our TV package. Taking ND in for hoops would provide the opportunity to reopen with ESPN to capture this value.

Maybe 5 years ago that would be true but with only Duke, UNC, and now FSU being the only good teams year in and out, they wouldn't exactly hurt.

Wow, this league really needs some help if FSU is listed with Duke and UNC as a consistantly good team.

Look at the facts, dingbat. Over the last 8 years we have the 3rd most ACC wins - behind only UNC and Duke - and are the only school other than UNC and Duke to win the ACC. We beat those two schools FOUR times last year.
09-06-2012 10:23 PM
cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

Donators
RE: How to land ND (I saw this on a SU fan forum)
(09-06-2012 10:23 PM)JustAnotherName Wrote:  
(09-06-2012 10:06 PM)cuseroc Wrote:  
(09-05-2012 09:58 AM)orangefan Wrote:  Two guaranteed road games are key because those go into our TV package. Taking ND in for hoops would provide the opportunity to reopen with ESPN to capture this value.

Wow, this league really needs some help if FSU is listed with Duke and UNC as a consistantly good team.

Look at the facts, dingbat. Over the last 8 years we have the 3rd most ACC wins - behind only UNC and Duke - and are the only school other than UNC and Duke to win the ACC. We beat those two schools FOUR times last year.

Please refrain from the childish namecalling. I also stand by my comment. I believe that the Acc, outside of Duke and UNC has been very down the last few years. I am confident that FSU would never have the 3rd most wins in the BE the last 8 years. Hence why I say the Acc needs some help, which is on the way.
(This post was last modified: 09-06-2012 10:34 PM by cuseroc.)
09-06-2012 10:31 PM
Advertisement

JustAnotherName Offline
Banned

Guess what, BUD-DDDDDDDDY, you shouldn't consider yourself in the Big East anymore and nobody in the ACC or the rest of the country gives two shats about that conference, either.

You're just mad I called you out. A two-week warning for the word "dingbat"? Rich.
09-06-2012 10:36 PM
cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

Donators
(09-06-2012 10:36 PM)JustAnotherName Wrote:  Guess what, BUD-DDDDDDDDY, you shouldn't consider yourself in the Big East anymore and nobody in the ACC or the rest of the country gives two shats about that conference, either.

You're just mad I called you out. A two-week warning for the word "dingbat"? Rich.

No, I'm just disappointed that you dont mind taking swipes at Syracuse and Pitt fb, but have to start namecalling when someone questions your own team. By the way take a look at the board AUP rule that you have just violated. You should just move on.

AUP
===== Trouble Making
Failure to discuss moderation issues in private +15% || Expires: 2 weeks
(This post was last modified: 09-06-2012 10:43 PM by cuseroc.)
09-06-2012 10:42 PM
Advertisement

JustAnotherName Offline
Banned

(09-06-2012 10:42 PM)cuseroc Wrote:  
(09-06-2012 10:36 PM)JustAnotherName Wrote:  Guess what, BUD-DDDDDDDDY, you shouldn't consider yourself in the Big East anymore and nobody in the ACC or the rest of the country gives two shats about that conference, either.

No, I'm just disappointed that you dont mind taking swipes at Syracuse and Pitt fb, but have to start namecalling when someone questions your own team. By the way take a look at the board AUP rule that you have just violated. You should just move on.

AUP
===== Trouble Making
Failure to discuss moderation issues in private +15% || Expires: 2 weeks

Yes, I'm sure your disappointed, Mom.

In the grand scheme of things I care very little about Pitt or Cuse or their affiliation with the ACC. If someone (or myself) were to say Pitt or Cuse suck they'd be correct, whether you like it or whether it's a "swipe" at them or not. You didn't question anything. You made a statement that I called you out on. Your implication was factually lacking.

I also hope you just gave yourself a +15%, 2 week warning for not discussing that with me in private. (Yes, feel free to add +15% more for bringing this up in the thread.)
09-06-2012 11:14 PM
catdaddy_2402 Offline
I'm not an ACC cheerleader

I Root For: Clemson and ECU
I'm dissapointed our moderators don't do anything about personal attacks, but considering the fact the moderators are all cheerleaders and their cheerleader buddies are the ones doing it I'm not surprised. The only mod over here worth the title is Clairton.

I welcome my two week warning.
(This post was last modified: 09-06-2012 11:19 PM by catdaddy_2402.)
09-06-2012 11:16 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

Donators
(09-06-2012 11:19 PM)JustAnotherName Wrote:  PS - I find it amusing that you've tweaked your posts during this exchange after the fact.

OK, you and Catdaddy both need to just cool it. I dont mind giving both of you a permanent ban for complaining about the way this board is being moderated.

And I dont know what you are talking about tweaking my posts dude. But This is your final warning.
09-06-2012 11:24 PM
ClairtonPanther Offline
people need to wake up

I Root For: Pitt/Navy

Donators
The only thing that I ask is that folks PM me or other mods before calling them out.
09-06-2012 11:29 PM
catdaddy_2402 Offline
I'm not an ACC cheerleader

I Root For: Clemson and ECU
I just sent Billybadass a PM Clairton
09-06-2012 11:31 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.